Cap

MARVEL STUDIOS PRESENTS SAN DIEGO COMIC CON | THURSDAY: WWE PANEL | FRIDAY: LOTRs | SATURDAY: KEVIN | SUNDAY: BARGAINING SHOPPING | WE'RE BACK, BAY BEE.

cf668dc2-5fdc-4971-883a-8838290b140e_tex

cb9cb8c5-d7ba-4107-801b-33f22a960762_tex

cf668dc2-5fdc-4971-883a-8838290b140e_tex

cc9310ab-7d26-49d2-a563-6fe317814712_tex

OH MY GOD, WE'RE BACK AGAIN.

It's been three years, and it feels like the world's ended about seven times, and everyone might've jumped on the doom and gloom Bullet Train, but LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOO, cause San Diego Comic Con is happening.  LIVE.  MASKED.  AND IN PERSON.

cciathome2021-tile-exhibitors-500x300.jp article00_1064x.jpg

(We're all crazy and gonna die)

FULL SCHEDULE HERE

All times are PST/The section to be updated when I'm not crashed and burned after a day of cross country traveling.

Thursday (Highlights)

• WWE/Mattel Panel
  • D&D: Honor Amongst Thieves (12PM)

Friday (Highlights)

• Lord Of The Rings: Power of the Rings
  • Keanu Reeves
  • Directors on Directing

Saturday (Highlights)

• KEVIN
  • K
    E
    V
    I
    N
  • KEEEEEEEEEEVIN

Sunday (Highlights)

• What We Do In The Shadows

SNARK SNARK SNARK

I will in San Diego all weekend. (When I'm not thinking I'm too old for this shit, and doing edibles by the pool.)

This year will be really fascinating from inside the building.

Apple TV is showing up For All Mankind, Mystic Quest, and Severance (I can't find the times), but Netflix is skipping all together. 

WB will still have their Saturday panel, but they're NOT hosting a booth on the exhibit hall floor for EITHER WB **OR** DC Comics.  Which, frankly, is WILD. (Or them desperately trying to avoid talking about The Flash/Ezra).  I know WarnerMedia doesn't give a shit about their publishing department, but this would be the event to as least PRETEND to care.  I hope to GOD they bring Barbie to Hall H Saturday, or else it's gonna be like 2 hours of just Black Adam.  And with the CW dead in a ditch, the Saturday Ballroom 20 CW Power Block is just.. gone. 

Like I said, it's been a LONG three years.

Thankfully, we have Kevin.

Who knows if the man's in the mood to stunt this year; but with Black Panther coming up, and The Marvels next year, and all those Fantastic Four and X-Men and YOUNG AVENGERS to announce, we'll see if he phones it in cause the good stuff's going to D23, or if he just mic drops on the plebs before going back into his Burbank bunker.

(I just want Iman.  Girl DESERVES to get a Comic Con welcome.  DESERVES IT.)

I'm going to try to hit up all the stuff I think BOT would be interested in.  My schedule's super flexible this year (since SDCC hate me and put AEW and Marvel at the same time even though those are the ONLY two things I wanted to see.  We're about haul ass across a convention center to see my wrestlers.  I joke with my friend that I was gonna skip Marvel for Punk, and my friend ALMOST killed me.)

So if there's something special you're looking for, hit me up.  AND if you are HERE this weekend, let's hang. 

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Kevin Smith the big event 😮

I have been to Comic Con for a decade. I have been in Hall H on Saturday for a decade. In one day, I will actually stay for Kevin Smith panel. I always feel so bad, but even this year I can’t. 

I am thankful that he’s having the panel. It will allow me to get a bathroom pass, which will allow me to exit the hall faster so I can get over across the convention center to see AEW. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

All I want from WB is some announcement related to the next Superman movie, but I’m not holding my breath. 

Their panel is only an hour this year. I would except not a lot from them. Probably 15 minutes or so of Black Adam, MAYBE Batgirl if they can find a work around from the Flash, and then like I said, I am hoping for Barbie 

But an hour feels like nothing, considering they’re normally 2 1/2 hours. So there’s definitely stuff that they are holding back and/or not bringing. 

24 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Fun, excitement, that's how it all begins..... Then there's rushed plots, nonsensical writing, disappointing Endings.

Well, that can happen to any concept. Seemed like you were trying to specifically list lame ones.

20 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Big event presentation for Disney should be Wakanda forever.

Rumour is they are holding back the big stuff for D23.

All I want is Avengers 5 announcement, Avengers was the reason why I'd became MCU fan, without Avengers MCU will be worse than DCEU for me.

• Like 1

We should all be heavily tempering expectations for Marvel's Comic-Con panel. Corporations have been moving away from shared conventions to prioritize their own branded events. That Marvel is even allowed to participate in this at all is a miracle when Disney will no doubt want to go all in on D23 this year.

Personally I'm expecting them to strictly talk about their remaining slate for this year only. That likely means deep dives on Wakanda Forever and She-Hulk coupled with first looks at both Werewolf by Night (assuming Marvel doesn't just shadowdrop it in October) and the Guardians Holiday Special. Anything beyond that, like Ant-Man 3, The Marvels, and other hype announcements like the Fantastic Four cast? Most certainly being saved for D23 in September.

Marvel does also have a dedicated animation panel this year, but I think they'll go a lot looser there.

• Like 4

I think some are getting way ahead of themselves. The MCU Direct Twitter account is certainly shooting for everything with their predictions. It's crazy. I think everything is pointing to D23 being the priority. I think I've said in the Black Panther thread but this is what I'm expecting from Marvel at SDCC:

(Reminder that, compared to the 2019 panel, this year's panel is 30 minutes shorter. It's only 1 hour this year. The Animation panel is 1 hour and 30 minutes. Actually longer.)

1) Just to get it out of the way, I think that in the Animation panel, they will announce What If S2 to premiere this November, around the same time Hawkeye premiered last year. They will talk about XMen 97 and Marvel Zombies. But that's been officially revealed. Maybe they announce 1 new project. Or leave it to Disney+ Day. Whatever. 

2) She-Hulk. It seems like they will go big with it. It would be awesome to bring the cast to the fans. And I expect it. Show maybe a new teaser. Or a clip. 

3) Halloween Special. I think they will bring this. It's not even officially announced yet. It's crazy. So I expect a official announcement. The actual title reveal. Bring the cast on and officially announce them. Announce some interesting characters that will appear. Some footage in some way.

4) Black Panther WF. The big explosion. The world premiere of the Teaser Trailer. In other words, release to the public. They HAVE to bring the cast on stage. Official announcement of Namor and other cast members. 

5) Guardians Special. I think we will get something on this. I think James Gunn will come on stage. Maybe even something on GOTG Vol. 3, just maybe. Maybe show BTS footage of the Special. 

6) Ant-Man Quantumania. Maybe? Show some BTS footage. Maybe bring some of the cast on stage. 

7) Secret Invasion. I guess they would bring the cast on stage. Have the awesome Samuel Jackson there. Talk a bit more about the project. 

8) Leave with a big Blade like casting announcement. This is where I think they will announce the F4 casting. End it just like they ended the 2019 panel when they brought Blade and announced the casting. Maybe save the director announcement for D23? 

I will admit most of it I kinda copied from a reddit user, but I just agree so much with this that I had to take it.