YM!

Wish | Walt Disney Animation Studios | November 22, 2023 | Chris Pine plays a baddie DILF, new trailer has dropped, reactions are reactions

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

now surely we have learned from the Diddy Kong Racing CD shaped like Diddy's head in the 90s and this actually plays in a CD player.

Or they made it knowing 90% of people no longer have CD players and will buy it anyway.

Seems like the cds are normal and all the ones with star on them are vinyls. Those shouldn't have any issue w being played.

Ofc there is quite a market now for vinyls with no actual vinyl player as well.

33 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised that Pasek and Paul haven't been given a WDAS film yet. 

Another option for Disney if they were interested is Marlow and Moss who are the creatives behind Six. 

Yeah P+P would be logical given their propensity towards GA appealing catchy pop-broadway music. If not for Encanto, TGS would still be the last big musical soundtrack breakout 

14 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Who said there was a debate? I'm undeniably in a miniscule minority on that subject but that doesn't mean I can't still be baffled by it, much like you are self-described to be baffled by the success of Frozen.

I mean I’m not baffled by the success of Frozen, I just think it’s overrated. I have said many times though that the first film had the least direct comp run of any big budget film this side of the century, it released during the perfect time of year for its theme, and had a hit soundtrack. What’s there to be baffled about? 

5 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

IMO, WDAS has not made a great movie since 2016.

Everything since then has ranged from OK (Encanto, Raya) to bad (Frozen 2, Ralph 2, Strange World).

Big big disagree on Encanto, but otherwise I kinda feel this. I like RBI and Raya on first viewing, but they don’t really hold up well to the other Revival films. F2 very much felt like the sequel they were forced to make and SW was a clear signal the Revival era was over. 

Look, I don't have much interest in relitigating Bruno or Frozen, I was just venting my feelings on it and didn't expect anyone to agree with me. Would prefer to keep this topic about Wish which is why even with my drive-by shading I try to steer it back to that.

1 hour ago, Bob Train said:

Everything since then has ranged from OK (Encanto, Raya) to bad (Frozen 2, Ralph 2, Strange World).

Damn I didn't realize there was a whole two year gap between Moana and Ralph 2. You just listed all the WDAS movies since then lol.

4 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Funny how opinions go, having watched Frozen 1 and 2 a zillion times (having kids in the house will do that to you), I’ve always felt Frozen 2 is just better and more watchable, it’s just that the first one has a catchier soundtrack.

I also love Encanto, thought Raya and Strange World were decent, and really like Ralph 2, but that might just be for personal reasons I suppose, the first one being the first movie I’ve ever watched at the movie theater with my eldest child.

5 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Funny how opinions go, having watched Frozen 1 and 2 a zillion times (having kids in the house will do that to you), I’ve always felt Frozen 2 is just better and more watchable, it’s just that the first one has a catchier soundtrack.

I also love Encanto, thought Raya and Strange World were decent, and really like Ralph 2, but that might just be for personal reasons I suppose, the first one being the first movie I’ve ever watched at the movie theater with my eldest child.

I really liked Raya when I saw it but I don't really want to see it again. Did watch Encanto multiple times in theaters. I was high on it then.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Raya is a bit of a strange case where the pieces feel like they’re all there and it should be a WDAS great, but it’s kinda not 

Raya is a film where it all just feels too easy and convenient for the sort of big scale conflict it's trying to portray. It's a decently fun time but the whole just ends up lacking impact.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Raya is a bit of a strange case where the pieces feel like they’re all there and it should be a WDAS great, but it’s kinda not 

Not to derail (that much) - Someone handed them the ball and they dropped it after the first like 30 minutes. I'm a proponent for remote work, but knowing they had to flesh out the story remotely explains a lot about the story and pacing.

Also, let's be honest,  despite doing a very good job with it, they gave Kelly Marie Tran that role after not supporting her during the ruckus of Last Jedi. She deserved a better movie than Raya.

• Like 1