The Wild Eric

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

54 minutes ago, setna said:

700 + for TGM??
i really love it but it needs sub 15 % drop every week from now and i think it won´t get it

Needs about a 21% weekly drop, with a presumed IMAX/PLF re-release in August to add some extra. Previous 3 Sat/Sat were -19%, -23%, -21%, so that’s it’s level,  and release slate is pretty light for next 2 months.

Think it crosses that threshold, though maybe not by all that much 

• Like 3

If AMATW and Homecoming couldn't avoid 60% drops with better word of mouth and internal OW holds, I think Thor could end up falling closer to 65%. That number would barely get it over a $50m second weekend.

I think the fact that there's no other big tentpoles this sunmer should keep it from falling off too much, but it's also gonna largely depend on when they decide to put it on Disney Plus. (My money says they release it on the D+ Day on 9/8, same day they're releasing Pinocchio)

As long as $50m happens this coming weekend it should still make it to a $350m total, IMO.

• Like 2

It does feel like the holdovers are gonna really benefit from the fact that after August 5 the marketplace for the next month or so is going to be devoid of product outside of titles in the thriller/horror genres (all of which with the exception of Beast seem to be of the schlocky variety). It's pretty telling that IMAX is considering this the opportunity to bring vintage Spielberg classics to their screens for the first time over any of the new titles.

12 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

You aren't the first generation to have had active shooter drills.  In case you forgot, Columbine happened in the 90's.  

Want to talk about being a LGBT or trans kid or a POC kid back in the 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's?  It was a billion times tougher and you got the shit kicked out of you and mocked endlessly and called all sorts of horrible names.  In fact, you couldn't even come out in those days for fear of being completely ostracized from society.  Hell, they hadn't even allowed a same sex kiss on TV until Ellen had the stones to finally do it, and that was in the late 90's.  You think LGBTQ or POC kids have it tougher now in 2022 than before?  Go ask an older African-American how growing up black in the United States in the 60's and 70's was for them.

Perfect reply.

Phase 4... Hmm.

Movies - 

Thor Love and Thunder 

Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness

Spider-man No Way Home

Shang Chi Legend of the Ten Rings

Eternals

Black Widow

Series...

Loki

Ms Marvel (so far)

WandaVision

What If...?

Hawkeye

Falcon and Winter Soldier

Moon Knight

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

10 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Phase 4... Hmm.

Movies - 

Thor Love and Thunder 

Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness

Shang Chi Legend of the Ten Rings

Eternals

Black Widow

Series...

Loki

Ms Marvel (so far)

WandaVision

What If...?

Hawkeye

Falcon and Winter Soldier

Moon Knight

Shang-Chi

Ms Marvel (so far)

WandaVision

MOM

Eternals

NWH

Hawkeye

Black Widow

Loki

What If

FaTWS

I refuse to watch Moon Knight

• Like 1

For me the only competition is what's the worst Phase 4 project to date. Falcon & the Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Eternals, Moon Knight, and Love & Thunder would all make my bottom 10 of the entire MCU. 

• Like 1

I watched the Mandarin and wondered what the fuss was about, so the chances of me ever bothering with the mcu tv shows is pretty slim. I’m sure they’re fine but I don’t have the energy for 6-10 hours of ‘fine.’