SLAM!

Survivor: Pandora || a Box Office Survivor Experience || Predict Box Office Grosses and Vote Out Tribemates to be the Last One Standing || CLOSED

It's time for a

BRAND NEW SEASON

of

BOX OFFICE SURVIVOR!

On this seventh season

(which has thirteen weekly episodes),

eighteen players

will travel to the setting

of the biggest film of 2022!

WELCOME TO

SURVIVOR: PANDORA

Box Office Survivor is just like the popular television show Survivor where tribemates compete in challenges and vote out other players to be the last one standing. But with Box Office Survivor, there’s a fitting twist: challenges are entirely comprised of predicting box office grosses each week! Story-based skits starring the contestants (along with the game itself including all challenges and information) will be posted in the Box Office Survivor subforum on Box Office Theory.

If you're interested in playing this season, please fill out the Google Form below by September 5th at 11:59 PM EST. In the event that more than eighteen forum members sign up, I'll cast players who filled out the form:

https://forms.gle/Ut4ePUhUPuH2gWEW9

If you’re chosen, I’ll send you an invitation via forum PM; but please keep your place in the cast a secret to make the premiere more fun!

Episode #1 of Survivor: Pandora appears in the Box Office Survivor subforum on Sunday, September 18th!

Get those applications in, and good luck! If you have questions about this game, don’t hesitate to ask!

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

It's been about a week since applications have been open, but only four players have applied so far! If your interested in playing Survivor, please fill out the form! Again, you'll just be predicting box office, so the gameplay shouldn't be too intensive!

https://forms.gle/HJpCNKM7yNCJNLBY8

Time for another tag fest!

@Cap @ZeeSoh @Flip @The Dark Alfred @Torontofan @John Rambo @TheDarkKnightOfSteel @MCKillswitch123 @M37 @Viper @LonePirate @abra @MrFanaticGuy34 @WayneBorg @chasmmi @Factcheck @Issac Newton @Alexdube @Psylocke @RexTheMan14 @Lion Roar @ViktorLosAngeles @AJG @Cappoedameron @lor15 @nerves @reddevil19 @Abhinav v @Orestes @John Marston @Purple Minion @Blipsy @MrPink @B J @nelmsey @catlover @Boxofficerules @belblazer @AN9815 @Brainbug @MrPink @lorddemaxus @romeross @RobrtmanAStarWarsReference @Sandro Mazzola @BoxOfficeFangrl @PhilipJ2001 @kayumanggi @Xavier @abracadabra1998 @Elessar @3jp @Moses

Edited by SLAM!

