Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Kongzilla repeats on top, Civil War and Abigail underperform

Matinée shows had me worried from preventing huge numbers but the last two days they picked up a lot of sales.

Most of Top 10 best openers had the advantage of opening during holidays or school breaks (Endgame, Age of Ultron, Minions, Furious 7 and Fate of the Furious) and the rest of them had the huge advantage of midnights (Infinity War, Beauty and the Beast, Civil War, Captain Marvel) or Thursday previews (Incredibles 2). Toy Story 4 doesn't have any of those boost so if somehow manages to open above $75M for the first day is going to be really outstanding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought Tickets for TS4 for today at 7pm in Santa Fe (I did the operation at 11am) and the theather was basically 70% full. By now the theater is already at 90% full. Other nearby times are also 90% full and even the 10:10pm is at 30% so I guess that will get to 70-80% by the time all is said and done, so this will have a great Friday indeed (specially as kids are not in true holidays still)

Still haven't seen MIB or Dark Phoenix but did see Solteras - I laughed but when I analized the movie I'm not sure I like it. The protagonist is very pyscho and she is not likable at all but I did laugh a lot at least that's something.

4 hours ago, carlsalf38 said:

so this will have a great Friday indeed (specially as kids are not in true holidays still)

Great is little for what's coming ;)

4 hours ago, carlsalf38 said:

Solteras - I laughed but when I analized the movie I'm not sure I like it.

It wants to get rid of clichés but doesn't make it completely, ending kinda makes it up for it. I loved Cass, although not in the levels of her performance in Niñas Bien. 

11 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Aladdin

Is going to benefit a lot from TS4 spillover, it has enough screens to survive decently. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Nine years ago Toy Story 3 broke records with the highest opening weekend ever. Five years ago Gru's evil Minions stole that record but now Woddy is taking back his crown. Is not just topping the animated record but destroying it! 

Ready?

Third biggest OD in the industry only below Infinity War and Endgame 

:sarah:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 10

5 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Billion mark here we go!

Two billion club titles in less than 6 months! Insane! I only hope actuals don't have much difference considering Disney usually overestimates.

6 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Aladdin total is now at $31.3M, dethroning Maleficent and joining the 600M-lc club.

Considering how huge TS4 was that's a tremendous hold! Legs just don't go away! 

13 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

$23.4M! 

Third biggest OW ever below EG and IW. Despite opening day just $1M above Civil War is beating its OW by nearly $100M! 

It's breaking Minions' opening record by 80%! 

:ohmygod:

By how much do you think it will exceed TS3's Mexico total in US$? It needs all the help that it can get because of f**ked up ER's in OS markets.

1 minute ago, UserHN said:

By how much do you think it will exceed TS3's Mexico total in US$? It needs all the help that it can get because of f**ked up ER's in OS markets.

I think it'll end up slightly under. TS3 was as massive as this one. It can co-exist perfectly with FFH as IO/JW and I2/JW2 but don't know how much reach it'll have.

Jon Favreau coming to Mexico City tomorrow to hold a fan event for The Lion King. Unknown if they'll show the entire movie or just footage. 

Endgame broke Marvel Studios record

Toy Story 4 just broke Pixar's record

Frozen 2 could break WDAS record

Is Lion King gonna make it for the Disney's live-action division? 

• Like 3