Jump to content
Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | No Way Home tops Endgame to become #1 movie ever and first to cross 1.5B lc!

Recommended Posts

Encanto up to $3M (will it reach 100M lc?) and Eternals is at $14.9M.

 

But who cares with these news from Deadline: Awaited with a fever pitch, SM: NWH took $7M in Mexico during the first 24 hours tickets were available last week. That’s a new milestone, coming in 40% above Avengers: Endgame.

 

:hahaha:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cinemex has doubled sales from Day One. Mexico City and Metro Area and Toluca (8th largest market) have now outsold Endgame's final figures. Other cities (out of major 12) have slowed but still ahead. At some point this week it'll double Infinity War total number.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 3
  • ...wtf 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Cinemex has doubled sales from Day One. Mexico City and Metro Area and Toluca (8th largest market) have now outsold Endgame's final figures. Other cities (out of major 12) have slowed but still ahead. At some point this week it'll double Infinity War total number.

tobey-maguire-spider-man.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Won't do Cinépolis until next week but Mexico City is behaving incredibly well. We'll have to see how PS continue and how much room will there be for walk-ups. I will continue to work with Endgame and Toy Story 4 instead of Infinity War. 

Toy Story 4 suits in the sense that didn't had midnights or previews. It had superb presales, ahead of any Pixar or Marvel sans IW, EG and maybe CW but also was a walk-up monster. Matinees and early afternoon were healthy and on par with Infinity War but lagged behind Endgame's. Due to lenght and huge adult demand, late afternoon and especially night/late night shows were beating Endgame's in most places. Midnights made the difference for IW and EG.

Endgame was benefited from super early shows and matinees behaved stronger than Infinity War. This is where predicting No Way Home gets tricky because it doesn't have early shows but it'll be more constant across all schedule and will get more shows than Endgame (very likely less than TS4 tho) so I guess this going similar to TS4 with a slight difference ahead. 2.2M admissions for $150M+ ($7M if ER doesn't collapse) sounds about right atm.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end, it was Ghostbusters and Gucci who were close for the #2 position, with the afterlife winning by just 1.5M lc.

 

Meanwhile, some updated totals and positions in the yearly chart.

 

02     502,200,000  Venom: Let There Be Carnage --> becomes the 38th movie to cross 500M lc.

05     307,200,000  Eternals

14     105,600,000  Ghostbusters: Afterlife

20       64,400,000  Encanto

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Largest single days ever in admissions:

  1. Avengers: Endgame (OD): 3.7M (2.5M excl midnights)
  2. Avengers: Infinity War (OD): 3.1M (2.2M excl midnights)
  3. Toy Story 4 (First Sunday): 2.9M
  4. Avengers: Engame (First Sunday): 2.7M
  5. Avengers: Endgame (First Saturday): 2.7M
  6. Avengers: Infinity War (First Sunday): 2.6M
  7. Toy Story 4 (First Saturday): 2.5M
  8. Avengers: Infinity War (First Saturday): 2.5M
  9. Avengers: Endgame (First Wednesday): 2.5M
  10. Captain America: Civil War (OD): 2.3M (1.7M excl midnights)
Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Is Sunday usually bigger than Saturday?

It always has been. Not only moviegoing but pretty much every comercial and recreational activity excells on Sundays; it's usually a day off for most people (not those who work in services) and is a big day for families to go out. Up to a few years ago, from overall BO in an average weekend; Sundays could make twice as much as Fridays. 

Also is a cultural thing I guess. Latino demo behaves similarly in US if you look at numbers especially from movies like Coco or Encanto.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Largest single days ever in admissions:

  1. Avengers: Endgame (OD): 3.7M (2.5M excl midnights)
  2. Avengers: Infinity War (OD): 3.1M (2.2M excl midnights)
  3. Toy Story 4 (First Sunday): 2.9M
  4. Avengers: Engame (First Sunday): 2.7M
  5. Avengers: Endgame (First Saturday): 2.7M
  6. Avengers: Infinity War (First Sunday): 2.6M
  7. Toy Story 4 (First Saturday): 2.5M
  8. Avengers: Infinity War (First Saturday): 2.5M
  9. Avengers: Endgame (First Wednesday): 2.5M
  10. Captain America: Civil War (OD): 2.3M (1.7M excl midnights)


3 million seems like a good target since this doesn’t have midnights?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Multiverse of XXR said:


3 million seems like a good target since this doesn’t have midnights?

Not with capacity and scheduling limitations. I'm on 2.2M leaning into 2.5 given Infinity War comp. Sad I didn't get numbers from IW # of shows because runtime is quite similar.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

It always has been. Not only moviegoing but pretty much every comercial and recreational activity excells on Sundays; it's usually a day off for most people (not those who work in services) and is a big day for families to go out. Up to a few years ago, from overall BO in an average weekend; Sundays could make twice as much as Fridays. 

Also is a cultural thing I guess. Latino demo behaves similarly in US if you look at numbers especially from movies like Coco or Encanto.

So like India. But in India FRI don't grow. Our normal trending for a big local  Bollywood film is; assuming FRI is 100

 

FRI - 100

SAT - 120

SUN - 150

MON - 60

TUE - 54

WED- 46

THU - 40

FRI - 30

SAT - 45

SUN - 65

 

Depending on WoM can differ a lot, but this is more like it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

So like India. But in India FRI don't grow. Our normal trending for a big local  Bollywood film is; assuming FRI is 100

 

Depending on WoM can differ a lot, but this is more like it.

For 1st and 2nd weekend is similar in here for Hollywood. Locals and animations tend to hold better on second frame.
Weekdays used to be more like: Wed (this could be as big as Sat or Sun for some titles) >> Tue >> Mon >> Thu but new release strategy has messed up everything.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

@charlie Jatinder's question about sundays left me curious so I gave a quick look around major locations and No Way Home is selling better for Sunday than Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It reminds me on how TFA DOM was selling better for Christmas than for most of its other days except OD.

That is surprise. I am not really sure if TFA was selling better for XMAS than its SAT & SUN because we have data for TLJ & TROS, XMAS was well under weekend.

 

Sunday selling better in Mexico, in India sales follow the normal trend as rest of world, with day 1 pre-sales > day 2 > day 3 and so on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2021 at 12:35 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

That is surprise. I am not really sure if TFA was selling better for XMAS than its SAT & SUN because we have data for TLJ & TROS, XMAS was well under weekend.

From Deadline

Quote

One has to remember that the pre-sale numbers actually apply to the full week and not just one day. The biggest pre-sales were for Thursday, followed by Friday and Christmas Day , according to our sources.

Not mentioned if they meant to a specific chain or ticketing service since they mentioned both Fandango and MovieTickets.com

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Advance Ticket Sales “Staggering” – Deadline

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.