Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Frozen Empire spooks with $2.7M OW; Kung Fu P4nd4 reaches $22.8M, Dune 2 crosses $10M.

19 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

Why the new account @carlsalf? You were gone a long time.

Hehehe. I don't what I did... all my details for the account (username, password, etc.) were recorded in my Explorer but I had to delet it and I erase everything... so I had to link my Facebook account and create a new account... so in summary because I'm a fool¡ Hahaha

Well... I really hope Dr. Sleep can do better, I think it looks good although I'm hearing the run time is really heavy.

Let see what happens because there are not many more big releases for the rest of the year, although 2019 will definetly break several records.

2 hours ago, carlsalf said:

Hehehe. I don't what I did... all my details for the account (username, password, etc.) were recorded in my Explorer but I had to delet it and I erase everything... so I had to link my Facebook account and create a new account... so in summary because I'm a fool¡ Hahaha

Well... I really hope Dr. Sleep can do better, I think it looks good although I'm hearing the run time is really heavy.

Let see what happens because there are not many more big releases for the rest of the year, although 2019 will definetly break several records.

I think if you remember the email address the admins should be able to send a reset mail.

• Thanks 1

Joker should have passed Avengers in lc, total is $42.8M.

Looks like a good weekend again for Maleficent 2, it's now up to $22M - close to 420M lc.

Hasta la vista, Terminator. Just $5.0M total, less than 100M lc.

Dr. Sleep opened to $1.5M.

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2019 at 8:36 AM, Purple Minion said:

@carlsalf Doctor Sleep's OW was just 27.3M lc.

Yes. In the end it didn't break out. I haven't seen it but I have heard that it is too slow and too long so not a very good combination. I still think it can get to 75M in the end.

This Holiday weekend we only have Ford vs. Ferrari as the big film, how much will it gross? 20-25M? Or higher? I'm not sure how to read the "adult films" sometimes specially with Midway also making some competition.

This month has not been very nice but at least we have Frozen next weekend to save some face...  

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 5:37 PM, keysersoze123 said:

I think if you remember the email address the admins should be able to send a reset mail.

Thanks... Yes but as I didn't remember the email I thought it would be easier to have a new account...

Ford vs Ferrari is getting great reviews, but we know that means nothing to the audience 🙃

If there's awareness, I say 20M lc is reasonable. I like the title for Latin America, Contra lo imposible. In Europe it's called Le Mans '66...

Local movie Placa de acero is getting the lion share of screens for new releases, 3 times more than FvF or Midway.

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2019 at 8:36 AM, Purple Minion said:

Well well well. On its fourth week, Maleficent 2 returns at the top of the weekend chart with 32.5M lc (about $1.7M). Is this the first time this happens, @Carlangonz?

The first time in years, yeah. Very impressive for Maleficent and Aurora. 

On 11/13/2019 at 8:40 AM, carlsalf said:

This Holiday weekend we only have Ford vs. Ferrari as the big film, how much will it gross? 20-25M? Or higher? I'm not sure how to read the "adult films" sometimes specially with Midway also making some competition.

High 10s-Mid 20s

4 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Local movie Placa de acero is getting the lion share of screens for new releases, 3 times more than FvF or Midway.

Videocine's aggressive treatment especially with holiday on Monday. Art-house circuit is selling like crazy for The Irishman opening tomorrow too, no negotiations with major chains but Netflix reached a deal with smaller chains and once again Cinetecas, drive-ins and independent art-house theatres.

• Thanks 2

PS for Frozen 2 started on Monday. Very slow start to be honest. Toy Story 4 had a massive surge on sales the weekend prior to opening and Lion King too to a lesser extent. This is going to be crucial for Frozen 2 BO prospect.

Today also started sales for The Rise of Skywalker and as expected it started huge on first-tier cities. Perisur and Buenavista working with all their screens on opening night and already have multiple near sellouts. Other complexes adding midnight shows for Friday and Saturday. If just these level of madness was replicated to the entire country.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

ALL TIME MOVIES LC

05    993,200,000    The Lion King (2019)

06    839,600,000    Joker (2019)
07    827,122,714    The Avengers (2012)

---

47    435,600,000    Transformers 4 (2014)

48    431,600,000    Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019)
49    428,366,014    The Jungle Book (2016)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1.1M OW for Ford vs Ferrari, low end of expectations. No reports on Midway whatsoever. Hoping Placa de acero did well.

In totals: 43.2M for Joker, reaching its end-life. Another good weekend for Maleficent 2, $23.6M total and over 450M lc.  The Terminator reboot is languishing at $5.9M.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Fecking hell, the witch was just 800K lc short of repeating at #1 in its 5th week!

23,800,000 Ford vs. Ferrari

23,100,000 Maleficent 2

Joker up to 845,600,000 lc (close to $43.5M), Addams Family holding up quite well crossing $8M, and Midway ($550K) and Placa de acero ($400K) flopped.

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Fecking hell, the witch was just 800K lc short of repeating at #1 in its 5th week!

23,800,000 Ford vs. Ferrari

23,100,000 Maleficent 2

Joker up to 845,600,000 lc (close to $43.5M), Addams Family holding up quite well crossing $8M, and Midway ($550K) and Placa de acero ($400K) flopped.

Well, last weekend isn't the worst of the year anymore. Besides being the worst of the year this frame is also one of the worst ever for a holiday weekend. I'm concerned for the rest of the year, we don't have a Bohemian Rhapsody and an Aquaman/Grinch duo like last year or a Coco, Justice League and the Showman-Jumanji combo like two years ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

23 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

Well, last weekend isn't the worst of the year anymore. Besides being the worst of the year this frame is also one of the worst ever for a holiday weekend. I'm concerned for the rest of the year, we don't have a Bohemian Rhapsody and an Aquaman/Grinch duo like last year or a Coco, Justice League and the Showman-Jumanji combo like two years ago.

Yes... this year has already ended basically. Frozen 2 will be the only beacon of light and we will have to see how it goes this weekend. Considering how things are not expecting much... probably 100-110M but not sure if that will be enough to save the end of the year.

What??? You don't think that Cats will endure??? I'm not even sure if it will premiere this year but it looks really weird and there is not that much buzz. Jumanji can help but Star Wars is only for die hard fans... so, nothing great for the rest of the year so we're not really getting to 20Billion... Not even 19B??? How sad... 

Huge screen count for opening but presales indicate opening around Dumbo and Maleficent 2 which isn't bad for WDAS but far away from the major leagues and definitely not on par with US/Europe. Hopefully there's a big pick-up on walk-ups. Going with $170M+ ($8.7M) opening

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3