Kalo

I will finish what I started. ranking all Star Wars Media. it begins | submissions are closed. | tabulation complete countdown starts TOMORROW!

13 hours ago, dxmatrixdt said:

@Kalo are we supposed to message you these lists or just drop them here?  i edited my list btw in case you already tabulated it.  

You can message me them to me, but I would probably post them here. cause I'm not sure how full my inbox is. maybe with spoiler tags if you want. 

• Haha 1

I sort of like the negative ratings but I'd argue there's a real benefit to treating them as a separate list. For divisive stuff, I think you really want to capture extremely strong positive or negative opinions. I don't really think this is one continuum. 

I you kill the hate list or demand 1 vote per tv show, just collapse Mando Season 2 into Mando Season 1's location. I just hated how they turned "let's have a Lone Ranger style show" into "we're doing a live action Filloniverse". It's objectively too low but I think this captures a strong negative reaction that I really don't have for something like Boba Fett. In terms of positive ratings it would be just around TFA level.

1. Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Star Wars - Episode 1 - Pod Racer, Phantom Menace

6. Revenge of the Sith, Battlefront 2 (2005), Rogue One, Star Wars: Rebellion, EA Battlefront,

11. Andor, Attack of the Clones, Lego Star Wars, Clone Wars TV show, Force Awakens

16. That early 2000s Galactic Battlegrounds (RTS), Rebels, Obi-Wan, Episode IX, Boba Fett series

(now 21) - Last Jedi

HATE list -  TLJ

Excluding Knights of the Old republic because its combat aged terribly to an extent I didn't play it. Otherwise, I know I would have loved it as an early bioware game. Star Wars Rebellion would probably go ahead of Phantom Menace if I had played it in the early 2000s and I'm sort of reaching to place it where it is because I love the concept but the game really shows its age when I bought it 5 years ago. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
edited for ease of viewing

Negative values don't make any sense.  Assuming you still start at some positive value and count down by one but bypass zero to some negative value, then the net result is simply that the value of everything listed has been shifted down by the same amount. Which means the only benefactors are the things that were excluded from the list and effectively earn zero points instead of the potential of negative points, thus artificially elevating niche entries that nobody cares about.  Why would anyone think that's a good idea?

You get more bang for your buck by simply listing everything that's ever been made and putting your favorite at the top and your least favorite at the bottom...which has the added benefit of staying within the spirit of the activity and also not making yourself look silly with negative spite votes.

Edited by ZackM
  • Like 1

1.  The Empire Strikes Back

2.  Star Wars

3.  Andor

4.  Return of the Jedi

5.  The Mandalorian

The above are the only things I think are good tbh

6.  The Force Awakens

7.   Revenge of the Sith

8.   Rogue One

9.  Obi-Wan Kenobi

10.  The Last Jedi

11.  The Book of Boba Fett

12.  The Phantom Menace

13.  Attack of the Clones

14.  The Rise of Skywalker

Have not seen Solo or Clone Wars and probably never will.

• Like 1

the top 3 , than they are fine entertaining to some extent , some i watch love ironically

Star Wars

ESB

ROTJ

The Phantom Menace/The Force Awakens/Rogue One

Rise of Skywalker/ The Mandolorian /Lego Star Wars Holiday Special/Andor

Solo/The Last Jedi/Revenge of The Sith

Attack Of The Clones/Obi Wan

Book Of Boba Fett

Edited by Ryan Reynolds
  • Like 1

1. Revenge of the Sith
2. The Last Jedi
3. The Force Awakens
4. The Empire Strikes Back
5. Rogue One
6. The Mandalorian
7. Andor
8. Return of the Jedi
9. A New Hope
10. The Rise of Skywalker
11. Obi-Wan Kenobi
12. Attack of the Clones
13. The Phantom Menace
14. Solo
15. The Book of Boba Fett
16. Visions
17. The Clone Wars (TV Show)
18. Rebels
19. Tales of the Jedi
20. The Bad Batch
21. Resistance
22. Clone Wars
23. Forces of Destiny
24. The Clone Wars (Movie)
25. Grogu and the Dust Bunnies
26. The Battle for Endor
27. Caravan of Courage
28. Ewoks
29. Droids
30. The Star Wars Holiday Special

This was really hard, by the way! I wouldn't give anything lower than 8/10 to anything in the top 20!

