EmpireCity

Weekly Thread 6/27-6/20

1 hour ago, efialtes76 said:

Ok but October isn't mid December.

Might as well be, Halloween Ends, Black Adam, Strange Worlds along with Black Panther but its not impossible it moves and an Untitled WB event movie.  And given the calendar Halloween Ends will have played it self out before BP2 opens. 

Back from amusement park fun - slightly disappointing weekend for holdovers (and Elvis), but a nice start to the new week for the top 2.

Now, it's time for groceries...and to remind myself that I'm getting older and 2 days of wall-to-wall amusement park riding is exhausting!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

Do you think a 20M second weekend with 4th July in it is possibile for Elvis?

Keep in mind, it's technically a four-day weekend because even though Canada only contributes anywhere between 8-12% to the North American box office, our Independence Day is on friday. And there's a shitload of people in this country that love TGM as well. So there might be some very good numbers for the four-day coming up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Back from amusement park fun - slightly disappointing weekend for holdovers (and Elvis), but a nice start to the new week for the top 2.

Now, it's time for groceries...and to remind myself that I'm getting older and 2 days of wall-to-wall amusement park riding is exhausting!

15 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

3.42M

3.89M +12.5%

2.92M -25%

2.63M -10%     ____

4.21M +60%         |

6.00M +42.5%      |----------  15.61M -41.6%

5.40M -10%   ____|  

Total: 331.5M my conservative estimate

Thats reasonable. I do hope the Minions wont eat too much into JW's family audience, but its also late enough into the run that it shoudnt be a big factor. Thor could be another story, ofc.

8 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Thats reasonable. I do hope the Minions wont eat too much into JW's family audience, but its also late enough into the run that it shoudnt be a big factor. Thor could be another story, ofc.

Since they're both Universal properties, I wont be surprised if the distributors do a Firestarter again and have a combo viewing at drive ins. They're aimed at the same audience so it would work. The OG Jurassic World dropped only 38% the weekend Minions came out and that was the lowest weekend drop of that film's run yet at that time. 40% drop for Dominion is the goal percentage to get under in my opinion.

Edited by Alex SciChannel