YM!

Wish | Walt Disney Animation Studios | November 22, 2023 | Chris Pine plays a baddie DILF, new trailer has dropped, reactions are reactions

9 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Cinemascope is an interesting choice, since it is considered a obsolete wide screen process andhas been for some time. . Disney swtiched to other prosesses after "SLeeping Beauty".

Edited by dudalb

Yeah, screw it, I'm hyped for this. This looks very Disney in the best possible way, and it already seems to have a stronger backing behind it than Strange World. Especially with Elemental's recovery I think families are willing to make Disney animated movies a theatrical event again.

• Like 1

The only scenario where I could see this getting delayed is if they need some of the cast to record any new dialogue. If that's the case, this (and any animated feature that needs additional recording from SAG members) couldn't release until the strike ends. That's probably not the case, but some of these animated films make a lot of changes during the last year of production.

3 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

The only scenario where I could see this getting delayed is if they need some of the cast to record any new dialogue. If that's the case, this (and any animated feature that needs additional recording from SAG members) couldn't release until the strike ends. That's probably not the case, but some of these animated films make a lot of changes during the last year of production.

Ostensibly the reason is that they'd want to utilize the star cast for press.

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Ostensibly the reason is that they'd want to utilize the star cast for press.

Yeah that's true. I can't remember the last time the cast press tour moved the needle much for one of these films though. The only big name here is Pine (DeBose may have an Oscar but I don't think the GA knows who she is).