Cap

MARVEL STUDIOS PRESENTS SAN DIEGO COMIC CON | THURSDAY: WWE PANEL | FRIDAY: LOTRs | SATURDAY: KEVIN | SUNDAY: BARGAINING SHOPPING | WE'RE BACK, BAY BEE.

1 hour ago, Ronin46 said:

I think Dragon wins and I think it will be good. Don't think Rings will be much better than average.

As a long time Tolkien fan... I was a fan of the books since the mid 80's......I have always been skepitical about a LOTR spinoff.

A routine Sword and Sorcery series set in Middle Earth is still a routine Sword and Sorcery series.

At least with Dragon you have got the creator of that universe involved.

Irony is, of course, that a lot of the stuff being highlighted at Comic Con does not have much to do with Comics.

A lot of heavy duty Comic Book fans  don't have a high  opinion of Comic Con SD since it has been taken over by the big media companies. Some of the smaller Comic COnventions have a lot more to offer the comic book enthusiast then Comic COn nowdays.

• Like 1

Doubt anything with Superman comes up but I’d love to be wrong. Really looking forward to seeing Shazam stuff as I loved the first movie and hopefully a new trailer for Black Adam with more action. I also doubt they’ll be announcing anything new here but again I’d love to be wrong. 

I don’t wanna be too negative or anything here so I’ll just say I’m not really excited for anything Marvel will be showing or announcing but I’m hoping that changes with what they show here and at D23. 

• Like 1

I’ve long since given up on expecting Henry Cavill to come back, and I’ve made peace with that. I just want a concrete sign that we’re getting a new Superman movie, and Comic Con would be a great place to mention this. It’s absurd how WB has been dragging their feet with the character. By all means, reboot the character. We have three different Batman universes at this point, so surely we can have a new Superman. 

Knowing people that worked on Rings of Power I can't imagine it being good, but then again sometimes troubled productions do true out good to great and I hope I'm wrong as I'm a big Fantasy and big LotR film fan. 

House of Dragon looks good from the trailer but I'm skeptical on that as well although less than RoP as it is more of a gut feeling then anything I've heard about behind the scenes. 

So hopefully at least one of them turns out good but I would not be shocked if both disappoint. 

Between SDCC and D23, we will get a lot of MCU news/announcements about future content. With that being said, I have no expectation for what happens at which event. It seems that some "insiders" are saying SDCC will just be for the things already announced but Feige seems to have indicated we'd get more news than that. Only time will tell :ca:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, p a p i said:

When is the Dungeons & Dragons panel? 

tomrrow at 12PM est

meanwhile,

I don’t know who in the universe decided that I do not get to see CM punk live, but this is the third time there’s been a conflict of interest, and I’m starting to take it personal.

57C9A190-EF39-48E0-8CBD-A8B3677EE84F.jpeg

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, p a p i said:

How do we usually follow Comic Con? Is it like normal news from Twitter or the trades? 

Or is it something like CinemaCon where someone is the event in person and is live tweeting as he sees it? 

A combination of both. Livestreaming is prohibited per Comic-Con rules but livebloggers and the studios themselves can both post important updates and news as the respective panels go on.

• Thanks 1