Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Kongzilla repeats on top, Civil War and Abigail underperform

14 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

LONG RANGE FORECAST. SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME. 4-DAY OPENING.

Sony has officially confirmed December 16th as opening day for the third installment of MCU's Spidey. We'll have to wait until presale begin to know if it'll hold midnight shows or rather Wednesday Night Previews. Big opening coming.

Opening Weekend (4-Day): $480M / 6.5M admissions

Lifetime Gross: $1,150M / 17M admissions

Thank you for these figures, I hope they turn out to be true, that would be huge ! More than I expected.

@VenomXXR With 1,15Bn lc in Mexico, NWH can reach $700M in DOM, right ? #3 all time in Mexico, so let's try #3 all time in DOM ;)

Edited by LPLC

14 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

LONG RANGE FORECAST. SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME. 4-DAY OPENING.

Sony has officially confirmed December 16th as opening day for the third installment of MCU's Spidey. We'll have to wait until presale begin to know if it'll hold midnight shows or rather Wednesday Night Previews. Big opening coming.

Opening Weekend (4-Day): $480M / 6.5M admissions

Lifetime Gross: $1,150M / 17M admissions

spider-man3-emo-peter-parker.gif

4 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Thank you for these figures, I hope they turn out to be true, that would be huge ! More than I expected.

@VenomXXR With 1,15Bn lc in Mexico, NWH can reach $700M in DOM, right ? #3 all time in Mexico, so let's try #3 all time in DOM ;)

The comparison isn’t all movies, it’s MCU specific and MCU Spider-Man more specialized.

But yes, if NWH can pull 1.15B LC in Mexico then there’s no reason it can’t pull the equivalent growth domestically.

1.15B / 611M (FFH)= 88% growth 

1.15B / 485M (HC) = 137% growth 

So I’ll declare that if it hits 1.15B LC in Mexico it’ll make at least $675M DOM.

3 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

This should be to Spider-Man 3 what Toy Story 3 was to Toy Story 2

lol I went to check the difference between TS2 and TS3 in Mexico and it's so huge, I've never seen that. How do you explain that ?

23 minutes ago, LPLC said:

lol I went to check the difference between TS2 and TS3 in Mexico and it's so huge, I've never seen that. How do you explain that ?

What @keysersoze123 said.

I say there are basically three stages in modern era. We're probably entering a fourth one now.

1. 1994 - 2000. This one comes along entrance of NATFA and a new ER type. Multiplexes start to show up half this term and attendance is high but grosses are quite tricky. Gives us the legendary run of Titanic and ends with Spider-Man (2000)
  2. 2000 - 2009. Infrastructure is changing and adapting to new demands. Stable ER and inflation which gives room to grow but not to really explode. Gives us sizable grosses from HP, LOTR, Shrek and SM sagas, good results from local cinema and allows Hollywood to set ground for future franchises. Ends with Ice Age 3 and Avatar disrupting the market and giving us two 10M+ admissions titles in less than a year.
  3. 2010 - 2020-21. ER, inflation and infrastructure finally converge in a nice position and we can enjoy records continuously being broken as well as explosion from smaller titles and local cinema. Gives us first 15M, 20M and 25M admissions titles as well as four $1B lc releases in less than two years. By its final years lc yearly gross increases but admissions and USD start to settle. Not sure if this has ended but looking how 2019 was barely a record in admissions is safe to say we're reaching limits. All we can hope for is an improvement in ER and stabilization of inflation.

No Way Home coming in the golden era really speaks on how high Spider-Man 3 could've gone

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Busiest weekends in 2021 so far

1. Oct 07-10: 3.4 million, Venom 2 OW

2. Jun 24-27: 3.2 million. F9 OW.

3. Jun 03-06: 2.5 million. Cruella 2nd week + ease of restrictions.

4. Jul 01-04: 2.3 million. F9 2nd week.

5. Oct 14-17: 2.3 million. Venom 2 2nd week.

http://canacine.org.mx/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Asistencia-de-Cine-en-México-por-FDS-4-7-noviembre-2021-ok.pdf

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, juni78ukr said:

Canacine posted really weird chart 1 to 7 November (Monday to Sunday). Is it possible to contact them and correct it? Or this is the new way of reporting?

http://canacine.org.mx/taquilla/

Don't know yet, we think it's a one-off. No mention of this change in Canacine's social media.

About 40% hold for Eternals. It has indeed crossed $200M and surpassed Black Widow and Shang-Chi. Should pass Cruella by next friday.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone re-release grossed north $500K across its four days of limited release and pulled the biggest PSA of the year.

Venom 2 will end *this* close to $500M, up to $480M by sunday. Dune has passed $100M; incredible performance.

• Like 2

TOP MOVIES 2021 (lc)

01     521,000,000  F9

02     481,700,000  Venom: Let There Be Carnage

03     410,000,000  Godzilla vs Kong

04     338,600,000  The Conjuring 3: The Devil Made Me Do It

05     231,800,000  Cruella

06     211,000,000  Eternals

07     196,000,000  Black Widow

08     163,900,000  Space Jam: A New Legacy

09     153,400,000  Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

10     131,500,000  A Quiet Place Part II