SLAM!

SURVIVOR PANDORA Episode Two: "Bros Before Rows"

@Agafin @AN9815 @Cap @DAJK @The Dark Alfred @Eric Smiley @Ethan Hunt @Fancyarcher @Gokai Red @Goldenhour36 @M37 @Morieris @NannerManCan @Reddroast @YM! @ZeeSoh

Eight kayaks wait at a starting line—the top of a long, winding river! In each kayak sits a pair of Na’vi Avatars. It’s our survivors, and they’re gearing up for a kayak race!

The camera sweeps across the lanes (as per usual in sporting events) to reveal the Survivors. (First player in front, second player in back.)

LANE 1: Cap and NannerManCan

LANE 2: Goldenhour36 and Ethan Hunt

LANE 3: Gokai Red and DAJK

LANE 4: M37 and Eric Smiley

LANE 5: Reddroast and YM!

LANE 6: ZeeSoh and Agafin

LANE 7: Morieris and The Dark Alfred

LANE 8: AN9815 and Fancyarcher

SLAM!: Today’s challenge is a treacherous kayak race! Each duo will paddle down this river, and your scores will be evaluated by how fast you reach the finish line! There’s multiple paths to the mouth of this river—but be advised, some paths are more difficult than others! Are you ready?

AN9815: Born ready!

Gokai Red: Let’s do this!

Ethan Hunt: (cracks knuckles)

The Dark Alfred: Yeah, we’re gonna wreck this river, man!

SLAM!: Three… two… one… GO!

The racers splash away with inspiring vigor… Well, all except for Eric Smiley and M37.

SLAM!: Huh? What’s going on?

M37: Uh… We seem to have lost our oars, SLAM!.

(Zoom in on Eric Smiley, who smiles.)

We get a flashback of Eric Smiley stealing the oars and throwing them deep into the jungle!

Confessional – Eric Smiley: No oars? That’s because I disposed of the oars while no one was looking! Now the score goes down, we go to tribal council, and I can vote Ethan Hunt out of this game. With that shrewd swindler gone, the Weeping Willows tribe will be mine—all mine!

Cut back to SLAM!, who takes some notes.

SLAM!: Welp. With your duo out of the race, you’ll have to hope your tribe’s three duos can outrace the other tribe’s four duos. Since you’re not racing, it also means you’re ineligible to earn concession stand coins for this challenge even if the Weeping Willows win.

M37 hangs his head in sadness.

Confessional – M37: This is a hurricane and a half… I really wanted to race today because I have pretty good forearm strength. Hopefully the other Weeping Willows can be Winning Willows…

Meanwhile, the racers begin journeying down different tributaries. ZeeSoh and Agafin paddle down one tributary, when ZeeSoh, seeing that they’re alone, asks Agafin a question.

ZeeSoh: You know Morieris, the new Angry Arnold?

Agafin: Yeah.

ZeeSoh: I, uh… I think I might have a crush on her.

Agafin: Uh-huh.

ZeeSoh: I think it’s personality, you know. She has this radiant vibe, and I think I’m drawn to it.

Agafin: That’s nice.

ZeeSoh: Do you think she’d like me back by any chance?

Agafin: Well, I think anything’s possible…

ZeeSoh: This game demands a lot, so one hand, love can be a distraction…

Agafin: Up ahead…

ZeeSoh: But I shouldn’t just focus on the game, I should also focus on being happy.

Agafin: Up ahead.

ZeeSoh: Because you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

Agafin: UP AHEAD!

ZeeSoh sees a big rock right in front of the kayak. ZeeSoh and Agafin swerve out of the way, only to discover that their river is littered with giant rocks.

ZeeSoh: Shoot! Let’s stay in focus mode!

Agafin: Alive, awake, alert, alive, awake, alert…

Meanwhile, Cap and NannerManCan row down another river.

Cap: Dang, Nanner. You’re a natural at canoeing!

NannerManCan: You know what they say: if you can drive a forklift, you can row a kayak!

Just then, a Cheep-Cheep (from the Mario video games) jump out and lands on the kayak, right in front of Cap!

Cap: Goodness me!

NannerManCan: That’s… a Cheep-Cheep, like from the Mario games!

Cap: Fish are disgusting, like with the scales, and slimy textures, and… Blegh!

