Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | With booming ER, Kongzilla reaches $27.7M and Kung Fu P4nd4 $33.1M.

3 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Ok, I got numbers from my three remaining theatres:

A:EG TS4 TLK NWH
313 465 440 375

Numbers for all three comps are final. NWH could add some more but I think with the exception of a couple theatres the rest all working full capacity.

Seeing this, what is your current prediction for total run?

Both of them still glitching but at least Cinépolis allows me to watch showtimes. Cinemex won't even let me access. I'm concerned because Cinemex did fail for Endgame but it went up in a matter of minutes.

I'm already seeing tickets up to $1000M USD being sold in secondary markets.

• Astonished 4

In terms of sold-outs this is already outselling Joker and It Pt 2 final numbers at Cinemex. Should outsell them in overall tickets quite soon as services are recovering. It should outsell The Rise of Skywalker in the matter of 12 tops.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Carlangonz said:

In terms of sold-outs this is already outselling Joker and It Pt 2 final numbers at Cinemex. Should outsell them in overall tickets quite soon as services are recovering. It should outsell The Rise of Skywalker in the matter of 12 to 24 hours from now.

holy shit GIF

3 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

I was wrong, this is already outselling TROS at Cinemex in terms of overall sales. And that was the 3rd largest PS of 2019.

TROS? I didn't pay much attention, but TROS wasn't in top 10 2019, I thought Star Wars is weak in Mexico, but 3rd larget PS would mean they are very frontloaded,

12 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

TROS? I didn't pay much attention, but TROS wasn't in top 10 2019, I thought Star Wars is weak in Mexico, but 3rd larget PS would mean they are very frontloaded,

That's right. All the sequel trilogy was extremely PS heavy; I wasn't around here for TFA but many people were misguided by them because it was outselling Age of Ultron.

I don't think it was posted but yeah

El estreno de Star Wars, el despertar de la fuerza, ha generado tal emoción entre los cinéfilos mexicanos que estos adquirieron 455,547 boletos en preventa, cifra que la convierte en el filme más taquillero en ese formato, informó la cadena Cinépolis.

La franquicia que el viernes estrena la primera cinta de la nueva trilogía superó en preventa a la segunda película Avengers, Era de Ultrón en los tres días previos a su estreno en abril pasado con 398,378 boletos.

At Cinépolis:

• The Force Awakens: 455,547 tickets 2 days before release, final should've gone above 510K
  • Age of Ultron: 398,378 tickets (final)

La fuerza ‘despierta’ las preventas de Cinépolis (expansion.mx)

And just like in US; Rogue One and The Last Jedi kept the pace. The Rise of Skywalker had a decrease but still was strong to other juggernauts such as Captain Marvel which was very walk-up heavy or Lion King.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 2

On 12/16/2019 at 7:18 PM, Carlangonz said:

At Cinemex, The Rise of Skywalker is outselling Joker and It: Chapter 2 at the same point before release (only a day of difference with Joker) and midnights are pretty much where Joker's were the afternoon before opening. 

This is by no means a sign of a $250M+ opening for Episode IX but puts into perspective how presale-heavy is Star Wars and how much it leans into midnight shows. Back in 2015, The Force Awakens smashed Age of Ultron entire advanced sales yet it opened with about half gross. 

@charlie Jatinder

• Like 1

Cinépolis won't work for the rest of the afternoon and Cinemex still glitching but... Infinity War had 215 sold-outs for midnights in over 80 theatres from the major market after 5 days of release. No Way Home is at 110 after 14 hours for OD. Apples to peers but considering limitations right now it's a good way to go. 

Now, Toy Story 4 holds record for biggest OD w/o previews or midnights with $125M/2M admissions. TS4 had advantage of shorter runtime and shows beginning as early as 8:00 hours in major markets but still was back-loaded as Sunday was its biggest day (unlike IW and EG) so NWH would have room to catch 1.8M-2M admissions on Day 1 for $120M-$140M lc. 

Edited by Carlangonz