The Wild Eric

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yep. Review bombing for Captain Marvel is why the Verified Audience stat even exists.

It's why Ms Marvel has an 81 pércent audience score (which would be seen on here as something despised by all who saw it) but it has a 98 with critics, the highest of any MCU release ever, including Black Panther.

The reason why Ms Marvel gets review bombed on IMDB is the same reason why it has 98% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Both are biased and doesn't matter.

Only thing that matters are the statistics and so far it was the lowest watched MCU D+ show opening.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

The reason why Ms Marvel gets review bombed on IMDB is the same reason why it has 98% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Only thing that matters are the statistics and so far it was the lowest watched MCU D+ show opening.

Ms Marvel is actually good, though

• Haha 1

Just now, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Ms Marvel is actually good, though

Greatest Ever Offering of MCU good?

Anyways statistics also say that Ms Marvel is watched by young people most.

So young people are watching it en mass, but overall viewership is lowest ever.

3 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

But the question is why MCU fans not watching this show? Bcz its a teen show? Or bcz main female lead is not connected to any male character? Bcz quality wise I don't think there should be any issue.

6 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Lowest watched MCU Disney+ opening is still > than 90 percent of other streaming shows. And Kamala's already starting in a sequel to a billion dollar hit next year, so no, I don't think it being "lowest" matters.

It also isn't the lowest. Three times higher than What If...which is already back for season 2.

• Like 1

Between a shorter runtime, potentially iffy WOM, and 3pm previews, are we looking at the biggest Thursday share of marvel previews ever? If it does below $70m today including previews, that'll get it there.  I think it'll have to have a pretty worst case scenario opening to fall below JW3.

OTOH I'm starting to wonder if Crawdads, if not the weekend, might be #1 on its opening day. The book is popular enough to have something of a rush factor and seats are selling quite nicely at least in my local area. Unlikely but weirder things have happened.

Minions is in shape for a decent hold, it actually had a better Wednesday drop than LIGHTYEAR, lmfao. It looks like theaters around me have completely given up on the later and apparently it lost 1,700 theaters this week? At this point is even $250m WW happening???

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Lowest watched MCU Disney+ opening is still > than 90 percent of other streaming shows. And Kamala's already starting in a sequel to a billion dollar hit next year, so no, I don't think it being "lowest" matters.

It also isn't the lowest. Three times higher than What If...which is already back for season 2.

Nope What if 1st day views were 350K+, 5 days views should be more than 1M+. So more people watched What if than Ms. Marvel

Edited by Factcheck

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Ms. Marvel gets pushed regardless of her level of popularity because of studio politics - the executive of production at Marvel created her. Her appearances in video games and other media are not proportionate to her actual comic books sales, which are abysmal. 

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

Another DUDerino for the MSheU. Their end is near. Papa Feige finally came out as the hack he is.

If creating the most successful franchise in history is a hack job then why can't anyone with "real talent" surpass Feige?

Getting "AOU is the peak of MCU" flashbacks from all this Marvel bashing.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

But the question is why MCU fans not watching this show? Bcz its a teen show? Or bcz main female lead is not connected to any male character? Bcz quality wise I don't think there should be any issue.

Teen show mainly, plus it really doesn't look interesting, less popular character and no starpower.

Looks like a Disney channel original more than a Marvel show.

• Like 2

Just now, grey ghost said:

If creating the most successful franchise in history is a hack job then why can't anyone with "real talent" surpass Feige?

Getting "AOU is the peak of MCU" flashbacks from all this Marvel bashing.

what “Marvel bashing”? Jesus Christ 

Ms Marvel is quite bad after the first two actually, most great critic reviews come from these early episodes. Recent episodes however are rushed, with no actual character growth, just Marvel lore dumps all over the place. The 6 episode format is hurting all MCU shows.

• Like 2