YM!

Wish | Walt Disney Animation Studios | November 22, 2023 | Chris Pine plays a baddie DILF, new trailer has dropped, reactions are reactions

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Did some of y’all really just learn nothing from those enthusiastic Marvels social reactions? These things mean nothing. Maybe it will be well received, but it won’t be because social reactions indicate such if so. 

I haven't been following Marvels reactions, but most of these tweets have been coming from RT critics, and there has yet to be even a meh reaction based on what I've seen.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I haven't been following Marvels reactions, but most of these tweets have been coming from RT critics, and there has yet to be even a meh reaction based on what I've seen.

I would be cautious with social reactions is all I’m saying. There were a flood of “no really guys, this movie is bringing MCU back” type of Marvels reactions right before the embargo lifted. 

4 hours ago, Grebacio said:

I'm seriously starting to think this could be WDAS fifth highest grossing film ever, only behind both Frozens, Zootopia and The Lion King 

I wouldn’t go that far…yet.

Frozen literally had zero competion until February. Zootopia just resonated to kids and adults alike with its political and relevant theme whereas The Lion King is just a once in a lifetime phenomenon.

This has Wonka and Migration pulling the family audience by December, plus Trolls is also there. But this definitely looks primed to succeed, hopefully.

21 minutes ago, Dingdong said:

Frozen literally had zero competion until February. Zootopia just resonated to kids and adults alike with its political and relevant theme whereas The Lion King is just a once in a lifetime phenomenon.

This has Wonka and Migration pulling the family audience by December, plus Trolls is also there. But this definitely looks primed to succeed, hopefully.

Trolls didn't get great reviews and it's not like it's a Shrek or KFP.

6 minutes ago, AniNate said:

FYC screening happening today

This is the big test as we’ll likely get more reactions tonight. It also seems to be for the press critics as isn’t that dude from Variety. If reactions are good tonight and indicate good reviews, feel confident in 200m for Wish.

Edited by YM!

8 hours ago, Dingdong said:

Which one is the fifth rn? Big hero 6? 

3 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I guess the English language screening was embargoed last night but there've been French reactions this morning, consensus is great songs and characters, unoriginal story

I feel like that's kinda the point. Like going back to basic story wise. Hopefully it gets great reviews and does well.

I just hope this movie does 500M WW. 550M+ would be great. Wish has the advantage of having a great marketing campaign with the trading card game on tiktok that is making the songs viral and it has increased awareness. At least people stop calling Asha a copy of Isabella.