Issac Newton

Weekend - 07/29-07/31 | Super Pets 23M

36 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The Jem and the Holograms movie from a while back has congratulatory messages to Jem from Alicia Keys, Jimmy Fallon, Chris Pratt and The Rock. None of those people filmed for the movie, they took footage from old interviews where they talked about the Jem cartoon, except The Rock, his message in that movie was a dub of him congratulating Taylor Swift for Bad Blood which they dubbed over to become Youngblood which is the name of Jem's hit song in the movie.

My favorite thing about it all is how they took a quote of Chris Pratt of him saying his childhood crush was Jem out of context and was reworked into this 36-year-old man dating a 17-year-old pop star. How Jon Chu and Jason Blum thought this was totally okay and not a stupid thing to add in the movie I will never know.

• Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Eric the Superdog said:

My favorite thing about it all is how they took a quote of Chris Pratt of him saying his childhood crush was Jem out of context and was reworked into this 36-year-old man dating a 17-year-old pop star. How Jon Chu and Jason Blum thought this was totally okay and not a stupid thing to add in the movie I will never know.

It's a movie where they used Google maps to show us transitions from one location to another and forgot to remove the Google maps logo from the corner. I don't think a lot of care went into the making of that movie.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Eduardo said:

Don't know why everyone here predicted SP below 30M.

Is doing much better than the bad guys wich open to a 24M

I mean it probably will still open below 30M. Summer movies have a much smaller IM compared to spring movies.

• Like 3

Finally got around to seeing Thor Love and Thunder today. It was such a bland, boring and uninteresting film. Portman was easily the highlight even though I had some serious questions about her hair. Thor was insufferable. Bale was one dull villain. Crowe needed more screen time. The cameos were nice, though. I miss Fat Thor.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Doffy said:

5.9m nope

3.9m thor

2.4m TG

EC posted Friday numbers on twitter 

Nope should get to about 19.3M (-56%). Not as strong as OUATIH, but still on the road to at least 120M. Probably 130M+.

Thor's going to about 13.4M (-40.6%) and Top Gun's got 8.45M (-18%). Always like weekends where there's good holds for everybody.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Feels useless to interpolate RT scores for children films but the 86% audience would mean like roughly B+ CS.. right?  

More like A-. Lightyear and Space Jam 2 had similar RT Aud scores at the same time IIRC. Even Paws of Fury with 66% got to A-.

• Like 1