The Wild Eric

THE OFFICIAL BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER WEEKEND THREAD | 181M OW

1 hour ago, Menor Reborn said:

I really like TDK but I wouldn't put it as my best superhero movie or even in the top tier, I think it's a bit overrated in a similar vein to ESB

I am SO glad I am not the only one who feels this way! BP is honestly one of my favorite films of all time period (I am not a cinemaphile though) and TDK was just "good". ESB is my 2nd fav SW film behind ANH which has SO much meaning to me and my life. But I am also one of those who thinks that Winter Soldier and Ragnarok were just okay. Rag was a bit weird for me and I am not one for political espionage type of stories like WS.

If we were ranking MCU, I'd put BP2 somewhere between 4 and 7. I like it more than NWH. It's close to, but probably over Shang Chi. BP, IM1, and EG are still my top 3 though. Not sure if I'd place BP2 above GOTG1 and IW (previously my #4 and #5.)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Morgan Freeman’s character is appalled by it and its implications and threatens to resign over it. So while showing it to be somewhat useful to Batman the movie also makes it clear that it is a morally and ethically bad thing. 

Yeah this part was fine with me. My issues are more I find Harvey's turn to Two-Face really unconvincing and the whole Bruce/Rachel/Harvey love triangle doesn't land for me. Still enjoy it a lot but those two things are pretty crucial to the plot and emotional effect of the film, so they keep it out of my very top tier.

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Yeah this part was fine with me. My issues are more I find Harvey's turn to Two-Face really unconvincing and the whole Bruce/Rachel/Harvey love triangle doesn't land for me. Still enjoy it a lot but those two things are pretty crucial to the plot and emotional effect of the film, so they keep it out of my very top tier.

Yeah valid point. Especially the Harvey Dent thing. I mean you are so devastated by the killing of your lover that you are willing to murder a child but will not kill the actual person responsible for it when you had the opportunity because of a coin flip. 

Maybe they should have given Harvey Dent more time to turn into Two Face and made him one of the villains in the 3rd one. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, K'uk'ulkan XXR said:

That would be a horrible drop (75%). Even DSMOM only dropped 65%.

Not exactly apples to apples comparison when DS2 Sunday was deflated by Mothers Day. Looking at DS1 and Ragnarok a drop of 75% looks likely, but there maybe some spill over effect in place. So going with 70% for now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Killmonger said:

I know this is a "me" thing, but the one thing that always takes me out of Dark Knight is how the climax is based around government phone surveillance being a good thing that saves the day. Which like...that's really weird.

It's given more nuance than that through Lucious Fox, which ZeeSoh points out below...but it's just about the last time anyone in a Hollywood movie cared about this issue...because most of us have since given in with the advent of all-surveilling IPhones, etc. 

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Morgan Freeman’s character is appalled by it and its implications and threatens to resign over it. So while showing it to be somewhat useful to Batman the movie also makes it clear that it is a morally and ethically bad thing. 

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

Maybe they should have given Harvey Dent more time to turn into Two Face and made him one of the villains in the 3rd one. 

That was the original plan.  Goyer did an interview with Premiere magazine (a great French/American film magazine that used to exist...) during Batman Begins' release... in a quote that would never even get close to being said these days due to studio/franchise "trade secrets" about sequels... Goyer basically revealed the whole thing, that Joker would get arrested by the end of Film 2, and he would be the one who would scar Dent in the courtroom when he's on trial in Film 3. 

“The next one would have Batman enlisting the aid of Gordon and [Harvey] Dent [aka Two-Face] in bringing down the Joker… but not killing him, which is a mistake they made in the [Batman '89].” ... “In the third, the Joker would go on trial, scarring Dent in the process.”  

Of course for a variety of reasons, that scenario didn't happen...and I still wonder whether Nolan re-organized TDK in post-production (after Ledger's death) and shot the Two-Face finale as a way of closing out everything, if he didn't come back for a third movie.  

Two-Face has always been my favorite Bat-villain and I *still* don't think they've gotten him quite right in live-action.  I still look to the wonderful Batman: The Animated Series episodes (which of course I've been watching this past weekend) for a beautiful and tragic representation of the character...even though that adaptation modifies the character's comic origins, too...  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, K'uk'ulkan XXR said:

Thats in line with Nov releases. 

November is characterized by muted weekdays but strong weekends.

Check venom 2 and BA, eternals Ragnarok,DS drops on BOM.

Spring, summer,fall box office all behave quite differently.

Expect like a big jump on Friday.

Mon (70-75%)

Tue +10-20%

Wed(30-35%)

Thur(3-10%)

Fri.  +160-170%

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, K'uk'ulkan XXR said:

That would be an excellent drop of 48% of 2nd SAT. The only drop that matter.

@Legion By Night

I thought we talking abt 2nd weekend. MON drop of 75% would be fine for NOV. MoM drop was from a deflated SUN, while BP2 SUN is aided by something called Black church groups I heard.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

I looooove the Two-Face origin story from Batman The Animates Series.

"There's only one problem. You're talking to the wrong Harvey".

I think there was an exellent parallel between the dual nature of someone with Disassociative Identity Disorder and a corrupt justice system. Fight Club meets Traffic and Nolan avoids it completely because Joker's story takes up all the oxygen. He just doesn't have the time.

Yeah, Two-Face is really just Mad-Face. There's no battle between personalities the way a corrupt justice system fights for it's soul. Which makes Two-Face in TDK a missed opportunity.

I mean Heath Ledger's Joker makes the sacrifice worth it but still.

• Like 1