The Wild Eric

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

2 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

So what do these numbers mean for 4 Day Weekends? Can someone who knows this stuff well do the math?

Top Gun maybe 27-28M 

Elvis 25M or so 

Black Phone maybe 14-15M 

Wouldn't be surprised if they all ended up a bit bigger, since it's early numbers

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

And not sure we noted it yesterday, but it seems Minions is a HUGE 13-25 male draw - from Deadline's Thursday demo breakdown...

"Mostly guy-skewing last night for Rise of Gru, however, it’s expected that moms will turn out. Those under 25 were 70%. Boys dominated those under 12 at 60%."

This is the TikTok meme influence :Venom: 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

100M is locked for Elvis :Venom: :Gaga: 

So happy for Austin Butler, I hope he wins an Oscar for this. It's so great to see new up and coming talent emerging. The studios should be doing a better job in promoting or raising up new generations of stars. It's like they've given up and relied on old figures. 

• Like 2

Dominion having another okayish hold. -42% per Deadline would be not bad, but also not great given the inflated Sunday. 400M is dead for sure (i know, has been for a long time now).

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Dominion having another okayish hold. -42% per Deadline would be not bad, but also not great given the inflated Sunday. 400M is dead for sure (i know, has been for a long time now).

Movie doesn't deserve to make half of what it's making. 

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Regarldess of that, it still shoudnt be a problem at all to express one's opinion that the "controversys" could potentially have an impact.

Im most of the time on the side of the mods since i know from a football forum how tiresome of a job it can be to moderate online forums, but simply expressing opinions shoud always be allowed as long as they are not harmfull in content and as i saw it @EmpireCity's post wasnt in any way. It was just an opinion (one i would personally not agree with) and he explained in a very rational way why he made his points.

Forums like these drive on discussions and opinion exchanges. Yes, some posts contain harmfull stuff and the posters should get warning points for that. But in my opinion this didnt apply to EC's post and in my opinion just because you personally dont agree with a rationally stated opinion that shoud never been a reason for mods to prosecute it.

Trolling/truly offensive/racist etc posts comments ofc should be not allowed. But simply stating an opinion that doesnt contain any of this stuff? Come on.

Right, but one of the mods in particular doesn't like me and has been itching for any reason to ban me for a long time.  He was told that he couldn't and it drives him crazy so it always is these ticky tack warnings from others instead.  

• Like 4

There was legit reasons for Despicable Me 3 being a disappointment (no one cares of a hook, bad marketing) but I thought it was evidence of a diluted brand. It appears that people simply shifted the brand association from Despicable Me to Minions all together. Can't think of another example like that in all my years doing this.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Your reply to user ThomasNicole which was reported to us

I didn't report that, it was bit rude but i believe just a silly confusion after all.

Unless others can report, don't really know how this works.

20 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I have to support this. Plus his analysis is not wrong. I share the same opinion that even some parents 100% ok with LGBT content don't want that in their kids stuff. It is an opinion. 

I do think it is great that Disney keeps on doing it tho. Sends a message.

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Regarldess of that, it still shoudnt be a problem at all to express one's opinion that the "controversys" could potentially have an impact.

Im most of the time on the side of the mods since i know from a football forum how tiresome of a job it can be to moderate online forums, but simply expressing opinions shoud always be allowed as long as they are not harmfull in content and as i saw it @EmpireCity's post wasnt in any way. It was just an opinion (one i would personally not agree with) and he explained in a very rational way why he made his points.

Forums like these drive on discussions and opinion exchanges. Yes, some posts contain harmfull stuff and the posters should get warning points for that. But in my opinion this didnt apply to EC's post and in my opinion just because you personally dont agree with a rationally stated opinion that shoud never been a reason for mods to prosecute it.

Trolling/truly offensive/racist etc posts comments ofc should be not allowed. But simply stating an opinion that doesnt contain any of this stuff? Come on.

I'm not sure what you two are on about but that post was neither hidden nor did he get any warnings for it. 

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Top Gun maybe 27-28M 

Elvis 25M or so 

Black Phone maybe 14-15M 

Wouldn't be surprised if they all ended up a bit bigger, since it's early numbers

lightyear?

So happy to finally be wrong this summer and to be wrong the right way - underestimating what is apparently, a pretty good family movie.

It seems the youngest has been influenced by the trends and has declared the little yellow guys his July movie, so now to decide when I'm buying tickets (b/c we're too busy this weekend:)...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

I didn't report that, it was bit rude but i believe just a silly confusion after all.

Unless others can report, don't really know how this works.

Yes anyone can report any post

• Thanks 1