Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Frozen Empire spooks with $2.7M OW; Kung Fu P4nd4 reaches $22.8M, Dune 2 crosses $10M.

20 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I feel like Ralph Breaks the Internet can do very well there!

It should do relatively well, i was expecting a new high for WDAS but it has a big big problem: Grinch opens a week later and december is an insanely crowded month.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

$5M+ OW projected for Jalogüin, as per Deadline:

The estimate $5.1M Mexico bow at 830 locations is the best opening for a Blumhouse film ever and 5th all-time highest for a horror film. The weekend is tracking over The Conjuring (+73%), Lights Out (+181%) and Happy Death Day (+527%).

Actually it could be fourth highest for genre only behind It, Nun and Conjuring 2. Will be quite close to Annabelle:Creation's 3-Day opening.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

It should do relatively well, i was expecting a new high for WDAS but it has a big big problem: Grinch opens a week later and december is an insanely crowded month.

Is Grinch really that important? Im ean, we got so many "Grinch" movies already and they never seem to be huge.

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Is Grinch really that important? Im ean, we got so many "Grinch" movies already and they never seem to be huge.

The live-action is very popular around here. And it's not just that: Illumination is a very established brand in the country and Universal is always aggressive with their marketing for animations, finally, one of the most famous local stars (Eugenio Derbez) is dubbing Grinch.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Carlangonz said:

The live-action is very popular around here. And it's not just that: Illumination is a very established brand in the country and Universal is always aggressive with their marketing for animations, finally, one of the most famous local stars (Eugenio Derbez) is dubbing Grinch.

that feels like a perfect storm ready for slaughtering

OCTOBER 19-21 WEEKEND. HALLOWEEN INSTALLS AS FIFTH HIGHEST OPENING FOR A HORROR TITLE BUT FALLS SHORT $100M. VENOM STANDS MICHAEL MYERS’ ATTACK AND GROWS TOWARDS $400M.

Halloween

- Fifth highest opening weekend for a horror title only behind It, The Nun, The Conjuring 2 and Annabelle: Creation.

- Highest opening for a Blumhouse and has already beat several titles from the studio such as Get Out and Happy Death Day. Over the next six days should beat Split and the next week outgross The First Purge.

Venom

- Running 7.5% behind Spider-Man: Homecoming at the same point of release. Once again it held incredibly well across the weekend, it keeps tracking towards a $440M+ final run.

# MOVIE WEEKEND % CHANGE TOTAL (MXN) TOTAL (USD) ADM. TOTAL ADM.
1 Halloween $97.28   $97.28 $5.04 1.7 1.7
2 Venom $37.8 -55,10% $402.7 $21.20 684.02k 7.7
3 Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween $17.8 -44,89% $60.22 $3.16 366.5K 1.3
4 A Star Is Born $13.05 -37,25% $48.6 $2.54 173.6K 732.8K
5 Si Yo Fuera Tú $10.84   $10.84 $562K 188.24K 188.24K
6 Smallfoot $9.66 -44,80% $160.04 $8.46 202.6K 3.4
7 Te Juro que yo no Fui $4.6 -64,06% $23.99 $1.26 91.1K 531.2K
8 Cinderella and the Secret Prince $3.78   $3.78 $196K 73.8K 73.8K
9 Crazy Rich Asians $1.63 N/A $16.30 $865K 29.8K 250.25K
10 Ni Tú Ni Yo $1 -78,54% $8.32 $437K 21.8K 186.6K

This Friday opens: The House with a Clock on its Walls, Coco (re-release), Museo, Replicas, L’ Apparition, Colette, Ghost House, Tamara y la Catarina, Harmonia and Atroz.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So here we are again. Halloween did way better than I expected as Mexico has never been very Slashery inclined, terror of course but not pure slashers.

So this week The House with a Clock on its Walls that seems like another Goosebumps, will it be good for 25M? 

I understand the fascination with Coco. I really liked the movie but it has already been on video for several months, even HBO will have it soon so a re-release?? Has it been selling well? I don't think anyone that I know will see it again but I will have to wait and see.

What do we have for next month?

Bohemian Rhapsody, I'm going with 80M in total

Fantastic Beasts: 285M total

Ralph: 450M total

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 3:34 PM, carlsalf38 said:

What do we have for next month?

Bohemian Rhapsody, I'm going with 80M in total

Fantastic Beasts: 285M total

Ralph: 450M total

Way more for Bohemian Rhapsody

Spot on for FB2

Less for WiR2

This weekend Halloween should repeat on top and #2 is going to be a race between House of Clocks in its Walls, Coco and Museo.

Coco is going over 1,500 screens, seems Pixar wants that record back.

December is going to be such a monster month, is very very crowded, just confirmed dates for the most important movies:

Dec 7 - Grinch

Dec 14 - Mortal Engines

Dec 19 - Bumblebee 

Dec 21 - Aquaman. Although Warner doesn't know what to do with this one while ironically is the one with most potential for the season along with Grinch.

Dec 25 - Mary Poppins Returns and Into the Spiderverse.

Jan 1 - Bad Times at El Royale

And that's not including local titles with some mojo.

Last year The Last Jedi was buried by Jumanji and The Greatest Showman, this year which could be the buried ones and the successful ones?

• Like 1

Halloween is comfortably repeating on top for the weekend after passing $150M today.

Coco and House with a Clock in its Walls are fighting over families to win no. 2 for the frame with $14M-$18M each one. Coco's total gross would be between $1,015-$1,020 by the end of the weekend, it would need an extension for another weekend to take back the all-time title from Infinity War.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1