Cap shoves the Cheep-Cheep off with her oar. Up ahead, more Cheep-Cheeps start jumping out of the water, obstructing their path down the river!

Cap: More fish! This is a nightmare!

NannerManCan: Paddle around them!

Cap and NannerManCan dodge the fish…

Meanwhile, Reddroast speeds down a chute with the help of YM!’s instructions.

YM!: Paddle right.

Reddroast paddles past a bulge in the river.

YM!: Stay with the current.

Reddroast veers toward the current.

YM!: Straighten us out, and we’ll head through the gate!

Reddroast does so and glides past two obstacles.

Reddroast: Thanks, YM! You have great management skills!

Confessional – YM!: You might be thinking, who would take the back of the canoe? Well, I took it. I wanted to see what’s ahead of us from a distance so I could help Reddroast anticipate what to do. That, and there’s some social gains from letting Reddroast “lead the way,” so to speak.

Confessional – Reddroast: Remind me to go white water rafting when I’m back on Earth. I don’t know about YM!, but I for one am having a blast!

Meanwhile, Goldenhour36 and Ethan Hunt travel down a river. They picked an easy river to maneuver, so they have an opportunity to talk…

Goldenhour36: Hey Ethan. In that helicopter thing, you tried to stop me from befriending Agafin. Why? What gives?

Ethan Hunt: I’ll tell you why. In Survivor, there’s no such thing as friends. It’s ‘eat’ or ‘be eaten.’

Goldenhour36: Sure it’s a game, but I believe in friendship!

Ethan Hunt: Hey, how do you like your eggs?

Goldenhour36: What?

Ethan Hunt: You like them sunny side up?

Goldenhour36: Well, yeah… Hey, wait a minute!

Ethan Hunt laughs.

Goldenhour36: You know what, I’m making friends with all our tribemates to prove you wrong!

Ethan Hunt: Well, in that case, you should start with Eric Smiley.

Goldenhour36: Maybe I will! Hmph!

Ethan Hunt smirks at the camera.

Confessional – Ethan Hunt: Of course, I mentioned Eric because if Golden befriends him, I could eventually get information about Eric out of him. That way, I can stay one step ahead of Eric, pin some sort of blame on Golden, and come out clean. All in all, this season remains easy!

Meanwhile, AN9815 come across a fork in their path. One leads to a rough and narrow (but passable) river, and the other leads to a dark cavern.

Fancyarcher: Take the cavern path.

AN9815: What? But it looks dangerous.

Fancyarcher: You heard Morieris talk about her run-in with a Thanator, right? I’m not taking any chances with predators.

AN9815: But… We don’t exactly know what’s in that cavern.

Fancyarcher: I don’t care what’s in the cavern. I just know that whatever’s in there can’t be worse than what’s out here.

AN9815: Welp. Alrighty!

They paddle into the cavern, but… Oh no. A giant eel starts following them.

AN9815: A giant eel! Hurry!

They paddle away from the eel, and the eel keeps chasing them. They go further into the cavern, where the river gets faster, there’s rockier obstacles, and the darkness makes it harder to see.

Fancyarcher: I’m beginning to think we should have taken the other route!

AN9815: And what’s more, all this water’s probably softening the cave wall, which means…

Rock break off from the ceiling and fall down to the river.

AN9815: I see the exit! Keep rowing!

Fancyarcher: Not the head, not the head!

Meanwhile, Gokai Red and DAJK are also in some action, as they’re going down a fast chute!

DAJK: Why’d we take this path again?!

Gokai Red: This is the extreme path, for extreme kayakers! I wouldn’t take no for an answer!

DAJK: We have to avoid the rocks or we’ll crash into them!

Gokai Red: Don’t worry, I’m the master avoider!

They avoid the rocks. But there’s a bigger obstacle ahead.

DAJK: Uh… Why’s the river getting faster?

Gokai Red: You see what’s up ahead, right?

DAJK: Oh, I see, uh, OH, um, OH MY GOSH.

It’s a waterfall! A high one, too!

DAJK: This is karma for whatever I did last season! I’m sorry, YM! Aah, someone help me!

They sail over the waterfall!

Gokai Red: EXTREEEEEEEEEME!

The kayak falls through a foggy cloud…

Meanwhile, Morieris and The Dark Alfred paddle down a chute. The Dark Alfred’s zoned out.

