The Wild Eric

The Fall Guy | May 3, 2024 | Universal | Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt | Based off the 80s TV show

It feels like Peak BO Theory that we and I include myself , are dooming a movie that is still 2 weeks away just because it is not doing super well in Presales for previews. If any movie is made for Walkups and late buys it is this one. I mean how many people feel like they have to get tickets for this early and go ASAP. I mean I am really looking forward to it but I have no tickets yet because it is still 2 weeks away and I will go on the weekend either saturday or Sunday depending on my family or friends who want to see it and when they prefer to go. Yeah this movie may underwhelm at the BO and just not break through but let's wait and see before we determine that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I really want this to do well in theaters because it looks fun, but man, unless it's an event film, it doesn't really seem like the general audience wants to go to the theater for "fun" films.

Yeah the fact we are at a point where a mainstream movie fun movie like this with such strong reviews and buzz and so much of the GA is like eh we are not sure we want to spend the money and take the chance. Going to keep hoping for a late surge of ticket sales and strong Walkups and WOM to carry it.

I just saw this movie on saturday. I hadn't have this much fun in a cinema in ages. It may be my second favorite movie of the year (behind Dune Part 2).

OW may not be huge, but the legs of this thing are gonna be wild. At least, I hope that's the case because Fall Guy deserves it.

Btw, stay for the credits for this one.

• Like 5

On 4/22/2024 at 10:56 AM, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I really want this to do well in theaters because it looks fun, but man, unless it's an event film, it doesn't really seem like the general audience wants to go to the theater for "fun" films.

why should thy when they have a wide choice of "fun" films on streaming that willl cost a lot less?

I really think a film has to sell itself as a event or be really, really, good to be a big hit nowdays.

The the huge drop in theater aatendence due to streaming is here to stay. Things are not going back to the way they were before 2020.

Edited by dudalb

21 minutes ago, dudalb said:

why should thy when they have a wide choice of "fun" films on streaming that willl cost a lot less?

I really think a film has to sell itself as a event or be really, really, good to be a big hit nowdays.

The the huge drop in theater aatendence due to streaming is here to stay. Things are not going back to the way they were before 2020.

Well in the case of this movie the reviews are really strong not just a eh it's okay decent fun . So why shouldn't they go see it in a theater.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Maggie said:

THE FLOP GUY

I mean are we really gonna do this with this movie. it's not like it's some mediocre movie that should have been just dumped on Netflix. Look at it's reviews compared to those. 

25 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

I mean are we really gonna do this with this movie. it's not like it's some mediocre movie that should have been just dumped on Netflix. Look at it's reviews compared to those. 

Lighten up a little. It's just a joke...don't take it so seriously. It's just a bit of fun

Edited by Maggie