Edited by shachi86
  • Like 1

1. Empires Strikes Back (A+)

2. A New Hope (A-)

3. Rogue One (A-)

4. Return of the Jedi (B+)

5. The Mandalorian (B-)

6. The Last Jedi (B-)

7. Solo (C-)

8. The Book of Boba Fett (C-)

9. Revenge of the Sith (D+)

10. The Force Awakens (D)

11. Phantom Menace (D-)

12. Attack of the Clones (F)

13. Rise of Skywalker (F)

Will see if I can get in Obi Wan and Andor viewings and edit.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 10:34 AM, Lucas said:

Do some documentaries count on this? (thinking specifically Empire of Dreams) I might not have read the rules closely enough.

That's a good question, I hadn't really thought about that. I just watched light and Magic, which is about the formation of the VFX studio which was created while making star wars and it was fantastic. I also loved Empire of Dreams but it has been a long time since I've seen it. 

But I might be leaning towards because this is all "In World" Star Wars content. and it might be hard to rank it along side docs.

But I do list it as "All Star Wars Media" So give me an argument for it, and I might consider it.

16 hours ago, Impact said:

So does The Holiday Special count?

Yes I have seen it. 

It makes The Last Jedi seem like a decent film.

Yes it counts. I've seen 75% of it and I'm still listing it. it's by far the worst Star Wars content I have ever seen and The Rise of Skywalker is almost passable after watching it. 

• Like 1

Has anyone seen the Ewok made for TV movies? 

I rather liked them as a kid, they are kind of chidish, but fairly competently made imo for 1980s tv movies.

Edited by Kalo

On 11/25/2022 at 2:18 PM, PlatnumRoyce said:

I sort of like the negative ratings but I'd argue there's a real benefit to treating them as a separate list. For divisive stuff, I think you really want to capture extremely strong positive or negative opinions. I don't really think this is one continuum. 

I you kill the hate list or demand 1 vote per tv show, just collapse Mando Season 2 into Mando Season 1's location. I just hated how they turned "let's have a Lone Ranger style show" into "we're doing a live action Filloniverse". It's objectively too low but I think this captures a strong negative reaction that I really don't have for something like Boba Fett. In terms of positive ratings it would be just around TFA level.

I've only seen first pod and a half of Andor but if you want one location, just slot it between R1 and Battlefront.

Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Star Wars - Episode 1 - Pod Racer(no, not "Racer"), Phantom Menace, Mandalorian Season 1, Revenge of the Sith, Battlefront 2 (2005), Rogue One, Star Wars: Rebellion, EA Battlefront games, Andor, Attack of the Clones, Lego Star Wars, Clone Wars TV show, Force Awakens, That early 2000s Galactic Battlegrounds (RTS), Rebels, Obi-Wan, Episode IX, Boba Fett series

HATE list -  TLJ, Mando season 2. 

Excluding Knights of the Old republic because its combat aged terribly to an extent I didn't play it. Otherwise, I know I would have loved it as an early bioware game. Star Wars Rebellion would probably go ahead of Phantom Menace if I had played it in the early 2000s and I'm sort of reaching to place it where it is because I love the concept but the game really shows its age when I bought it 5 years ago. 

Well we aren't doing negatives anymore due to popular vote. I was a bit unsure about it to begin with otherwise I would have went with it regardless of what people thought. 

I thought it might be an interesting experiment to try, but it may be for the better I didn't use it. 

However even if I had. you can't rank 1 Season of a show as bad. you have to rank the entire show/ movie. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1