Morieris: What’s gotten into you, Alfred? I need your help!

The Dark Alfred: Nah, I’m just chillin’.

Morieris: Less chilling, more paddling buddy! What, are you high or something?

The Dark Alfred: Eh heh heh heh.

Morieris: Great, Alfred. Just great.

Up ahead, the path ahead is entirely blocked off by rocks, ensuring an imminent crash!

Morieris: I don’t think there’s a way around those rocks, Alfred!

The Dark Alfred: Groovy… Eh heh heh…

Morieris: Aah! We’re gonna crash!

Just then, something rustles in the bushes. Morieris peers over to the jungle. All of a sudden, Minions in tribal outfits jump out of the bushes!

Morieris: Look, Alfred! It’s Kevin, Stuart, and Bob from the Minions movies! Hi you guys!

The Minions immediately get to work in cartoon-like fashion, chiseling away at the rocks until the path’s cleared up. They wave goodbye and retreat into the bushes.

Morieris: See, I befriended those guys during my banishment! Hey, TELL GRU I SAID HELLO! Yeah Alfred, those guys are great. I made Thanksgiving plans with them and everything.

The Dark Alfred: Woah… Best… Trip… Ever…

Meanwhile, SLAM!, Eric Smiley, and M37 all stand on a floating dock at the river’s mouth, waiting to see who crosses the finish line first.

Slam! looks through a pair of binoculars and gasps at the sight!

SLAM!: Our first finishers have arrived!

It's Cap and NannerManCan, who have channeled their adrenaline from the Cheep-Cheep onslaught by sprinting to the finish!

Cap: Did we get away from those fish yet?

NannerManCan: Oh shoot, there's some behind us.

Cap: Aaaaaaaah! (paddles harder)

Confessional - NannerManCan: Between you and me, those fish were long gone. I was just giving Cap a boost for that last leg.

They cross the finish line.

SLAM!: Wow! They're followed by DAJK/Gokai Red and Ethan Hunt/Goldenhour36 respectively!

The Weeping Willows's other duos cross the finish line too. The Weeping Willows jump up and down on the floating dock in celebration.

SLAM!: And here come the Angry Arnolds!

ZeeSoh/Agafin cross first, followed by Fancyarcher/AN9815 and YM!/Reddroast. Morieris/The Dark Alfred row in—though they dropped their oars in the river, Morieris has fallen asleep at the front, and The Dark Alfred is using his hands to steer the kayak from the backseat.

SLAM!: Here's the weekend prediction scores!

THE WEEPING WILLOWS

Spoiler

Cap and NannerManCan: 75.08%

DAJK and Gokai Red: 73.45%

Ethan Hunt and Goldenhour36: 72.64%

[M37 and Eric Smiley both did not submit.]

AVERAGE: 73.72%

THE ANGRY ARNOLDS

Spoiler

ZeeSoh and Agafin: 71.97%

(^ you both earn tribal immunity ^)

Fancyarcher and AN9815: 70.67%

YM! and Reddroast: 70.45%

The Dark Alfred and Morieris: 58.86%

AVERAGE: 67.99%

SLAM!: Since the three Weeping Willows pairs not only had the higher average but also managed to out predict all of the Angry Arnolds duos, I'm declaring that The Weeping Willows have won immunity for the week!

But—M37 and Eric Smiley, since you did not predict this week, you won't be receiving concession stand coins, and I must stress that players are eliminated by default the second time they miss weekend immunity predictions.

For the Angry Arnolds, you'll be going to tribal council, where one of you will be voted out. Yes, just one of you, even though this is duos week. The duos still play a factor in the tribal council, however, and I explain more about it in the dossier! Speaking of which:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION DOSSIER

(concession stand info/tribal council info/next weekend challenge)

Spoiler

CONCESSION STAND

The Concession Stand is officially open for business!

Every week, a subset of items will be on sale. Buy a quick boost now, or wait for something better down the road!

Blue Raspberry Icee - 3 Coins (Gives your weekend predictions a boost of 3%; this can also be used on another tribemate of your choice.)

Cactus Icee - 3 Coins (Decrease a specific player's prediction average by 3%.)

