Eric Atreides

D23 Expo 2022 Discussion Thread | Friday Schedule (all times PST): Marvel/Lucasfilm/20th (10-12), Disney Branded Television (4-5:45) | Disney Adults Unite!

BTW, Jordan Maison is now 100% hinting something:

Thrawn casting announcement?  Something Thrawn related for Ahsoka?  That's my immediate Wild Leap to Conclusion at least. 

Mind, if this was something solid, he'd be reporting it on Cinelinx instead of softing on Twitter.  Unless he was wary of burning a source and is playing coy/plausible deniability.

Or maybe it is just something to do with Diana Lee Inosanto's character, Morgan Elsbeth.  But since she is connected to Thrawn in some fashion, it's not hard for me to go "hmmmmm", especially since we are overdue for an official casting announcement for that character.

Edited by Porthos

Alright... FINE, I guess I'll be the one to rip off the god damn bandage:

pvk1hpn5crm91.png?width=958&auto=webp&s=

Taken from Puck News, via SW Leaks

1000% un-surprising.  Kathleen Kennedy all but said no films coming out in 2023 in that VF piece back in May, and that was all but confirmed with the Radio Silence at Celebration.

===

Editorial Time.

You know what?

Good.

Get your ducks in a row.  COMPLETELY IN A ROW, ignore all of the outside noise and braying  and just get something good ready whenever it will be ready.  Thank god they aren't rushing to try to reach some stupid artificial deadline.  Smartest damn thing they've done in a while.

It would be great if they had something ready by next year.  They clearly don't.  So the next best thing is leave them in the ovens until they are ready.

END Editorial by Resident SW Shill and Apologist.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Alright... FINE, I guess I'll be the one to rip off the god damn bandage:

pvk1hpn5crm91.png?width=958&auto=webp&s=

Taken from Puck News, via SW Leaks

1000% un-surprising.  Kathleen Kennedy all but said no films coming out in 2023 in that VF piece back in May, and that was all but confirmed with the Radio Silence at Celebration.

===

Editorial Time.

You know what?

Good.

Get your ducks in a row.  COMPLETELY IN A ROW, ignore all of the outside noise and braying  and just get something good ready whenever it will be ready.  Thank god they aren't rushing to try to reach some stupid artificial deadline.  Smartest damn thing they've done in a while.

It would be great if they had something ready by next year.  They clearly don't.  So the next best thing is leave them in the ovens until they are ready.

END Editorial by Resident SW Shill and Apologist.

Is this legit?

46 minutes ago, JWR said:

Is this legit?

Well, it's not officially from Lucasfilm, but it is from Matt Belloni, formerly of THR. 

Some of his scoopage on SW has turned out to be... let's say "overly pessimistic"*,  particularly in regards to Rogue Squadron.  But I tend to think he's heard LFL's plans when it comes to a three day window from now, so I wouldn't bet against him.

* Yes, that actually is possible.

More to the point, it passes the smell test.  There hasn't been any whispers of casting calls or sets being set aside in the near future for any movie shoots.

And while KK could mention plans for a movie being shot in 2023 for release in '24 or '25... I'd rather only hear about it as casting searches are under way and location sites booked up.

Edited by Porthos

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Things keep falling in place for Avatar 3's release in December 2023

No fucking way VFX houses, especially in this day and age, manage to get that out by then. And that movie is pretty much all VFX. I bet Disney puts their new Snow White remake there.

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Star Wars is a cheap TV franchise now. Fuck this world and fuck Chapek. Obi-Wan should have been a movie.

You have Solo and The Rise of Skywalker to thank for that. I actually think shifting Star Wars to TV is a very smart move, because after the bitter taste Episode IX left in people's mouths it's way too soon for another big screen venture. Had Rouge Squadron been made it'd probably crawl to half a billion worldwide at best. Let the brand chill with Disney+ for the rest of the decade. Rebuild audience confidence in the brand. Then try another movie.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, YM! said:

Guessing it’s either the Purl director or the Kitbull director doing this one, as both have projects in development.

Probably Lester (Purl) given timelines. Unless Fee’s movie was canceled that is Spring 2024. If we judge by timelines, Lester might be the best chance if it’s the summer 2024. From articles, it implies that Lester got a feature around late 2019 to early 2020, while Sullivan and Corbin got their projects in late 2020, early 2021 and Fee has been working on his for a while so that’s Spring. IO2 would likely have been developed around the same time in late 2019 to early 2020.

Edited by YM!

4 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

No fucking way VFX houses, especially in this day and age, manage to get that out by then. And that movie is pretty much all VFX. I bet Disney puts their new Snow White remake there.

All filming has already been done for Avatar 3, so they would start on VFX as soon as Avatar 2 is finished.

Also Jim original planned and still wants a 2023 release. He said it was important Avatar 2 & 3 were released 1 year apart, and Avatar 4&5 released 1 year apart.

Then Disney buys Fox and decides they got to screw over Avatar in favour of Star Wars (which they actually own)