Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Kongzilla repeats on top, Civil War and Abigail underperform

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

Fifty million barrier crossed. Total is now $50.1M! No idea in lc lol

Around $940M. Guess $1B is arriving after this friday. 

And i think its chances to pass Coco are decreasing, seemed locked but those awful nearly 90% drops is having on WoW results were unexpected. Is having a significant screen loss to Overboard, which is looking at $150M-$170M 4-Day OW and $300M+ total.

With the terrible ER, chances to pass $60M USD are dead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

Total up to Wed is now $50.8M

Wow! I didn't expected to drop on Wed from Tue, that usually doesn't happen, Wed is a increase day due to cheaper tickets. We should see a jump on Thu thanks to Mother's Day but Overboard is already in theatres, with 3,000+ screens and skewing towards families so it's getting complicated to predict. I think we're looking at a $50M-$60M 3rd frame for IW and $1.02-$1.03 by sunday. All-time record is going to IW but difference with Coco is looking smaller compared to what seemed a few days ago. It aims at a $1.11B-$1.13B final.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Holy mole poblano for Overboard! That could be the first non-tentpole opening over 200M :blink:

No history of billion lc movies on record and now we'll have two in 6 months!

:insane:

Overboard gonna breakout so much that IW fails to reach 1 bil and OB does it instead? :qotd:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Holy mole poblano for Overboard! That could be the first non-tentpole opening over 200M :blink:

Eugenio's powah!:insane: 

2 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

No history of billion lc movies on record and now we'll have two in 6 months!

Disney's powah! :redcapes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Sorry Mexico but your archrival Brazil is gonna surpass you in USD when it comes to Infinity War :hahaha::jeb!:

It seemed obvious to me since before opening, i know the situation in Brazil isn't the best but every recent SH has outperformed there compared to Mexico and IW wouldn't be the exception. 

You shouldn't have underestimated the results there @Fullbuster

14 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

Overboard keeps on track towards a $210M+ 4-Day OW and Infinity War targets a $55M-$65M 3rd weekend.

Yeah for the 4 days over 200m, AIW cume should get over  1080m and will be over 19m admits

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, Rthanos said:

AIW cume should get over  1080m and will be over 19m admits

No activities for schools tomorrow and tuesday; last chance to see a boost, if not, then Coco is pretty safe. By the size of the drops is indeed finishing in that area.

Very exciting summer we're living, way more exciting than last year's. We have a $1B grosser, two $500M+ (JW2 and OB) and other possible $500M+ (I2). Then we have AMATW ($300M+), HT3 ($400M+) and The Nun ($300M+).

Deadpool 2 remains as a mystery as RTC hasn't rated it yet. Although i guess Fox expects a B-15 rating, their marketing is the biggest I've seen for a movie this year

• Like 1