Rewards Program Membership Card - 5 Coins (Grants you eligibility for the Rewards Program—One Time Purchase)

- rewards program info comes after next tribal council

Popcorn Bucket - 6 Coins (Doubles your vote at tribal council.)

now added to the concession stand (10/05/22):

Sour Patch Kids - 8 Coins (reduce all of a specific group of player’s individual predictions averages by 0.5%.)

Message me to buy any item you want, any time to want to buy it. To tell me that you're using an item you've bought, message me by the corresponding prediction deadline of the weekend challenge or tribal council you'll be using it for!

TRIBAL COUNCIL - Angry Arnolds ONLY

Sorry Angry Arnolds, but you will be sent to Tribal Council. All team members must send me a message with who they wish to vote off the planet. However, there is hope. The second immunity challenge is also listed below. Winning the challenge will make you immune from elimination for this week.

SECOND IMMUNITY: PREDICT THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY GROSSES OF...

Bullet Train

Bros

Minions: The Rise of Gru

Top Gun: Maverick

*BROS PAIRING TRIBAL TWIST: PLEASE READ*

This week, when you send me your vote to eliminate, your vote will be for one of the pairs.

Second immunity is still a thing of course: the duo with the highest duo average wins second immunity.

The two players in the duo with the most votes against them go into a sudden death scenario. In this scenario, the player with the lowest individual average score is the one that ultimately gets eliminated.

Now if you're feeling confident, it's possible to vote for your own duo. Then you might be able to send your own duo to the sudden death scenario in an attempt to beat your duo partner's average score and send them home. But be aware: voting for yourself always comes with a risk. And remember: if you forget to vote, it's a self-vote.

Keep in mind that coin earnings are doubled this round due to the pairing twist, even during this Tribal Council.

Votes are due by Wednesday at 7PM EST.

Second Immunity Predictions are due around Tuesday, October 4th at 11:59 PM PST.

(I recommend giving your vote alongside your second immunity predictions; you can always change your vote before the vote deadline if you change your mind!)

Good luck to all of the Angry Arnold's!

WEEKEND CHALLENGE #3

You guys will need a breather after this Bros/duo/pairing twist, so I'll announce now that there will NOT be any major twists impacting the next episode's weekend challenge or tribal council. There will, however, be some twists I'll tell you about next Monday, so braces yourselves for something big!

Here's the films you'll predict weekend grosses for next week:

Amsterdam

Bros

Don't Worry Darling

Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile

Smile

*The individual player who gets the strongest prediction for Avatar will have something special happen to them!

Predictions are due by Thursday, October 6th at 11:59 PM PST. Good luck!

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 7
  • Astonished 1

@Agafin @AN9815 @Fancyarcher@The Dark Alfred @Morieris @Reddroast @YM! @ZeeSoh

I’m busy later today so I’m posting today’s obligatory reminder earlier than usual!

Please remember to send in Tuesday predictions for the second immunity challenge by 11:59 PST tonight!

Again, the films are:

Bros

Bullet Train

Minions: The Rise of Gru

And votes are due tomorrow (Wed. October 5th) by 7 PM EST!

(that’s about 4 PM PST)

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

@SLAM! You mentioned that the duo with highest prediction average for The Good House will have something special for them. Are the winners secret so you are sending them a private message or have you not yet announced that?

- The winner is indeed secret; I sent the winners a private message.

- The winner of the Railway Children special event from last week was also sent a private message in secret.

- When someone wins the upcoming Avatar rerelease special event, that player will also receive a secret message.

In my opinion, this is something that's very exciting! Also, the secret winners essentially choose when the thing they won gets revealed to everyone else. But I won't spoil how those players reveal it!

Edited by SLAM!

17 hours ago, Agafin said:

The hell? There is an item to reduce another player's score? This game is ruthless.

Lol thats not even the best one. I dont know if I should spoil any upcoming coins that Slam intends to reveal in due time but there are some coins that are far far more mischievous which we had a lot of fun with last season (especially towards the latter part of the season). 

6 hours ago, SLAM! said:

- The winner is indeed secret; I sent the winners a private message.

- The winner of the Railway Children special event from last week was also sent a private message in secret.

- When someone wins the upcoming Avatar rerelease special event, that player will also receive a secret message.

In my opinion, this is something that's very exciting! Also, the secret winners essentially choose when the thing they won gets revealed to everyone else. But I won't spoil how those players reveal it!

Ooh sneaky. My duo (Agafin) and I were close to the actual gross so I was hoping it was us. 

