charlie Jatinder

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero International Thread

7 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

$18.5M JPN / $50.7M OS / $69.2M WW

Internationally, Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero grossed an estimated $4.2 million this weekend from 34 international markets. The current global total for Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero, not including the film's earlier performance in Japan, stands at $50.7 million

From Deadline Hollywood

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (SNY/CRU): $4.2M intl weekend (34 markets); $19.9M intl cume ($38.4M incl Japan via Toei)/$69.2M global

41 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (SNY/CRU): $4.3M intl weekend (42 markets); $26.1M intl cume; $60.6M global (all figures exclude Japan)

adding $18.5M Japan — $79.1M WW

The same worldwide figure but the overseas gross is different again.

That would mean that it was at $34.5 million in US....which is actually what BOM has the movie at as of Saturday but only because its missing off the Thursday gross.

Ok I see what they've done. It must really be the $25.7 million figure.

5 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Broly was a one-night event

Damn what a stupid idea, I complained about the few theathers in Italy and the only two weeks of screening, but in Germany they did much worse

I'm more than sure that If the various countries of the world hadn't treated Broly like a simple average anime movie it probably would have made over 200M WW

Edited by MG10

I'm a bit confused here. So Comscore has the movie at 

US - $34.86 million

OS without Japan - $25.74 million

Global without Japan - $60.6 million

But then on Screendaily they have credited to Comscore

OS - $42.3 million

Global - $76.1 million

I'm not sure how the later is meant to be correct there despite BOM having a similar OS gross. That would mean US would stand at $33.8 million which it isn't.

It would also mean it was at $16.56 million in Japan which again it isn't. So why is that so different?

Any proper update?

Box Office Mojo is now saying $44.1 million overseas. Though Screendaily updated it gross as of last Sunday to have it at $43.8 million.

It wouldn't have made $300,000 in a week. BOMs figure is up $1.9 million from what it said last week, I could see that.

"Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero stands at $66.6m worldwide, with $39.8m hailing from Crunchyroll-distributed markets and $26.8m via Sony’s apparatus. Weekend business generated $2.8m including $1.9m from 44 markets and $900,000 from North America. Coming up are South Korea on September 14, Italy on September 29, and France on October 5."

So with Japan it should be at $85.1 million worldwide.

• Like 1