Jump to content

Eric Slay

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Also Lupita is so beautiful.

Well....Lupita N'yongo so, duh yeah lol.

 

Anyway, back to the question I asked earlier (will keep asking lol)....is M'baku trying to steal the throne from Shuri or is it implied that Shuri doesn't want it and that is why M'Baku is claiming (or did Shuri make this deal with M'Baku?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites



5 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Well....Lupita N'yongo so, duh yeah lol.

 

Anyway, back to the question I asked earlier (will keep asking lol)....is M'baku trying to steal the throne from Shuri or is it implied that Shuri doesn't want it and that is why M'Baku is claiming (or did Shuri make this deal with M'Baku?)

I believe it's that Shuri doesn't want it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

yes, Lupita got murmurs when she showed up. She’s great.

 

and I definitely got what David Ehrlich meant about Reylo vibes between Namor and Shuri. Twitter is hilarious about this but my friend and I thought it was going to initially be a marriage contract thing lol. *no judging please!* Then he killed her mom and pftt…

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites



1 hour ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I still don’t quite understand how the technology she developed ended up in the hands of the CIA… it was for a university project? So her professor is a CIA asset? Whatever they said, it was hilariously brushed over. And of course, Namor had no interest in actually figuring out what was up. Just so contrived.

 

Considering how heavily integrated into the MCU the US Military is both in and out of universe, I can 100% imagine them having military recruiters in the MCU version of MIT and word of what Riri could do got back to one of them.

 

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

After rewatching the movie I am settling on grading the movie 4/5. It loses a star for the Martin Freeman scenes. I feel like he is only in the movie so it would have a white actor in the cast. Namor and Shuri’s scenes are the stand out of the movie next to Angela Basset’s breath taking monologues. I applaud Ryan for not going the obvious route and having Shuri and Namor as romantic rivals but who knows in a sequel? MBJ was amazing and both times the crowd gasped when he showed up. Surprised I didn’t see anyone mention him here I think. Mbaku got a great reaction every time he was on screen but in a lesser director he would end up as a buffoon stereotype. Kudos to Ryan for giving him a substantive scene too. The moment when Shuri comes down in the suit is so triumphant. Btw the music in this movie is great. Both the score and the songs in the film when Shuri is working in her lab. I need the song that plays when they swim into Talokan. I’m just really impressed with this movie and might even go see it again in theaters next week maybe.  
 

i think I might put Namor in a top 3 villains with Thanos and Killmonger. 

 

tbh I liked him more in this movie than in 1 (with the exception of "Please don't make me listen to your music.")

 

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

Well....Lupita N'yongo so, duh yeah lol.

 

Anyway, back to the question I asked earlier (will keep asking lol)....is M'baku trying to steal the throne from Shuri or is it implied that Shuri doesn't want it and that is why M'Baku is claiming (or did Shuri make this deal with M'Baku?)

 

Ok I thought it was a deal of the ritual fight for the throne, so he stands in to fight in her place, because she decides to take some time to visit Nakia and they couldn't delay it for whatever ritualistic reason, but I wish it was more clear.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

For all Namor knew, they could have already made many copies of the detector, so it doesn't make sense why the individual scientist would matter that much. 

Now I think we are getting into theories of whether he knows or not. Namor is there to protect his people and maybe he was thinking irrationally. I get why he would want her, who the invaders did mention, dead.

 

All he thought of, from what he said in his introduction, was about this particular scientist inventing the detector. An invention thought to be impossible to do do. Maybe he also wanted to interrogate her into spilling more information on who else might be involved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



5 hours ago, Morieris said:

 

Considering how heavily integrated into the MCU the US Military is both in and out of universe, I can 100% imagine them having military recruiters in the MCU version of MIT and word of what Riri could do got back to one of them.

 

Perhaps, but given how central this was to setting up the entire sequence of events that made up the "plot" of this movie, there should have been a bit more of an explanation, because it came off as contrived. I still expect my blockbusters to establish proper logic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites





17 hours ago, Deja23 said:

yes, Lupita got murmurs when she showed up. She’s great.

 

and I definitely got what David Ehrlich meant about Reylo vibes between Namor and Shuri. Twitter is hilarious about this but my friend and I thought it was going to initially be a marriage contract thing lol. *no judging please!* Then he killed her mom and pftt…


 

https://twitter.com/thislilstangirl/status/1591630076571160577?s=46&t=EFO7ZA6iEIDF2uNh0eKUuw

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2022 at 1:47 PM, jedijake said:

Great movie! Angela was great BUT Leticia was out of this world great!!!

 

I still stand by my going back in time thing for young Tchalla and think it makes sense. I think it's the only way to go. You can't have a 6 year old be part of an Avengers team. Four years from now he'll be 10. Still doesn't work.

 

Didn't quite understand why Riri was SO sought after for death by Namor. Surely, even if she dies, someone will get a hold of her plans. That part was reaching.

