Cap

MARVEL STUDIOS PRESENTS SAN DIEGO COMIC CON | THURSDAY: WWE PANEL | FRIDAY: LOTRs | SATURDAY: KEVIN | SUNDAY: BARGAINING SHOPPING | WE'RE BACK, BAY BEE.

13 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

That is still at least another half a decade away at best.

Then what will be the point of calling MCU a connected universe? Some D+ characters pop up in a movie that's the only connection that will remain. Then they should change its name from Marvel Cinematic Universe to Boring Cinematic Universe(BCU).

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I approve of @Cap's use of vintage Backstreet Boys in the opening post.

WE SAW THEM ON SUNDAY AND THEY WERE AMAZING AND SO FUN AND IF NOT FOR SDCC I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN TICKETS TO THEIR TWO OTHER SHOWS THIS WEEK!!! 😍😍😍

@Eric the Tethered

GENIUS. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Then what will be the point of calling MCU a connected universe? Some D+ characters pop up in a movie that's the only connection that will remain. Then they should change its name from Marvel Cinematic Universe to Boring Cinematic Universe(BCU).

Dude. You're doing way to much today. You have to chill boy with those awful takes. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, p a p i said:

Dude. You're doing way to much today. You have to chill boy with those awful takes. 

What awful takes? I'm interested in MCU bcz of Avengers/cross over movies, if there is no Avengers movie MCU will be boring for me. You can enjoy MCU without Avengers movies, I won't stop you.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

What awful takes? I'm interested in MCU bcz of Avengers/cross over movies, if there is no Avengers movie MCU will be boring for me. You can enjoy MCU without Avengers movies, I won't stop you.

Oh. Well. You gonna have to wait. That doesn't seem to be a priority right now. It will come eventually. 

https://deadline.com/2022/07/comic-con-2022-schedule-what-to-expect-marvel-the-rock-teen-wolf-1235072894/

Marvel shouldn’t disappoint with sneak peeks of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and the upcoming She-Hulk: Attorney at Law for Disney+. But it’s not expected to shower Hall H with an embarrassment of riches like it did in 2019; some sources believe Marvel is saving it all up for Disney’s fan convention D23 during the second weekend of September, specifically in regards to new projects. There’s still stuff we haven’t seen, specifically the Fantastic Four reboot, Mahershala Ali in The Blade, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (due May 5), The Marvels (July 28, 2023) and The Mutants. 

Shocked Patrick Stewart GIF

Don't expect anything beyond 2022, peeps. I'd normally feel vindicated for being right, but I'm disappointed my lukewarm prediction is coming to pass. This is Multiverse of Madness all over again.

Whenever I hear "they are saving <blank> for D23" I yawn. They never release whatever they show at D23 publicly. Maybe it will be different this year, maybe not. If anything juicy gets revealed at D23 that isn't expected to be on the slate for SDCC, I would expect Antman3, Secret Wars, and maybe Ironheart. Who knows what the plans are for GOTG3. Now we are hearing they will have something at SDCC for that along with BPWF.

Now, for announcements the sky's the limit. Blade, Fantastic Four, and Captain America 4 are the prime candidates for that. Just announcements though. Release dates mainly and maybe directors.. I don't see them being in any position to announce casting for F4. We already know the main stars for Blade and CA4.

Do they even have a director lined up for F4?

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It sounds like this will be a fairly uneventful Comic Con, outside of a new trailer for Black Panther. 

In an era of studios in both video games and scripted entertainment doing their own conventions/fan events, this was as good as it was ever going to get.

Re: The "Holding Things for D23" Thing -- 

That is **ALWAYS** the rumor.

I've been hearing they're going to hold "the good stuff back" for D23 since at least 2015.  That was the year they skipped altogether.  So since then every two years we go through this "will that come, won't they come" charade. While I completely understand the temptation to skip, I'm also wary of this.

From a Corporate POV I get it.  Money, Control, My Fiefdom, Etc, Etc, Etc,  They also have a full panel this year, which is new.  So that is something to factor in.  Cause it's either going to be 45minutes or 1hour of time to fill.

But

First, D23 and Comic Con are two VERY different events.

D23 is far more Disney/Classic Disney/Corporate Disney focused in both its presentation and its attendees.  There's folks who attend the Film Panels (that Star Wars and Marvel used to get rolled into) who have zero interest in Marvel, and don't want it there with their "Classic Disney Brand".  Remember how the big buzz was for The Lion King and Mary Poppins in recent years coming off D23?  It's just a different vibe. 

We'll see how this year goes because Star Wars and Marvel are getting their own panel, but in the past, eh.

The other thing is that with D23 being a semi-lotto system in the past, and now going to a full lotto, you're not going to get the same fever pitch in that room. 

Which leads back to SDCC --

Marvel Studios and SDCC have a very symbiotic relationship.  Baby Marvel showed up to SDCC with just RDJ and Stan for their first Iron Man panel, and it wasn't even the Marquee event.  Now it is.  It's almost like the size and explosion of SDCC in the 2010's ran parallel to Marvel's.

So they're going to want to continue their domination, and they're not going to want to get shown up.  I say this because when speaking with SDCC staff a couple years ago, we basically got confirmation that Marvel REFUSES to put their panel first on Saturday (despite the fact that would make everyone's life so so so so so much easy, because they always want to go LAST and steal the thunder/ride the hype wave out of the room.) 

The other thing about announcing things at Comic Con v D23 is the SDCC crowd is bonkers.  Most have been in line for at least 48 hours.  They're probably gotten into at least one fight over wristbands with the people around them.  Most are punch drunk.  There is a tangible buzz in that room, and they will scream and positive react to just about everything.

My favorite moment EVER is when Kevin in 2018 casually mentioned "Skrulls" and the roof went off the place.  

So if they're worried that there's been a lukewarm response to Phase 4, or people are getting cranky, or we're seeing the clicks in the armor, this would be the time to announce everything, have people go NUTS, and then put on the reports that everything is fine! Our fans still love this!  

Whereas with D23, they LITERALLY take your phones, so there's no bombard of fancams of people screaming cause Kevin is on stage.  

IDK.

I could be wrong.  It's a brave new world.  

And I also can't judge what people find disappointing or not disappointing.  I would not find Black Panther, She-Hulk, Holiday Special, The Marvels disappointing, with probably announcement of the F4 cast and a big screen with a bunch of titles on it.  D23 will probably gets the Loki S2 footage, more The Marvels footage, and I would announce any new Disney+ show there.

Cause remember, there's two phases to this.  There is ANNOUCEMENTS and there is FOOTAGE.  You can ANNOUNCE here, and not show footage until D23.

7 hours ago, p a p i said:

Isn't the WB panel only 1 hour? 

It's official that they will talk about Black Adam and Shazam. I wouldn't be surprised if they release the 1st teaser for Shazam. And to the public also. 

Yeah, I thought it was 2, cause it's normally 2 to 2.5 hours.  The hour this year is a first.

4 hours ago, The Panda said:

Plug in advertisement for the top 100 list due next Friday since this will be a big thread

Don't forget to put on Captain America: The Winter Soldier!!!

• Like 3