Issac Newton

Weekend - 07/29-07/31 | Super Pets 23M

The budget is $89m which is lower than what was reported but higher than Minions, guessing a lot of that was star salaries. 

WAG has no films until 2024 when they'll release Toto which is a retelling of The Wizard of Oz from Toto's point of view. I do hope the new regime at WBD can perhaps move them away from films based on existing IP and more original ideas.

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The budget is $89m which is lower than what was reported but higher than Minions, guessing a lot of that was star salaries. 

WAG has no films until 2024 when they'll release Toto which is a retelling of The Wizard of Oz from Toto's point of view. I do hope the new regime at WBD can perhaps move them away from films based on existing IP and more original ideas.

I really hope WB can fix their animated films. Scoob was a disaster imo.

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

Yep. "Hey did you want to see the origins of the Mystery Gang? Nope, here is some superhero stuff, set up to a HB universe, and the gang seperated for most of the movie. No real mystery to be solved"

Edited by CrashBandicoot81

6 minutes ago, AJG said:

I get why they decided to mind their existing IP but I'd honestly prefer if they did original films that is rooted in the WB Animation mould. Storks and Smallfoot while not perfect were good and funny. 

3 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

2pm previews… just call it a Thursday opening already! 

It skews very young: even during summer, are that many parents really taking kindergartners to 9-10 PM Thursday previews? I don't think the early preview start time for Super-Pets is the same advantage that it is for movies that skew older. Barring a massive fan rush, the preview-to-OW multiplier for Super-Pets should be higher than a lot of other summer movies.

43 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

It skews very young: even during summer, are that many parents really taking kindergartners to 9-10 PM Thursday previews? I don't think the early preview start time for Super-Pets is the same advantage that it is for movies that skew older. Barring a massive fan rush, the preview-to-OW multiplier for Super-Pets should be higher than a lot of other summer movies.

But probably it has appeal upon some adult/mature DC fans and they went to the previews

Why does this get first dibs on Taylor's Version of 1989

@therock Clearly @imkevinhart has problems (being an as*hole) and I don’t think we can solve them 😂 Pumped to have TWO of my friend @Taylor Swift’s tracks in our #DCSuperPets! In theaters TONIGHT! #SwiftRock🎶#SevenBucksProd ♬ original sound - The Rock
Edited by WrathOfHan

37 minutes ago, Eric the Superdog said:

Because Dwayne and Taylor are besties.

The Jem and the Holograms movie from a while back has congratulatory messages to Jem from Alicia Keys, Jimmy Fallon, Chris Pratt and The Rock. None of those people filmed for the movie, they took footage from old interviews where they talked about the Jem cartoon, except The Rock, his message in that movie was a dub of him congratulating Taylor Swift for Bad Blood which they dubbed over to become Youngblood which is the name of Jem's hit song in the movie.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

There is no rush, 50m to go after this weekend and the whole of August with little to no competition and LD to come. Let's take it one celebration at the time and the savour the moments when it passes first JW, then Titanic and hopefully before LD Infinity War.

I suspect the Monday after Bullet Train when it falls below 1m.