@Morieris

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bxw1xp3grftlwvfaqdxs

PS: Didn’t know you were a girl, will make things….interesting

• Haha 2

@The Dark Alfred @Fancyarcher @Morieris @AN9815 @Reddroast @YM!

Heyo;

I will grant you a little bit more time to send in those Tuesday predictions if you haven’t done so already.

Let’s say… Hmm…

7:00 AM PST / 10:00 AM EST (hard deadline)

Good luck! Don’t forget to submit predictions because it’s extra important during the Bros twist! Immunity for you and your partner is on the line! 😎

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 1

@Agafin @AN9815 @The Dark Alfred @Fancyarcher @Morieris @Reddroast @YM! @ZeeSoh

TRIBAL COUNCIL #2

The Angry Arnolds enter tribal council. SLAM! waits for them to sit down. Then the council begins!

SLAM!: Welcome, Angry Arnolds, to Tribal Council, where another player will be eliminated from the game! As you know, everyone had to vote for a duo rather than an individual, and the duo with the most votes against them with send its lowest-scoring member out of the game. Fancyarcher, you're up first.

*One by one, the Angry Arnolds go to the voting booth...*

Fancyarcher: Another member gone! Aaaaaaaaah!

Reddroast: Not the end of the world. Into the vote box you go...

Morieris: Ugh, I think I'm in trouble this time... 😫

AN9815: Uhhhhh... UHHHHHHH...

The Dark Alfred: I choose... The choice! Yes!

ZeeSoh: Love or game, love or game...

YM!: I have made the best possible decision!

Agafin: (says nothing, simply votes...)

SLAM!: Cue the more appropriate music accompaniment!

SLAM!: If anybody has an advantage or immunity idol and they would like to play it, now would be the time to do so.

Morieris: (side-eyes the people beside her)

YM!: (pushes up his glasses)

AN9815: ...

Spoiler

AN9815 stands up.

AN9815: SLAM!... I'm playing the Sour Patch Kids!

The tribemates exchange confused glances while AN9815 opens a bag of Sour Patch Kids.

giphy.gif

The Sour Patch Kids come to life and start running and jumping around, being menaces, you know, like how they are in the commercials.

SLAM!: AN9815 has played the Sour Patch Kids item! This is a brand new item in Box Office Survivor, and AN9815 earned this item by getting the highest prediction on Railway Children. Once unleashed, the Sour Patch Kids decrease the average scores of everyone in a specific group of players by 0.5%. This can be the other tribe during weekend challenges or your fellow tribemates during second immunity challenges like this one. Because it's Duos week, the other duo scores have each been decreased by 1% (0.5 times 2). Also, the Sour Patch Kids are the only movie candy to be an advantage this season due to licensing issues.

A sour patch kid dabs on them haters.

SLAM!: All right! So the time to play advantages is now over. Let's reveal which duo won the Second Immunity Challenge...

Spoiler

FANCYARCHER and AN9815 with a combined average score of 95.53%!

AN9815: Yeah! Ka-chow!

Fancyarcher: Yeah! YEAAAAAAH!

SLAM!: They would've won without the Sour Patch Kids, but still, congratulations! That's an impressive score!

Confessional - AN9815: You wanna know what your chances of winning are? Your chances are sour, sweet, GONE!

Confessional - Fancyarcher: Oh, thank goodness! Phew! If I hadn't one that...

SLAM!: Let's reveal the votes! First vote:

Spoiler

Fancyarcher/AN9815 (does not count)

Second vote:

Spoiler

Fancyarcher/AN9815 (self vote) (does note count)

AN9815: I Sour Patch Kouldn't vote this week!

Third vote:

Spoiler

YM! and Reddroast

Fourth vote:

Spoiler

The Dark Alfred and Morieris

Fifth vote:

Spoiler

Sixth vote:

Spoiler

The duo headed to sudden death is...

Spoiler

THE DARK ALFRED and MORIERIS

(That's four, and that's enough votes.)

SLAM!: All right... It's time for sudden death! Let's reveal the players' individual average scores to discover which player is headed home! The Dark Alfred's average was...

Spoiler

85.83%

Did Morieris beat that score? Morieris scored...

Spoiler

8.33%

Morieris scratches the back of her head (😅).

