Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | With booming ER, Kongzilla reaches $27.7M and Kung Fu P4nd4 $33.1M.

8 hours ago, carlsalf38 said:

Well, too bad about Christopher Robin. I don't think it will get to 100M at all. That will need a miracle¡

Ya Veremos will be the highest grossing Mexican movie this year. Don't see anything else doing more than 200M

And for the new openers, I really want to see The Meg. I love those kind of movies but what will it gross OW? 25-30? Can it get to 35? Have seen a lot of promotion for that one but then I may be biased.

Judging by the screen count I'm sure Warner is looking for something in the $60M-$80M range and i do believe can reach those numbers for the weekend

13 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

Judging by the screen count I'm sure Warner is looking for something in the $60M-$80M range and i do believe can reach those numbers for the weekend

$80M Wow. That would be outstanding for a ridiculous movie like this¡ Although I have talked to a lot of people and most want to see it, that OW would certainly be nice

It's official, 16 MCU titles are returning to screens on August last week and all across September, although it'll be a Cinépolis exclusive. The only movies that won't be showing are Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Thor and Ant-Man and the Wasp (well, that one is still going at some locations).

This is the second time Disney organize re-releases of their Marvel titles after they did it back in 2015 previous to the release of Age Of Ultron.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

$6.2M OW for The Meg!!! That's about 115M lc. Mega-hit.

:ohmygod:

I had the high end on $110M but wow... didn't expected that internal multi; it's very rare for non-animations/locals which means big buzz.

Also, kudos to Warner's marketing team, they've been building hype for this since July.

• Thanks 1

From Deadline:

• After China, Mexico was the highest international opening at No. 1 for The Meg with 63% of the Top 5 films. The gross there was $6.2M from 2,739 screens, higher than MI: Fallout, and is the biggest 2018 opening weekend for a WB film.
  • Talking about Fallout, total is now $10.8M.
  • Hotel Transylvania 3 reached $25.5M. Do I get my taco al pastor or need to wait a bit more? 😀
  • $37.2M is the latest total for Incredibles 2.
  • And Ant Man and the Wasp is now at $14.9M.

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 2

Well... I saw the movie on Friday and It is good, of course take into account is a movie about a giant shark eating people, but it is very entertaining and fun. Theater was packed and the local theater had like two or three screens for the movie.

I really wasn't expecting this kind of breaktrough. As I said before, I love this kind of movies but not everyone does.

I think rating helped a lot. There were kids in my theater and as it wasn't bloody or gory they liked the movie (one was a little bit scared but it was more because of it being dark that because of the shark).

What will be the total? 350? 300? 275? As @Carlangonz said, it had an outstanding multiplier over the weekend, could it hold during August? It has only one more week of vacations as kids go back to school next Monday but on the good side, there is nothing big until The Nun on September 7th.

In the end I love this kind of surprises at least it makes following the box office fun and somewhat unpredictable

• Like 1

AUGUST 10-12 WEEKEND. MEG DEVOURS COMPETITION WITH A JAW-DROPPING OPENING; FALLOUT INSTALLS NEW FRANCHISE HIGH AND HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA 3 ABOUT TO BECOME SONY’S BIGGEST TITLE EVER.

The Meg

-Huge opening, among best for Warner and currently pacinf 34% ahead of Rampage, 22.2% behind San Andreas, 8.7% over Skull Island, 28.4% above Godzilla.

- Thanks to lack of direct competition should swim right to $270M+, one of the break-outs of the year.

Ya Veremos

-Weak weekdays and hold for the weekend, due to it now is running behind Hazlo como Hombre despite a bigger opening, now may struggle to $200M if doesn’t recovers this week.

Mission: Impossible – Fallout

-Today should pass Rogue Nation as the highest grosser in the M:I franchise

Hotel Transylvania 3

-Today is the Sony’s title with most admissions beating Spider-Man 3 (10.17M) and Thursday should be the highest grosser going over Homecoming’s $485M.

# MOVIE WEEKEND % CHANGE TOTAL (MXN) TOTAL (USD) ADM. TOTAL ADM.
1 The Meg $119.28   $119.28 $6.50 2.14 2.14
2 Ya Veremos $31.63 -48,19% $140 $7.51 592.01K 2.85
3 Christopher Robin $14.10 -39,94% $56.2 $3.01 254.89K 1.09
4 Mission: Impossible - Fallout $13.42 -62,82% $201.04 $10.80 220.60K 3.56
5 Hotel Transylvania 3 $11.27 -53,11% $481.92 $25.86 239.54K 10.47
6 Loving Pablo $10.56   $10.56 $557K 157.03K 157.03K
7 Luis & The Aliens $5.9   $5.9 $311K 113.8K 113.8K
8 The Darkest Minds $5.39 -68,96% $36.5 $1.95 105.04K 771.5K
9 Bad Samaritan $3.28   $3.28 $173K 58.3K 58.3K
10 The First Purge $3.2 -72,95% $187.8 $9.94 61.04K 3.8

This Friday opens: Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again, The Equalizer 2, Plan V and Ghost Stories.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Wouldn't be surprised if El Meg repeats at #1...

:sparta:

Come'on Dracula, I want my taco!!!!!

Hehehehe. Sorry for being nosy, what is the bet? That it gets to 500 Million pesos? If that's it, you're ohhh so close but 20 Million pesos more is going to be complicated with kids on schools next week. I hope you get it

• Haha 1

Then... This weekend there is nothing really exciting so basically Tiburoncin should repeat at number one.

So: 

The Meg - 47M

Denzel's First Sequel - 32M

Cher's Comeback - 25M

Annnnddd HT3 will get to 492 Million (just thiiiisss close to the 500 Million Tacos)

Summer has ended and we have three weekends with nothing big until The Nun scares the shit out of people with 100M plus

• Like 2