@21C@35MM-18@3jp@4815162342@75Live@8wombi7@A Star is Orm@abra@abracadabra1998@AdrianL@Alex SciChannel@Alexdube@Amadeus@Anduin@AndyK@AndyLL@AnotherDayAnotherDollar@A Marvel Fanboy@A Star is Orm@a2k@aabattery@Agafin@AJG@ando@AN9815@Arlborn@ACSlater@andersonhoran@AnDr3s@Andreas@AniNate@Aristis@Ash Skywalker@Asyulus@Avatree@BadOlCatSylvester@Barnack@ban1o@belblazer@BestPicturePlutoNash@Blipsy@Blaze Heatnix@bleachella@BoxOfficeFangrl@Box Office Hit@Boxofficerules@BoxOfficeZ@baumer@BeastByTheBay@Biggestgeekever@Bigscrubnus@Brandon Gray@Borf the Borf@Bordlove@Borobudur@Bruce@BruiseCruise@B J@bcf26@BourneFan #1@Black Hawk@Black Panther@Blackout@Brainbug@Caboose@Carlangonz@cannastop@CaptNathanBrittles@catlover@Caesar@Caylu@cdsacken@Cedarpoint1111@cedec0@CJohn@Chaz@Cheddar Please@ChipDerby@cheesypoofs@Claudio@Coldbird@Coneilg93@Claire of Themyscira@Cmasterclay@cmbbox2390@Cap@Captain Craig@Cappoedameron@CrashBandicoot81@cruelintentionsisgoated@Cruel Summer@cookie@CoolioD1@CoolK@cax16@ChD@Catty@Chewy@cdsacken@DAJK@Dandeak2000@Danhjpn@DAR@darkelf@Darth Lehnsherr@Daxtreme@datpepper@Dbui8743@DC Rich@ddddeeee@DeeCee@Deep Wang@Deja23@DlAMONDZ@Doffy@Dominic Draper@Dragoncaine@druv10@Djsoke@DlAMONDZ@DMan7@DoctorWho@Dragon@dudalb@Durden@#ED@EarlyDeadlinePredictions@ecstasy@Eevin@efialtes76@El Gato@el sid@El Squibbonator@Elessar@elcaballero@ElsaRoc@Empire@Eric the Lion@Essem@Ethan Edwards@Ethan Hunt@european1992@excel1@exomassey@expensiveho@Ezen Baklattan@fabiopazzo2@Factcheck@Fancyarcher@FantasticBeasts@filmlover@filmnerdjamie@FilmFincher@Finnick@Firepower@Fielding@Flamengo81@fmpro@franfar@Fullbuster@Galactic Specter@Gamora@Gavin Feng@George Parr@Grebacio@Giesi@Goffe@Godzilla@Gokai Red@Goldenhour36@Gopher@GOXOG@Grebacio@grey ghost@grim22@Hades@harrisonisdead@Hatebox@Heretic@HeyMast@HesAPooka@Hilpkioy@HouseOfTheSun@Horner@hw64@IcarusReborn@IceFire9yt@IdahoJacket@iHeartJames@imbruglia@In XXR We Trust@Inceptionzq@Infernus@infamous5445@interiorgatordecorator@Ipickthiswhiterose@IronJimbo@Issac Newton@Ithil@Jack Nevada@Jake Gittes@Jake Lockley@James@Jamiem@Jandrew@Jason@Jay Beezy@Jayhawk the Hutt@jedijake@Jeight@jb007@JB33@Jiffy@Jim Shorts@JJ-8@jking123@Joel M@John Marston@john2000@John2015@johnfalkon@Johnny Tran@JonahVex@John Rambo@Julian1410@Juby@JustLurking@JWR@K1stpierre@Kalo@katnisscinnaplex@kayumanggi@kitik@KJsooner@Krissykins@Keanu@Knights of Ren@KP1025@krla@Kvikk Lunsj@lab276@Last Man Standing@Ledmonkey96@LegendaryBen@Legion By Night@LeoC@Lestranger@Liiviig 1998@lilmac@Lion Roar@ListenHunnyUrOver@LinksterAC@LonePirate@longleo90@lorddemaxus@lor15@Lothar@Lucas@LPLC@LVB@M37@m3racer123@Macleod@Madhuvan@MadGoose@Maggie@Mango@Mankatha@Manny G@Marek the Jedi@marveldcfox@MCKillswitch123@Marcos12@Mau@Mekanos@Menor Reborn@MG10@Michael Gary Scott@mikeymichael@MikeQ@Minnale101@misafeco@mmacader@Mojoguy@Momori@Moses@Morieris@MovieMan89@motionpic05@MOVIEGUY@Movie nerd@Movies4Life@MrGlass2@MrGamer@MrFanaticGuy34@MrPink@Mr Terrific@Ms Lady Hawk@Mulder@MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie@NamakFiskKa@Napoleon@narniadis@NCsoft@nerves@Nero@nevermore@newbie BO buff@nghtvsn@nguyenkhoi282@nick64@Nikostar@Noctis@Noiret Jak@noknobs@Noodlebug@Notthereverseflash24@Nova@Nublar7@Ohana@Olive@Omario@oMeriMombatti@Omni@OncomingStorm93@Orestes@Ozymandias@parkerthegreat@PanaMovie@PDC1987@peludo@PenguinHyphy@pepsa@PhilipJ2001@picores@Pinacolada@Plain Old Tele@PlatnumRoyce@PKMLover@PNF2187@Porthos@porginchina@Potiki@poweranimals@Purple Minion@Pypa94@Quigley@RamblinRed@raulbalarezo@RealLyre@Rebeccas@reddevil19@Reddroast@redfirebird2008@RexTheMan14@RichWS@ringedmortality@RJ 95@RobrtmanAStarWarsReference@RobinHood26@Ronin46@romeross@Rorschach@Royce@RRA@RthMav@rukaio101@Ryan Reynolds@Ryaner90@Samwise the Brave@Sandro Mazzola@Saul Goodman@Sam@ScareLol@SchumacherFTW@scoobysaurus@setna@Seto Kaiba@seduh7@Seth Irskens@sfran43@Shanks@Shawn@Sheikh@Simionski@Sindreee@Sir Tiki@Skim Beeble@SLAM!@snitch@snarkmachine@SnokesLegs@solaris@SoSaysI@Sophie@SpiderByte@Spidey Freak@Starphanluke@Steele131@stephanos13@Stewart@Sue Denim@TalismanRing@Talkie@Taruseth@tawasal@TerwillikerInst@terrestrial@TestPattern@That One Guy@ThatWaluigiDude@TheDarkKnightOfSteel@The Dark Alfred@The Dark Rock@The Fast and the Furiosa@The Horror of Lucas Films@The GOAT@The Panda@The Stingray@TheDude391@ThePhasmid@Thomas Beck@ThomasNicole@THUNDER BIRD@TigerPaw@TiagoRodrigues@Tinalera@titanic2187@TLK@TMP@Tokugennumataka@Torontofan@Tower@TwoMisfits@Valonqar@vale9001@Vanilla@VanillaSkies@vc2002@ViewerAnon@ViktorLosAngeles@Wadey Wilsoney@Walt Disney@Warhorse@watcher1232@water@Water Bottle@WayneBorg@Webslinger@WeThrones@WeneedtotalkaboutKevin@wildphantom@WittyUsername@Wonder89@WorkingonaName@Wormow@Wrath@WrathOfHan@Xavier@Xillix@xieh tie@XO21@Yandereprime101189@YLF@YM!@YSLDC@ZackM@Zakiyyah6@ZeeSoh@Zeiden16

