ChipDerby

Our Derby Means Death | Week 28

44 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

Is it technically possible to have the same movie twice?   

e.g. a week of 

Thor

Thor

Minions

Minions

Top Gun

Top Gun

Elvis

Dinos

Phone

Lightyear

I mean, if the backend wants to have 10 officially, this accomplishes that, and gives effectively double weight to the more important movies of the week.

I’m not seeking to cause a fuss or try to break the back-end software, only looking down the road a bit and seeing the general emptiness of the calendar and gauging what the bottom end of the top 10 is going to look like 

Maybe they’ll be enough of those throwaway, $5M and under releases to keep the bottom from totally falling out, but if not, think it would be prudent to have a back-up option to keep it a contest of skill rather than luck 

I don’t personally mind having a few 200k grossers, it’s always a matter of luck+skill and if we have a few months skewed on the volatile side, c’est la vie.   

But I do expect 10th place to be quite dire on some fall weekends, yeah. And even like, 7th place.