19 || The Crummy Shindig

20 || Warmth

21 || Raven Island

22 || Someone's Grace

23 || The Next Good Day

24 || HOOOOOPs

25 || Ultraman: Dark Future

• Like 2

@Alpha @Blankments @cookie @El Squibbonator @Ethan Hunt @Ezen Baklattan @4815162342 @lamamama @MCKillswitch123 @Reddroast @Rorschach @Xillix @YM!

So normally I'd be offering pre-read films immediately after posting my completed Top 25 list; but recent events have caused me to contemplate whether or not I want to do that. The question that arose was, what happens when something happens and the player who picks a film to pre-read... Doesn't pre-read it? Whether due to not having time or something else? It happened with one film this game year, and it probably caused emotional strife on both ends; that's emotional strife that I want to avoid in the future! Plus, I was also thinking of the ethics of pre-read options... Like, I'm telling Top 5 placers, "hey, guess what, your prize is the opportunity to work for me!" Yeah, I don't think so. Something's iffy about that. And the last thing I want to do is take advantage of other players. Collaborate? Yes. Take advantage? No.

So here's the new thing I'm doing:

Slam! opens the treasure chest...

Spoiler

GOLD AND SILVER TOKENS

I'm going to do a token system! Both the gold and silver tokens do the same thing, and you can use either color token to have me pre-read one of your films, or you can use one to pre-read one of my films! You can cash them in either by tagging me in the Discussion Thread or by sending me a DM or Private Message!

Also, if you see a film I'm doing, and you want a certain actor to play a certain character, you can also use a token to make an actor play that character. I have the right to veto it in case someone tries to use the token to make John Goodman play Princess Aurora or something dumb like that, but if it makes sense, I'll be like, "ugh, fine, I'll do it."

All the tagged players from the top of this post get one silver token.

Also:

@4815162342 gets two gold tokens, one for getting 1st place, and another for making the Top 5.

@MCKillswitch123 gets two gold tokens for getting two films in the Top 5.

@YM! gets one gold token for getting Matilda in the Top 5.

Again, there's no difference between gold and silver, they do the same things, it's just that the gold is more special than the silver, idk. ALSO, I will of course be open to pre-reading or offering pre-reads even without players using their tokens (so if you don't have tokens or don't want to use one, don't sweat it). Without a token, I could do something; with a token, I should do something. That's the token dynamic.

*Slam! distributes tokens to everyone.*

So now that you have your tokens, the ball is entirely in your court with how you use them (or if you use them). I'm excited to see what happens with the tokens!

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 3

*Charles Remington puts cards on the table.*

Thanks, Mr. Remington! Time for another event!

:poker:PICK A CARD, ANY CARD:poker:

@4815162342 @MCKillswitch123 @YM!

Because you three had films in my Top 5, I want you to pick one of the cards below. The card you pick determines which of my Y10 films I make magazine announcements about first. Also, the three cards picked represent the only three films I can pick from when choosing which film to write an Oscar Trailer for! This is a suspenseful situation, so choose your card wisely!

CARD 1: TATSUNOKO CINEMATIC UNIVERSE FILM ONE

CARD 2: CRIME THRILLER

CARD 3: FANTASTICAL ACTION WESTERN

CARD 4: ORIGINAL ANIMATED FILM

CARD 5: SATIRICAL COMEDY

CARD 6: FAIRY TALE REIMAGINING

Edited by SLAM!

15 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

Because you three had films in my Top 5, I want you to pick one of the cards below. The card you pick determines which of my Y10 films I make magazine announcements about first. Also, the three cards picked represent the only three films I can pick from when choosing which film to write an Oscar Trailer for! This is a suspenseful situation, so choose your card wisely!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SLAM! said:

Card 3

• Like 1