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Morieris said:

I get predicting Thurday #s, but what are we predicting on Tuesday (Or is that the voting people off portion of Survivor I've heard so much about)?

Hi! So you would only have to predict on Tuesday if you’re going to Tribal Council; that’s if your team loses a challenge. Sometimes you’ll predict Tuesday grosses, and other times you’ll predict Tuesday Per Theater Averages (PTA); I might mix and match!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Morieris said:

I get predicting Thurday #s, but what are we predicting on Tuesday (Or is that the voting people off portion of Survivor I've heard so much about)?

The rough format of the game is

- People are divided into teams and everyone predicts weekend grosses (say for the top 10 movies that weekend) on the Thursday before the weekend. Players can consult and strategize with their team mates. 

- Everyone’s score is calculated in percentage form and the team with the highest average score wins whereas the team with the lowest average score goes into elimination (called Tribal Council). 

- Players on the team that is in elimination will get a chance to secure immunity and avoid elimination by winning the elimination challenge.

- The elimination challenge is usually predicting Tuesday grosses or something similar. Only players on the losing team need to do the Tuesday predicting. Players on other teams do not need to do so. 

- Players from the losing team vote to eliminate one member of the team. Person with most votes against them is eliminated unless that person has won immunity in which case person with 2nd most votes get eliminated. This way one person is eliminated every week. 

- The highest scorer in each team and all members on the winning team gets tokens every week (which are accumulated). These tokens can be used in multiple ways to boost your own score or reduce someone else’s score, get teo votes on the Tribal Council and much more. This makes for some very interesting and strategic gameplay. 

- There are many twists that come along the way (double elimination, head on clashes, merging or reshuffling of teams, etc). Plus the write up’s of the story and dialogue by the show runners (Slam! And Cap last time) is always amazing and fun to read. 

The game is like the derby game where you predict grosses every week but far more fun and interesting. Plus it does not take much time (even easier if you already play the derby). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Agafin said:

I'm in. BTW maybe this is a language problem, but I wasn't sure what to answer to the question of how long I.ve been here. I joined BOT in 2015. Does that count as "a couple of years" or "a long time ago"?

That’s kind of open to personal interpretation, but I also joined in 2015 and I would answer “long time.”

Survivor Pandora: Breaking News

- The amount of applications has reached 10 players, which is great! But please keep sending those applications in!

- If the application total comes short of 18, I think that the minimum amount of players I can design this Survivor season around would be 15 players. Conversely, there's also a maximum amount of players the season could handle, which would be between 18 and 22.  So if the amount of applications is between is no more than 22, I'll just include every applicant. But be advised that the more players I have in the game, the more crazy multi elimination twists will be featured in the season. The reason is because the game's first round is the Avatar re-release weekend and its last round is the Avatar 2 weekend, yielding thirteen weeks of Survivor gameplay.

- I'm toying with the idea of extending the application deadline one week to September 12th instead of September 5th. But if you're interested in playing this season, please make your application as soon as possible anyways!

