Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

8 hours ago, setna said:

I think if it´s releaed in China A2 will be the first movie to reach 1 B in a single market, but it´ll do it twice, both domestic and China.
So id NWH did almost 2 B, i don´t see A2 doing less than 2.7 B...

China 600 max to me u know ccp and their shenanigans so combining with dom i c this hitting jw numbers ww and say 1b+ from rest os for a total ww around eg approx and maybe #2 movie ever since avatar will get infinite rerelease until it reach a milestone and beat gwtw adjusted for inflation so  disney fox can proclaim it as highest grossing movie ever 

2 hours ago, Doffy said:

China 600 max to me u know ccp and their shenanigans so combining with dom i c this hitting jw numbers ww and say 1b+ from rest os for a total ww around eg approx and maybe #2 movie ever since avatar will get infinite rerelease until it reach a milestone and beat gwtw adjusted for inflation so  disney fox can proclaim it as highest grossing movie ever 

Of course if chinese goverment wants to ruin it, will do it, but potentially in China could make 1B+ easily

12 hours ago, setna said:

Of course if chinese goverment wants to ruin it, will do it, but potentially in China could make 1B+ easily

It depends on covid, if they continue to put in lockdown 30 million people for just 12 cases etc I don't think it will make incredible numbers...

• Like 2

All, But one currency, is depreciating against the dollar. 

Wrecking Ball USD exchange rates will likely get worse than they are currently are. 

This is in direct contrast to 2009 where the exchange rates, for Avatar, were most favourable.

I wonder if European theatres will be able to financially survive by December. 

https://deadline.com/2022/09/avatar-rerelease-international-box-office-china-screening-1235124691/                   

Disney yesterday began overseas rollout on the remastered rerelease of James Cameron’s Avatar in five early markets with the Na’vi seeing a collective $877K gross. The 4K high dynamic range version was No. 1 in France at $513K, coming in 8% ahead of the comparable 3D rerelease of Titanic in 2012.

In Korea, the 20th Century Studios film was No. 3 behind two local titles (through Thursday, it’s taken in $277K). Elsewhere, Avatar came in No. 2 in Saudi Arabia and No. 1 in both Belgium and Philippines.

4 minutes ago, simoimo19 said:

https://deadline.com/2022/09/avatar-rerelease-international-box-office-china-screening-1235124691/                   

Disney yesterday began overseas rollout on the remastered rerelease of James Cameron’s Avatar in five early markets with the Na’vi seeing a collective $877K gross. The 4K high dynamic range version was No. 1 in France at $513K, coming in 8% ahead of the comparable 3D rerelease of Titanic in 2012.

In Korea, the 20th Century Studios film was No. 3 behind two local titles (through Thursday, it’s taken in $277K). Elsewhere, Avatar came in No. 2 in Saudi Arabia and No. 1 in both Belgium and Philippines.

With just under 40k admissions in France on opening day, that's an ATP of around €13.

I know it's opening day and I know this is a re-release which is focused on premium screens, but that's very, very high for France.

Avatar's ATP in France was around €8.30 and I had Avatar 2's ATP in France at €9.50 which is around 5-10% higher than other recent blockbusters, but I might need to up that significantly.

2 hours ago, Borobudur said:

How can Avatar be regarded as rerelease in Saudi Arabia? That country didn't have cinema back then in 2009. 

That's a new market that A2 is going to enjoy, but I bet most in Saudi Arabia has seen it one way or another. Maybe first theatrical experience, but still of an old movie.

12 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Italy first day of re-release: €346,815, and come out at top 1. 

that a good number?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Admits very high at 97K. Wonder if there is any discount day or something there.

Tickets were at 3.5 euros between the 18th and the 22nd in most theaters.

Not surprised it came out at #1, when I checked the theaters near me it was far ahead of everything else. I imagine it will win the weekend too.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1