YM!

Wish | Walt Disney Animation Studios | November 22, 2023 | Chris Pine plays a baddie DILF, new trailer has dropped, reactions are reactions

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

This is going to be the highest grossing Disney Animation since Moana by a long shot. Looks great, classic Disney, families will eat this up over the holidays.

I suppose you mean highest grossing original Disney Animation. No way it can outgrows Frozen 2

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DAJK said:

This is going to be the highest grossing Disney Animation since Moana by a long shot. Looks great, classic Disney, families will eat this up over the holidays.

Over Frozen 2?!

I don’t know what to think of it so far. Cautious optimism, I guess? Not a huge fan of the animation (it looks Disney Junior caliber, as others have said) or the self-aware/meta humor, but it looks safe/basic enough that the GA might get into it for the classic Disney nostalgia feel.

Edited by Ladybug

I gotta concede about the animation. It could just be the artstyle, but something about it feels... stiff. Like the budget had been slashed somewhere along the line.

DeBose's singing is lovely, tho

Saw the trailer to this during my early screening of Guardians(they only played 5 disney trailers :-)  ) and this looked generic to me. I am not feeling either Elemental or this one as a breakout movie. Why cant they fast track Zootopia 2. I would like to be more optimistic about Inside Out 2 as I loved the 1st one but its not Docter who is directing it :-(

21 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Why cant they fast track Zootopia 2

Because the team that's' on that movie most likely just got done with Encanto in 2021...

I think fast tracking Zootopia 2 might lead to it coming out in 2024 Thanksgiving.

• Like 1