• Like 1

Survivor Pandora: Breaking News

I've thought about it and made a decision about extending the deadline. I will extend the deadline, but in this way:

September 5th is the Early Bird Deadline. Because of the meager amount of players applying (I've reached 13 as of now), I've decided that everyone who submits an application by the original September 5th deadline will be guaranteed to be on the cast this season. But if applications blow past 21 before this deadline then I'll do a first-come-first-serve deal and cast the first 21 applicants, with additional applicants being alternate stand-by players that could be added to the cast in case one of the other players drops out.

September 12th is the Late Deadline. Players who apply between the 6th and the 12th might be on the season. If the Early Bird crowd undershoots my desired goal of 18-21 applicants, then the Early Bird crowd is in the season no matter what, and if Sept. 12th causes the total amount of applicants to be 22 or more then I'll pick the last spots between Late Deadline applicants.

- Also, I'm rescinding my "don't reveal that you're on the season rule," but don't try to pregame with the knowledge of who's on the cast (if you come across that knowledge) because that ruins the fun of Survivor.

- So if you've submitted an application, congrats on making it onto the cast! I will be sending you an official invitation via PM soon.

@21C@35MM-18@3jp@4815162342@75Live@8wombi7@A Star is Orm@abra@abracadabra1998@AdrianL@Alex SciChannel@Alexdube@Amadeus@Anduin@AndyK@AndyLL@AnotherDayAnotherDollar@A Marvel Fanboy@A Star is Orm@a2k@aabattery@Agafin@AJG@ando@AN9815@Arlborn@ACSlater@andersonhoran@AnDr3s@Andreas@AniNate@Aristis@Ash Skywalker@Asyulus@Avatree@BadOlCatSylvester@Barnack@ban1o@belblazer@BestPicturePlutoNash@Blipsy@Blaze Heatnix@bleachella@BoxOfficeFangrl@Box Office Hit@Boxofficerules@BoxOfficeZ@baumer@BeastByTheBay@Biggestgeekever@Bigscrubnus@Brandon Gray@Borf the Borf@Bordlove@Borobudur@Bruce@BruiseCruise@B J@bcf26@BourneFan #1@Black Hawk@Black Panther@Blackout@Brainbug@Caboose@Carlangonz@cannastop@CaptNathanBrittles@catlover@Caesar@Caylu@cdsacken@Cedarpoint1111@cedec0@CJohn@Chaz@Cheddar Please@ChipDerby@cheesypoofs@Claudio@Coldbird@Coneilg93@Claire of Themyscira@Cmasterclay@cmbbox2390@Cap@Captain Craig@Cappoedameron@CrashBandicoot81@cruelintentionsisgoated@Cruel Summer@cookie@CoolioD1@CoolK@cax16@ChD@Catty@Chewy@cdsacken@DAJK@Dandeak2000@Danhjpn@DAR@darkelf@Darth Lehnsherr@Daxtreme@datpepper@Dbui8743@DC Rich@ddddeeee@DeeCee@Deep Wang@Deja23@DlAMONDZ@Doffy@Dominic Draper@Dragoncaine@druv10@Djsoke@DlAMONDZ@DMan7@DoctorWho@Dragon@dudalb@Durden@#ED@EarlyDeadlinePredictions@ecstasy@Eevin@efialtes76@El Gato@el sid@El Squibbonator@Elessar@elcaballero@ElsaRoc@Empire@Eric the Lion@Essem@Ethan Edwards@Ethan Hunt@european1992@excel1@exomassey@expensiveho@Ezen Baklattan@fabiopazzo2@Factcheck@Fancyarcher@FantasticBeasts@filmlover@filmnerdjamie@FilmFincher@Finnick@Firepower@Fielding@Flamengo81@fmpro@franfar@Fullbuster@Galactic Specter@Gamora@Gavin Feng@George Parr@Grebacio@Giesi@Goffe@Godzilla@Gokai Red@Goldenhour36@Gopher@GOXOG@Grebacio@grey ghost@grim22@Hades@harrisonisdead@Hatebox@Heretic@HeyMast@HesAPooka@Hilpkioy@HouseOfTheSun@Horner@hw64@IcarusReborn@IceFire9yt@IdahoJacket@iHeartJames@imbruglia@In