Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

1 minute ago, jma22 said:

Europe represents 46% of Avatar 2. I think .. yeah it's special place.

how do we make it so europe is considered the domestic market?

6 minutes ago, Bruce said:

90-100m next International Weekend doable

DOM maybe 30m

120-130m WW Fifth WE

80m Weekday(drop 50%)

200-210m WW fifth Week

WW 1890-1900m+ by next WE,close to NWH,beating it by follow Mon or Tues

Domestic, MLK Day is on Monday meaning Sunday will be another Saturday. 35M+ 5th weekend is on the table!

Just now, interiorgatordecorator said:

how do we make it so europe is considered the domestic market?

Avatar will be close run in NA and Europe. Expecting 750m both

When i said 46% of Avatar 2 , I mean 46% of OS numbers xd

4 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

I wouldn't ask if I knew.

I think it might. China makes a ton off an Avatar that makes moolah and this film gives escape from problems like no movie since Avatar1.  An extended release could Be the cards indeed brother bruce

5 hours ago, upriser7 said:

I am curios how this movie legs out in LATAM. It's the area where it has significantly underperformed NWH but it seems to have been picking up stream recently. It is now at 55% of NWH in both Brazil, Mexico..wonder where it's gonna finish 

Not to be disrespectful but many people from the region have told you that if you're looking at NWH from the beginning you're wrong because it was never going to pick up there and always would be "underperforming". It's already doing better than expected and anyone expecting it to break major records doesn't fully get the run its having.

Edited by Carlangonz

21 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Not to be disrespectful but many people from the region have told you that if you're looking at NWH from the beginning you're wrong because it was never going to pick up there and always would be "underperforming". It's already doing better than expected and anyone expecting it to break major records doesn't fully get the run its having.

I think about Avatar is already become the big franchise everywhere,don’t remeber this series only have 2 movie and 12 years old history with most of time no movie to keep the franchise’s internet hype

Avatar will become bigger and bigger in the future,we’ll probably see the biggest franchise in the movie history rise

5 hours ago, Bruce said:

Avatar smash NWH in Hongkong in 23 day of release, it’s gross 121m HK dollars and become 6th highest grossing film of all time

Let's see if Avatar 2 can break this record of No Way Home that made 100k HK$ during 18th Week around 131 days of release.

I heard Avatar 2 is leggy one, Let's see if it can leg it out.

Spider-Man: No Way Home SONY USA 15/12/2021 131 153,803 120,718,225

Edited by Shanks

Taiwan 1/6-1/8 (FSS) NT$ 38.7M (-56%) current total NT$549.6M

1/7 Sat was work day, making up for 1/2 New Year long weekend Monday. 

Right now, college winter break begins. Will be losing Imax screens to Slam Dunk from 1/13 (Fri). 

see if it can leg to catch up TGM (NT$ 734,6M)

Current all-time record holder here is original Avatar (NT$1.1B), which I think will never be broken (until ofc inflation and ticket price just rewrite everything) 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

update: $1.42B without China. China looks like $220M.

Insidekino.de gives for A1 9.5 M admits, you have 6.5, i don´t know which is correct but there is a big difference..