SLAM!: This means that by getting the lowest score in the duo with the most votes, Morieris has been officially voted out of Survivor: Pandora. Please bring me your torch.

Morieris brings SLAM! her torch.

SLAM!: Morieris? The tribe has spoken.

Morieris: Bye everyone! I had fun!

Morieris walks off...

Confessional - Shanks: I may have been voted out first, but I can't complain because Survivor: Pandora really was the adventure of a lifetime for me. Thanks for having me!

SLAM! storms into the editing booth.

SLAM!: Hey, uh, why did you air Shanks's final words instead of Morieris's final words?

Undergraduate Intern: I thought it would be nice because we forgot to include it in last week's episode.

SLAM!: ...Please air Morieris's final words.

Undergraduate Intern: You got it, boss!

Confessional - Morieris: Ugh, my experience in Survivor Pandora was rough. But it was fun! And the banishment thing was also fun! 10 out of 10, would play again!

Post-Council Story Content

Spoiler

ZeeSoh: Hey! Wait!

ZeeSoh runs after Morieris and confronts her privately.

ZeeSoh: I have something that I want to admit to you...

Morieris: Stop. I know.

(ZeeSoh does a "deer in the headlights" stare.)

Morieris: When people are crushing on someone, the signs are always pretty easy to spot.

ZeeSoh: Well, I just want to say that... I may have voted for your duo this week, but the feelings that I have for you are real.

Morieris: I know. It's a game, right?

(They hug in wholesome fashion.)

Morieris: Win it for both of us. I'm rooting for you.

Morieris walks off into the shadows of the night as ZeeSoh wipes his tears away...

ZeeSoh: Be strong, ZeeSoh. You can do this!

(Stay tuned for some important game information after I distribute some coins...)

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 4

@Agafin @AN9815 @Cap @DAJK @The Dark Alfred @Ethan Hunt @Eric the Crocodile @Fancyarcher @Gokai Red @Goldenhour36 @M37 @NannerManCan @Reddroast @YM! @ZeeSoh

Time to reveal some

🍀 Really Exciting Twists 🍀

All right. So. Here’s some optional twists.

You may have noticed that an item was added to the Concession Stand last week. The item was the

💳REWARDS PROGRAM MEMBERSHIP CARD💳

When you buy this card, you will become eligible for bonus coins and occasional percentage boosts through a new thing that I call...

🎞️ THE REWARDS PROGRAM 🎞️

I will now list the program's perks:

• 1) Bonus Coins: With the rewards card in your possession, you receive +1 bonus coin for every "event" you participate in. This can be Weekend Challenges, Tribal Councils, Banishment, "events within events" such as Sudden Death scenarios, and more.
  • 2) Deposit System: Now, the Rewards Program functions like a bank. Each week from now until the Final Five, card owners can choose to shave off whole numbers of their prediction percentages for specific films they predict each week. (That'd be #% off of how accurate your prediction was for, say, Bullet Train.) You take everything you've shaved off of your scores for specific films and deposit it into the Rewards Program's percentage reserve. And you’ll tell me how many percentages you're depositing when you submit predictions before the deadlines for weekend challenges and tribal councils!
  • 2.5) Deposit System (breaking up the paragraph) There will be two twists involving the Deposit System, one during the weekend challenge of October 28th, and one during the Final Five weekend challenge taking place on December 2nd. On both of those weekends, card owners will have opportunities to earn the entire percentage amount that all players have deposited into the reserve. That would be your average score's percentage boost for the weekend challenge, giving you a better shot at winning immunity that week!
    • You must have deposited 1% or more to be eligible for the October 28th percentage boost.
    • You must have deposited 4% or more to be eligible for the December 2nd percentage boost.
    • This twist is as exciting and impactful as you make it; you can deposit many points throughout the season to inflate the percentage boosts to a ludicrous level... Or, you can do more reserved approach where the percentage isn’t too big. I will adapt to your play-style! 😉
    • If you're throwing your hands in the air saying "this is too confusing," that's completely fine. You can skip the Rewards Program by deciding not to buy the Rewards Program Membership Card. (Or you can buy the card, skip the deposit system, and enjoy its other perks!) I will make certain as the game's host that the Rewards Program doesn't make it harder for players without the card to do well in the game!
  • 3) Exclusive "Dilemmas": I have some "dilemmas" in store for members. They're more than simple decisions. They're "dilemmas!" High risk, high reward! And they will not tamper directly with non-members' chances at doing well.

