Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

2 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Sorry, but both domestic and Overseas numbers are meh. Wom isn't strong to deliver mindblowing results.

Was expecting 68+ and 180+ 3rd weekend in domestic and OS. 

To do only 60+ and 150+ . bah. 700M+ Dom and 2B+ ww is dead. 

it did 186 this weekend OS...

On 12/31/2022 at 2:25 PM, Moses said:

There is no doubt that Avatar 2 is having a great run

I think the main problem is having huge huge expectations before release.

I remember after AEG success many people putting expectations over 3 billions.

I've putted my expectations over 3 billions a long time before AEG (probably somewhere in 2017) :P

Avatar is at $956.9m overseas. Next weekend should be also great (in many markets Friday is Holiday = longer weekend). $125m OS 4th weekend possible, with Mon-Thu this movie can be at over $1.17b (5th of all time) by the next Sunday. $1.55b OS is in play.

• Like 1

I also recognize was kind of pessimistic after 1st weekend, especially dom, but Cameron once more is proving that he has something special to connect with people around the world like anybody else.
i think even has more merit now than with Titanic or Avatar, cause its 13 years since it last movie and the guy is almost 70 years old.
Look where is Spielberg now, he has nothing close to a big success since 20 years ago and this Cameron is still attracting audiences from different ages and cultures. 
He really deserves to be the king of box office.

Edited by setna
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, setna said:

Thanks Bruce for your work here, this thread is really attractiv thanks to your updating numbers anytime.

you are welcome

I’m the thread creator,so update data is some kind of my obligation,I will do it constantly till the movie ending of screen

Edited by Bruce
  • Thanks 1