Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

Just now, Bruce said:

I always said we need a re-release for Avatar 2 and let most people who want to watch it but afraid of watch it to see it

Yes, but a re-release just feels unlikely imho. There will be plenty of local releases dying to come out once covid's been dealt with. Govt will have no need for an A2 re-release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dark Alfred said:

China is opening up to the wolrd in the beginning of Jan, does that mean that A2 might have a better than expected legs/run?

What a magnificent idea, come here now that we have millions of people testing positive... More than anything else it's currently happening the exact opposite, if half of the Chinese people who take flights abroad are positive (as in the case of the airport of Milan) it's obvious that there will be some restrictions like tests or else

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

Because Avatar already catch NWH here at same time and NWH did 4.2m admits

It didn't. I don't know what your source is, but it didn't. I have seen this post in more few threads too. NWH was 2.26m at end of 2nd Weekend and added 276k in Weekdays. So, I don't get how Avatar can catch up with 2.15m, Also 2.15m is expected numbers including Thursday. 

7 minutes ago, Shanks said:

It didn't. I don't know what your source is, but it didn't. I have seen this post in more few threads too. NWH was 2.26m at end of 2nd Weekend and added 276k in Weekdays. So, I don't get how Avatar can catch up with 2.15m, Also 2.15m is expected numbers including Thursday. 

I think is doesn’t include thursday

Just now, Bruce said:

I think is doesn’t include thursday

Even if it doesn't, it hasn't crossed NWH. It's not like it will make 300k Admits on Thursday itself, will it? Anyway, Can I know the source? Or did you reverse the Amount of $6.3m to get those Admit Numbers?

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

Even if it doesn't, it hasn't crossed NWH. It's not like it will make 300k Admits on Thursday itself, will it? Anyway, Can I know the source? Or did you reverse the Amount of $6.3m to get those Admit Numbers?

You can search key word on Twitter,many offical account report

Avatar break HK$90m in 16 days,will beating TGM in Hongkong by the Sunday,Overall it will besting A:IW here become 3rd highest grosser in HongKong,Consider the OD only 4m ,that’s really impressive

And actually today’s number (3.3m) is not drop too much from OD

Edited by Bruce

Just now, stephanos13 said:

Do I want Wandering Earth to move because of Covid fears? NO

Do I want Avatar to get extended release? YES

So where do that leave us? 🙃 🤪

I mean - the way it's looking I doubt TWE2 will be able to make as much as it *should* on CNY with the ongoing covid crisis, but also chinese theaters are in need of getting titles to bridge them out of here. It's probably for the best if it doesn't move.

9 minutes ago, Jonan23 said:

Yeah, I enjoyed the Novella and would have been more interested if they had shown some of the events after Earth left the Solar System. 

Liu is the talented writer,I iust want to tell you in The original novel’s situation is like what happened of covid-loose situation in China now…he just predict the event

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

The "problem" with Avatar's run so far is that the movie sort of underperform in the giant market like both domestic and China for different reason, you can add Japan into the mix but to have the largest and the 2nd largest go against you will, you pretty much are screwed. 

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The "problem" with Avatar's run so far is that the movie sort of underperform in the giant market like both domestic and China for different reason, you can add Japan into the mix but to have the largest and the 2nd largest go against you will, you pretty much are screwed. 

can add 3rd biggest as well i.e. UK + Japan which is at times 3rd/4th.

continental europe performing best, with minimal drops from AVATAR 1.

Asia good, could have been better. LATAM same case as US.