Who owns and doesn't own the Rewards Card will not be revealed publicly...

Card or no card, I wish you good luck! :poker:

Now, I felt bad for @Eric the Crocodile and @M37 because they both missed out on a lot of coins last week. So I'm giving them an opportunity to catch up with everyone else. Ladies and Gentlemen, I will now reveal:

🪙 COINSTERDAM 🪙

This is a special place in the military base called Coinsterdam where you can try and earn coins for a fee of 5% off your weekend prediction average score.

For a chance to earn three coins, you take the films you're already predicting weekend grosses for—

Amsterdam

Bros

Don't Worry Darling

Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile

Smile

are the films this week, for example—

—and you predict *weekend chart placements* of these films in addition to weekend grosses.

If you're going to Coinsterdam (and it's optional, but if you do want to go), please tell me in your weekend prediction submission that you're going to Coinsterdam, and after that, please order and number the films according to chart placements you're predicting each film will receive.

For example, you'd order films like...

1. Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile 

2. Smile

4. Don't Worry Darling

7. Bros

and so on.

Out of the seven weekend challenge films, you need to correctly predict the weekend chart placements of at least five films to earn yourself three coins from Coinsterdam.

Fall short of five and you earn 0 coins!

High risk, high reward... 🤪

Coinsterdam remains open for anyone to play (whenever they want) until there's Nine Players left in the game.

@Eric the Crocodile and @M37 will get a Free Pass to Coinsterdam that's good for this weekend only if they want to use it.

And one last thing... Rewards Program members get a 20% discount and only lose 4% of their average score instead of 5% whenever they go to Coinsterdam!

Anyways, good luck with Coinsterdam! :monopoly:

If you have any questions about either of these twists, please don't hesitate to ask. Have a good night!

And please, please, PLEASE don't forget to submit weekend predictions by tomorrow night at 11:59 PST! (or at least before Thursday preview numbers are announced)

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 5

@SLAM! Just want to clarify a few things

1) we are predicting 3 day weekend for this weekend right (not including Columbus day)?

2) For Coinsterdam, we enter using 5% off our weekend score and if we do not get 5 placements right we lose. But if we get it right and win the 3 coins do we get the 5% score added back to our weekend score or is that entry fee permanent regardless whether we win or lose?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

@SLAM! Just want to clarify a few things

1) we are predicting 3 day weekend for this weekend right (not including Columbus day)?

2) For Coinsterdam, we enter using 5% off our weekend score and if we do not get 5 placements right we lose. But if we get it right and win the 3 coins do we get the 5% score added back to our weekend score or is that entry fee permanent regardless whether we win or lose?

1) Columbus Day weekend completely slipped my mind...

Uh... :thinking:

I think that due to the timing of the announcements and deadlines, I will go ahead and confirm that players will predict the three-day grosses for every film.

2) 5% is the entry fee regardless of whether you win or lose. But: during the pre-merge where everyone's still in teams, players will have an opportunity to barter with Coinsterdam's manager to lower the fee [since 5% might admittedly be too big during the season's teams portion]. The fee can never be lowered to 0% though.

• Like 1

@Agafin @AN9815 @Cap @DAJK @The Dark Alfred @Eric the Crocodile @Ethan Hunt @Fancyarcher @Gokai Red @Goldenhour36 @M37 @NannerManCan @Reddroast @YM! @ZeeSoh

Quick, before you get too excited about the Mario movie trailer—read this reminder!

Three-day weekend predictions are due tonight by 11:59 PM PST! So make sure you get them in! The next challenge is a karaoke contest, and if you submit the predictions, you get to pick your own song!

Optional things such as buying items, using the card, and playing Coinsterdam are also due tonight at 11:59 PM PST!

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 1

@Agafin @AN9815 @Cap @DAJK @The Dark Alfred @Eric the Crocodile @Ethan Hunt @Fancyarcher @Gokai Red @Goldenhour36 @M37 @NannerManCan @Reddroast @YM! @ZeeSoh

Heyo!

Getting one last reminder in before I hit the hay. Make sure you get those predictions in at least before Thursday preview numbers are announced! Don’t Worry Darling’s previews were announced around 10 AM EST so I’d shoot for around that if you need some extra time.