Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | With booming ER, Kongzilla reaches $27.7M and Kung Fu P4nd4 $33.1M.

14 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

$45M lc/576K admissions

+15% from TLJ in USD
+13.6% in MXN
-4% in admissions
ATP is up from TLJ by +18%
ER is 0.8% better

Solid result considering how is behaving in most places. 4-Day Weekend shall go towards $135M-$140M ($7.1M-$7.4M)

Wow, didn't Joker have an opening day of $4.2 million?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wotad said:

No be quiet and stop being so damn annoying who cares how joker did vs star wars only you./

Listen, carefully ...

I'm trying to gauge the overseas numbers on whether or not The Rise of Skywalker can possibly surpass Joker overseas because the latter surpassed The Last Jedi's $712 a few weeks ago with $727 million - so I'll be able to look back at the opening-day numbers etc and my posts and plot a chart/graph at some point (especially with the second-weekend numbers) ...

P.S. You shouldn't be telling anyone to be quiet on these forums - bad form; also, Joker made ₹7.55cr in its opening day in India, compared to The Rise of Skywalker's ₹1.2cr.

Edited by Bart Allen
  • Thanks 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

36 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Listen, carefully ...

I'm trying to gauge the overseas numbers on whether or not The Rise of Skywalker can possibly surpass Joker overseas because the latter surpassed The Last Jedi's $712 a few weeks ago with $727 million - so I'll be able to look back at the opening-day numbers etc and my posts and plot a chart/graph at some point (especially with the second-weekend numbers) ...

P.S. You shouldn't be telling anyone to be quiet on these forums - bad form; also, Joker made ₹7.55cr in India, compared to The Rise of Skywalker's ₹1.2cr.

Different franchises have different places they perform well in, comparing Rise Of Skywalker to The Last Jedi directly would be far more meaningful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Apples vs pears. Joker opened on a Fri, TROS on a Thu... its OD figures are better than I expected.

Besides the obvious fact that both movies come from genres and brands that historically perform totally different in the country. It might be ok to compare them on western Europe where Joker was big and SW has always been huge but here is not fair to compare them since the highest grossing SW is barely in Top 40 and Joker is #6 all-time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DECEMBER 19TH-22TH  WEEKEND. 4-DAY WEEKEND. THE RISE OF SKYWALKER OPENS AHEAD OF THE LAST JEDI IN 4-DAY BUT FALLS BELOW IN 3-DAY. JUMANJI 2 DOESN’T SHOW LEGS AS EXPECTED BUT FROZEN 2 DOES.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

- 2.88% above The Last Jedi comparing 4-Day opening for both. Comparing only 3-Day openings it falls short by 1.8%. In admissions drops from The Last Jedi in both 3-Day and 4-Day by 16.25%.

- Third best 4-Day opening for December behind The Force Awakens and Aquaman.

- Should experience legs between The Last Jedi and Rogue One which takes it to finish between $270M-$290M.

Jumanji: The Next Level

- Isn’t legging as expected which is reducing its chances to cross $300M and might even be a competition with The Rise of Skywalker to see which one finish higher.

Frozen 2

- Should easily cross $500M by Christmas and top Maleficent: Mistress of Evil as 8th highest grosser of the year and surpass Hotel Transylvania 3 to join the Top 10 of biggest animations ever.

# MOVIE WEEKEND % CHANGE TOTAL (MXN) TOTAL (USD) ADM. TOTAL ADM.
1 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker $89.8   $134.9 $7.13 1.1 1.7
2 Jumanji: The Next Level $40.1 -50,61% $174.9 $9.06 711.9K 3.3
3 Frozen 2 $16.4 -42,65% $492.6 $25.33 308.8K 9.2
4 Doblemente Embarazada $7.3   $8.8 $465K 132.2K 160K
5 Black Christmas $6.7   $8.2 $428K 120.7K 148.9K
6 The Good Liar $5.5   $6.4 $323K 65.5K 76.8K
7 Last Christmas $4.6 -55,39% $47.7 $2.48 65.4K 808.8K
8 Knives Out $3.3 -64,89% $49.7 $2.57 42.5K 755.3K
9 Guadalupe Reyes $1.3 -73,46% $59.9 $3.09 21K 1.1
10 Ford v Ferrari $789.8K -67,09% $96.8 $4.99 8.7K 1.4

This Wednesday opens: Cats, Spies in Disguise, El Hubiera si Existe, Jexi, Parasite and El Progreso del Peregrino.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5