EarlyDeadlinePredictions

The Sandman (2022) | Netflix |

Loved this, although I did feel like it peaked with the fantastic episodes 5 and 6 and then stalled a bit with the Rose Walker/Vortex stuff. Not that the back half was “bad” or anything, just that it felt a bit more formulaic than what had come before.

Episode 6 really was outstanding though, everything with Death was just excellent, and I liked how they contrasted it with Hob Gadling’s immortality. I’d even recommend that episode to people if they don’t like the rest of the show.

Fingers crossed Netflix renew it.

• Like 2

DC's most expensive show yet and it is already 2nd to Never Have I Ever😒 I feel like Netflix didn't have much faith in this with that late embargo.

As for the show itself, it's pretty neat and while I missed all the phantasmagoric visuals and vibes from the comics, they were some stories like 24 Hours which incredibly improved upon the source material, something I didn't think possible.

Boyd Holbrook and the actors playing Death and Desire are amazing. Tom Sturridge... eh, I thought he would work better since he was such a mind-blowingly perfect visual fit for the character but... he wasn't able to bring the menace of Morpheus alive. 

The actress playing Lyta Hall is soo gorgeous. Did they deliberately cast someone who resembles Gal Gadot?

I'm curious to see how they handle the anthology volumes like Dream Country and Fables & Reflections. Of course I have big doubts whether this show will continue in the first place. Don't get why this couldn't have been an HBO Max Original.

On 8/16/2022 at 5:00 PM, Spidey Freak said:

I'm curious to see how they handle the anthology volumes like Dream Country and Fables & Reflections.

On 8/19/2022 at 8:47 PM, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Lol looks like I got my answer pretty quickly. The anthology stories are perfect for these special episodes.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 5:09 AM, SnokesLegs said:

Loved this, although I did feel like it peaked with the fantastic episodes 5 and 6 and then stalled a bit with the Rose Walker/Vortex stuff. Not that the back half was “bad” or anything, just that it felt a bit more formulaic than what had come before.

Episode 6 really was outstanding though, everything with Death was just excellent, and I liked how they contrasted it with Hob Gadling’s immortality. I’d even recommend that episode to people if they don’t like the rest of the show.

Fingers crossed Netflix renew it.

Ep 6 was fantastic. have you seen the bonus 11th episode? it's probably my third favorite episode after 5 and 6.