 

 

 

Just make another Black Panther with Shuri, maybe with the kid having a decent size role. releasing 3/4 years from now, 4 years or so later put him in the young Avengers, when he is 14/15. Marvel thinks long term. then maybe in like phase 8 or something give him a movie. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



I loved this movie, it was soo good. and after being different levels of the last couple marvel films, I had somewhat lowered expectations and I wasn't sure they could pull it off without chadwick, but thier Choice to make it about Shuri and how she copes with dealing with the loss of her brother while basically being forced to take up the mantle of the BP panther to defend her people give it a realness and since of urgency. I actually felt like there were stakes in this movie and you weren't sure who was going to make it out alive, there was just this overwhelming sense of danger throughout this move, and Angela Bassett was great like oscar good. but honestly Letita right may have given the best low key performance in the whole movie. she nailed it and made sure feel like a real person, not just an action hero. and Namor was amazing and everything about his kingdom ruled. 

 

BEST MARVEL score to date, and art direction, visuals.. just wow. I didn't think BP quite deserved it's BP nom (although I still really liked that movie alot). this movie imo does, right now it is hovering in my top 2/3 favorite marvel films ever. the only one I can say for sure I liked better was Endgame. and the margin is small.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I

Throughly enjoyed it....at the showing I went ot, a lot of applause when Namor finally gave his battlecry.."Imperius Rex"/

A little confused as where Marvel is going with Contesa Valentina....she was pretty much a internatinal criminal previous to this movie, now she is head of the CIA? Some questinable writing here.

And anybody else catch the discussion about how Namor has powers that other Atlanteans don

t have..and it might be due to genetics?

Alsong with the reveal at the end of Ms Marvel, I think the groudworks for Mutants..and the X Men ..coming into the MCU is being laid.

Looking forward to the Ironheart  series. I am sure Riri is being groomed to be the Iron Man equivilent in a new Avengers line up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites





3 hours ago, Kalo said:

 

Just make another Black Panther with Shuri, maybe with the kid having a decent size role. releasing 3/4 years from now, 4 years or so later put him in the young Avengers, when he is 14/15. Marvel thinks long term. then maybe in like phase 8 or something give him a movie. 

 

 

 

It would be great if we get more than just 3 black panther movies. T’Challa is too important a character to only have one movie . He has so much story potential and what he means to people of color especially to young children can’t be overstated.  Anyone notice though that Shuri’s character is actually more comic accurate to Tchalla’s character in the comics what with the being a top 5 genius in the marvel universe and all the tech expertise.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



When I really got to think about this, the ONLY thing that didn't work was the whole "Namor wants to kill Riri" thing. Anyone else could have gotten her plans. If there was no Iron Heart show, Namor would have just wanted to go after Europe and the Western World and targeted Wakanda first for fear that they may assist Namor's enemies (take out a potential ally first so your enemy is left vulnerable). But I do understand why they did what they did with Riri and I liked her character so it's all good.

 

I really want to know what Val's real intentions are. I don't know much about the character. Maybe someone can fill me in? Could she be secretly working with Doom?

Link to comment
Share on other sites



1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I

Throughly enjoyed it....at the showing I went ot, a lot of applause when Namor finally gave his battlecry.."Imperius Rex"/

A little confused as where Marvel is going with Contesa Valentina....she was pretty much a internatinal criminal previous to this movie, now she is head of the CIA? Some questinable writing here.

And anybody else catch the discussion about how Namor has powers that other Atlanteans don

t have..and it might be due to genetics?

Alsong with the reveal at the end of Ms Marvel, I think the groudworks for Mutants..and the X Men ..coming into the MCU is being laid.

Looking forward to the Ironheart  series. I am sure Riri is being groomed to be the Iron Man equivilent in a new Avengers line up.

She definitely is, but I found it odd there was zero context given for it. Usually when I new character takes either the mantle directly or replaces a character there is some context for why. I figured they'd make a RiRi a massive Tony Stark fangirl or something. Instead she's just flying around in Iron Man-like suits like it's a novel thing. It's pretty on the nose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I

Throughly enjoyed it....at the showing I went ot, a lot of applause when Namor finally gave his battlecry.."Imperius Rex"/

A little confused as where Marvel is going with Contesa Valentina....she was pretty much a internatinal criminal previous to this movie, now she is head of the CIA? Some questinable writing here.

And anybody else catch the discussion about how Namor has powers that other Atlanteans don

t have..and it might be due to genetics?

Alsong with the reveal at the end of Ms Marvel, I think the groudworks for Mutants..and the X Men ..coming into the MCU is being laid.

Looking forward to the Ironheart  series. I am sure Riri is being groomed to be the Iron Man equivilent in a new Avengers line up.

Namor straight up said he was a mutant to Shuri. Surprised that didn’t get a response at either of my 2 screenings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



3 minutes ago, jedijake said:

When I really got to think about this, the ONLY thing that didn't work was the whole "Namor wants to kill Riri" thing. Anyone else could have gotten her plans. If there was no Iron Heart show, Namor would have just wanted to go after Europe and the Western World and targeted Wakanda first for fear that they may assist Namor's enemies (take out a potential ally first so your enemy is left vulnerable). But I do understand why they did what they did with Riri and I liked her character so it's all good.

 

I really want to know what Val's real intentions are. I don't know much about the character. Maybe someone can fill me in? Could she be secretly working with Doom?

I know it's annoying for some but this will very likely be one of those scenarios that is random at the time and only has meaning in hindsight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



3 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Namor straight up said he was a mutant to Shuri. Surprised that didn’t get a response at either of my 2 screenings.

It's probably because people associate mutants with the X-Men. Namor and Ms. Marvel being mutants in the MCU didn't provoke anything in me because it feels a little forced and "not right".

 

Hint at any classic mutant characters and that will get a reaction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.