XXR We Trust@Inceptionzq@Infernus@infamous5445@interiorgatordecorator@Ipickthiswhiterose@IronJimbo@Issac Newton@Ithil@Jack Nevada@Jake Gittes@Jake Lockley@James@Jamiem@Jandrew@Jason@Jay Beezy@Jayhawk the Hutt@jedijake@Jeight@jb007@JB33@Jiffy@Jim Shorts@JJ-8@jking123@Joel M@John Marston@john2000@John2015@johnfalkon@Johnny Tran@JonahVex@John Rambo@Julian1410@Juby@JustLurking@JWR@K1stpierre@Kalo@katnisscinnaplex@kayumanggi@kitik@KJsooner@Krissykins@Keanu@Knights of Ren@KP1025@krla@Kvikk Lunsj@lab276@Last Man Standing@Ledmonkey96@LegendaryBen@Legion By Night@LeoC@Lestranger@Liiviig 1998@lilmac@Lion Roar@ListenHunnyUrOver@LinksterAC@LonePirate@longleo90@lorddemaxus@lor15@Lothar@Lucas@LPLC@LVB@M37@m3racer123@Macleod@Madhuvan@MadGoose@Maggie@Mango@Mankatha@Manny G@Marek the Jedi@marveldcfox@MCKillswitch123@Marcos12@Mau@Mekanos@Menor Reborn@MG10@Michael Gary Scott@mikeymichael@MikeQ@Minnale101@misafeco@mmacader@Mojoguy@Momori@Moses@Morieris@MovieMan89@motionpic05@MOVIEGUY@Movie nerd@Movies4Life@MrGlass2@MrGamer@MrFanaticGuy34@MrPink@Mr Terrific@Ms Lady Hawk@Mulder@MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie@NamakFiskKa@Napoleon@narniadis@NCsoft@nerves@Nero@nevermore@newbie BO buff@nghtvsn@nguyenkhoi282@nick64@Nikostar@Noctis@Noiret Jak@noknobs@Noodlebug@Notthereverseflash24@Nova@Nublar7@Ohana@Olive@Omario@oMeriMombatti@Omni@OncomingStorm93@Orestes@Ozymandias@parkerthegreat@PanaMovie@PDC1987@peludo@PenguinHyphy@pepsa@PhilipJ2001@picores@Pinacolada@Plain Old Tele@PlatnumRoyce@PKMLover@PNF2187@Porthos@porginchina@Potiki@poweranimals@Purple Minion@Pypa94@Quigley@RamblinRed@raulbalarezo@RealLyre@Rebeccas@reddevil19@Reddroast@redfirebird2008@RexTheMan14@RichWS@ringedmortality@RJ 95@RobrtmanAStarWarsReference@RobinHood26@Ronin46@romeross@Rorschach@Royce@RRA@RthMav@rukaio101@Ryan Reynolds@Ryaner90@Samwise the Brave@Sandro Mazzola@Saul Goodman@Sam@ScareLol@SchumacherFTW@scoobysaurus@setna@Seto Kaiba@seduh7@Seth Irskens@sfran43@Shanks@Shawn@Sheikh@Simionski@Sindreee@Sir Tiki@Skim Beeble@SLAM!@snitch@snarkmachine@SnokesLegs@solaris@SoSaysI@Sophie@SpiderByte@Spidey Freak@Starphanluke@Steele131@stephanos13@Stewart@Sue Denim@TalismanRing@Talkie@Taruseth@tawasal@TerwillikerInst@terrestrial@TestPattern@That One Guy@ThatWaluigiDude@TheDarkKnightOfSteel@The Dark Alfred@The Dark Rock@The Fast and the Furiosa@The Horror of Lucas Films@The GOAT@The Panda@The Stingray@TheDude391@ThePhasmid@Thomas Beck@ThomasNicole@THUNDER BIRD@TigerPaw@TiagoRodrigues@Tinalera@titanic2187@TLK@TMP@Tokugennumataka@Torontofan@Tower@TwoMisfits@Valonqar@vale9001@Vanilla@VanillaSkies@vc2002@ViewerAnon@ViktorLosAngeles@Wadey Wilsoney@Walt Disney@Warhorse@watcher1232@water@Water Bottle@WayneBorg@Webslinger@WeThrones@WeneedtotalkaboutKevin@wildphantom@WittyUsername@Wonder89@WorkingonaName@Wormow@Wrath@WrathOfHan@Xavier@Xillix@xieh tie@XO21@Yandereprime101189@YLF@YM!@YSLDC@ZackM@Zakiyyah6@ZeeSoh@Zeiden16

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SLAM! said:

LOL. I'm not filling out a form asking me what my pronouns are. Especially since one of the options is "they/them".

Why don't you ask me what my adjectives are instead? I only accept intelligent and handsome, thank you very much...

• Knock It Off 1