Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Kongzilla repeats on top, Civil War and Abigail underperform

10 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

is this drop was expected ...?? 

Not with the screen loss it suffered of. Once again it beat expectations; now is ahead of Maleficent at the same point of release when past week they were neck-to-neck and is the second best 3rd weekend of the year and one of the best of all-time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Carlangonz said:

Not with the screen loss it suffered of. Once again it beat expectations; now is ahead of Maleficent at the same point of release when past week they were neck-to-neck and is the second best 3rd weekend of the year and one of the best of all-time.

So 600+ M LC is possible .. wonderful run 

• Like 1

Need to do some digging but Aladdin's third weekend should be one of Top 5 ever, maybe even Top 3. Coco and Endgame are obviously bigger but Aladdin is ahead of others such as Infinity War, Avengers and Furious 7. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 3

1 hour ago, Carlangonz said:

Need to do some digging but Aladdin's third weekend should be one of Top 5 ever, maybe even Top 3. Coco and Endgame are obviously bigger but Aladdin is ahead of others such as Infinity War, Avengers and Furious 7. 

I know Pixar and especially the Toy Story franchise are huge in Mexico

But between TS4, The Lion King and Far from Home...which one is positioned to do the most at the BO?

1 minute ago, PanaMovie said:

But between TS4, The Lion King and Far from Home...which one is positioned to do the most at the BO?

What about central America ...?? is their any chance of record for Toy Story 4 ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlangonz said:

I’m guessing all the weekends from here will be below Coco, but is there a chance to be a top 2 4th or 5th weekend if it keeps holding well?

28 minutes ago, PanaMovie said:

My money is on Woody & pals, TS4 has the potential to become a billion seller. If I2 could manage 700M+ PC, TS4 increase should be substantial.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, PanaMovie said:

I've been thinking about this a lot too. At the beginning of year I thought that the silver medal of the year was going to Toy Story 4 but then Captain Marvel and Endgame came to break all sorts of records and then I thought it would be between TS4 and Far From Home but then recent activity on social media (I know it's not the only metric but is very reliable for Disney releases) for Lion King is huge. 

All three have the potential to gross the most because they all three have strong back-up: Spidey has always been big -the Raimi saga broke many records- and both Infinity War and Endgame drew more popularity for him, Lion King had a massive 3D re-release and the musical had a prolific and long run and Toy Story 4 carries the goodwill of the saga and the studio.

Right now I'm leaning on Toy Story 4 but anything could happen.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

TS3 did $59 M in Mexico .. so this should be the target of TS4

In lc yes but not in USD as ER is at a worst level. 

The thing with TS3 is that a large part of its gross came from 3D tickets which boosted a lot the gross in $. Average ticket price for TS3 is bigger than the average for many animated titles of the last year like Incredibles 2, HT3 and HTTYD3 despite being released 9 years ago. That way you see how much 3D affected. That's why I don't trust on the way Mojo (and many other people) adjust grosses for titles like TS3, Alice in Wonderland and the one that shall not be named 

Edited by Carlangonz

55 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I’m guessing all the weekends from here will be below Coco, but is there a chance to be a top 2 4th or 5th weekend if it keeps holding well?

Nothing coming out next weekend and it only needs a sub-40% drop so I see it likely for the 4th weekend.

As for the 5th weekend I doubt it with TS4 opening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carlangonz said:

In lc yes but not in USD as ER is at a worst level. 

The thing with TS3 is that a large part of its gross came from 3D tickets which boosted a lot the gross in $. Average ticket price for TS3 is bigger than the average for many animated titles of the last year like Incredibles 2, HT3 and HTTYD3 despite being released 9 years ago.

3D contributed a lot in TS3 OS gross (in All markets) ... TS4 has that minus point .. TS4 will beat that gross but in local currency .

thank you   :) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

TS3 did $59 M in Mexico .. so this should be the target of TS4 ..

but what is the average ticket price , Number of theaters , inflation & currency value .. so no idea how far can this movie go ..

Impossible

E-X-C-H-A-N-G-E   R-A-T-E-S

Incredibles 2 should be the target, same in the rest of LA.

Edited by salvador-232

Just now, salvador-232 said:

Impossible

E-X-C-H-A-N-G-E   R-A-T-E-S

Incredibles 2 should be the target, same in the rest of LA.

but in local currency it is easy ...

Exchange rates & less 3D Factor are the minus points for TS4 ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunny Max said:

but in local currency it is easy ...

Exchange rates & less 3D Factor are the minus points for TS4 ...

Yeah, local currency is fairly easy, the problem with local currency is that in many cases today that is half of what TS3 did in dollars. 

TS4 could crush TS3 in local currency in many countries and still fall in dollars, this phenomenon happened to How To Train Your Dragon 3 this year, it increased in local currency in all Latin American markets but in dollars it grossed like 20m USD less

• Like 1