Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

6 hours ago, Bruce said:

Depends on Charlie’s OW number, Central America open with 2.6m but only 4.7m after 8th Jan? And Bolivia Open with just $542k and gross $3.7m till 8th Jan

There is not much problem really. It's all ATP difference nothing else. Mine ATP are lower and can be wrong. Some Countries that don't provide Gross - remain Guestimate until studio does. It's same case with Greece. If you look at Central America's Admit number they have 3x though of OW provided by Charlie.

Also, Bolivia generally 4x, 5x or 6x it's OW going into 4th or 5th Weekend , depending upon release time. ATP is also higher in Bolivia around 7.2-7.4$ for Avatar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

There is not much problem really. It's all ATP difference nothing else. Mine ATP are lower and can be wrong. Some Countries that don't provide Gross - remain Guestimate until studio does. It's same case with Greece. If you look at Central America's Admit number they have 3x though of OW provided by Charlie.

Also, Bolivia generally 4x, 5x or 6x it's OW going into 4th or 5th Weekend , depending upon release time. ATP is also higher in Bolivia around 7.2-7.4$ for Avatar.

So what’s your data come from?Comscore or your own work?It’s that reliable?

On 1/12/2023 at 6:56 PM, Shanks said:

image.png

Actuals Updated till 8th Jan, 2023 ~ I don't think I have missed any countries, hopefully.

*Only two countries are estimated number & One country can be wrong because they over-estimate gross.

**Thailand's Actual are higher but Disney never takes it, so left it with Bangkok Numbers provided by studio.

***Kosova, Luxemburg & Albania's gross are already included with Bigger Countries, so Omitted 'em.

After three bad years at the box office seeing Italy near a 40 million gross with the possibility of approaching 50 makes me quite surprised but also very happy

I must thank Cameron for doing another miracle, in my opinion not less impressive than more acclaimed ones in bigger markets

Edited by MG10
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

So it made 14.5 Wednesday OS?

Closing in on NWH now  and then Avatar 2 will smash the 2billion smackeroos brother Roarke. This is crazy and during a pandemic and messed  up bo era and facing storms and more.

Just Cameron as a filmmaker and the teams he puts together are  simply Outstanding!!

🦝🏋‍♀️👍

Happy James Cameron GIF by Avatar

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Japan Box Office

Comparing Totals

In 10-Days - 56.5% of Avatar [¥2.557B]

In 17-Days - 55.4% of Avatar [¥4.030B]

In 24-Days - 56.1% of Avatar [¥5.424B]

In 24-days, Avatar 2 - ¥3.045B (vs Avatar - ¥5.424B)

Seems it’s ok,when will Demon Slayer release?You said Avatar run is end by that

5 minutes ago, Bruce said:

So it’s already certain that DS will take all  IMAX screen?

The film was advertised as debuting with IMAX, so it will definitely get some, and Avatar won't exactly be pulling exceptional numbers in 3 weeks, so even with this being just a compilation/preview film, seems likely that theaters might give them all to DS instead to me.

• Like 1