YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Biggest animated movie of all time! We aren’t Pixover but Pixulling Back!

10 hours ago, Block-Busted said:

So based on everything that you guys know so far, what are your RottenTomatoes rating and average score predictions?

91%, 7.8

10 hours ago, Block-Busted said:

So based on everything that you guys know so far, what are your RottenTomatoes rating and average score predictions?

75%, 6.5

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, cannastop said:

OK what precedent does that follow lol. Only Cars 2 drops off that hard on rotten tomatoes.

Was always feeling MU/Lightyear reviews as those where in the mid 70s on RT felt about right for it.

9 minutes ago, YM! said:

Was always feeling MU/Lightyear reviews as those where in the mid 70s on RT felt about right for it.

Hmm I guess Monsters University got a little more mid reviews than I remembered.

They were confident enough to show off the first half hour at CinemaCon rather than just a teaser or new trailer. I know WB showed off the entirety of The Flash last year but I doubt this will be a repeat of that.

I’d be slightly surprised if it falls below 85%, and I’d be surprised if it drops below 80%. Elemental and Lightyear are the lowest Pixar scores in years and even they landed in the mid 70s, and Elemental had great audience reception.

3 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

They were confident enough to show off the first half hour at CinemaCon rather than just a teaser or new trailer.

They always do that. Elemental and Lightyear did the same thing I'm pretty sure. 

3 minutes ago, AniNate said:

They always do that. Elemental and Lightyear did the same thing I'm pretty sure. 

After Cannes went poorly for Elemental and Dial of Destiny last year and CinemaCon did nothing for Lightyear and Elemental, I would’ve imagined they’d pull back. Lightyear had 30 minutes of footage and they scaled back Elemental’s to 20 last year.

1 hour ago, Speedorito said:

Monsters University has an 80%, not mid 70s.

I remembered it was like 77-78% for a minute. Guessing a few more reviews over the year bumped it up, but yeah that’s the range I’m thinking.

Critics pretty much agreed that Dory was inferior to Nemo but is still good on its own and got 94%. It was post-Inside Out release tho that proved Pixar still got it. Dinosaur had delays/issues critics knew about

The Lightyear->Elemental run + news about Pixar sequels and the "no autobiographical" thingy on Film Twitter could factor in some of the reviews. Thinking high-80s to low-90s

54 minutes ago, icebearraven said:

Critics pretty much agreed that Dory was inferior to Nemo but is still good on its own and got 94%. It was post-Inside Out release tho that proved Pixar still got it. Dinosaur had delays/issues critics knew about

The Lightyear->Elemental run + news about Pixar sequels and the "no autobiographical" thingy on Film Twitter could factor in some of the reviews. Thinking high-80s to low-90s

I don't think that will be THAT big of a factor.

Also, even an Onward-level reception (88% with 7.2/10 average) wouldn't be so bad since that's... basically your average Pixar film.

• Like 1