XXR vs XXR

Avatar: The Way of Water -- Domestic Opening Weekend Contest!!

On 12/11/2022 at 1:12 PM, TwoMisfits said:

Damn, you beat me to this number...sigh.

Okay, let me go $18 Thurs x 8x for $144M to let you win anything below..

For the exact number, I'll put in Thor's OW - $144,165,107.  Same Disney Caucasian-skewing older fans show up - but it struggles to appeal outside of the corporate and fan demos (of Avatar and Cameron)...

I know I put this number and I said I'm not changing, but I don't want anyone to be surprised if the weekend ticks down to the $130s or even $120s...I'm just feeling like the previews (b/c of the audience I expect) are like NTTD + inflation and the walkups may also match for this weekend.  

So much illness going around everywhere, so much cold that just kicked in, so many last weekend public holiday activities to do.  And now late enough, we'll probably also be able to add terrible weather in somewhere (an Avatar tradition).  It's just a gut feeling - see my brain isn't moving from above - but my gut says this is trending down last minute, not trending up...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

I know I put this number and I said I'm not changing, but I don't want anyone to be surprised if the weekend ticks down to the $130s or even $120s...I'm just feeling like the previews (b/c of the audience I expect) are like NTTD + inflation and the walkups may also match for this weekend.  

So much illness going around everywhere, so much cold that just kicked in, so many last weekend public holiday activities to do.  And now late enough, we'll probably also be able to add terrible weather in somewhere (an Avatar tradition).  It's just a gut feeling - see my brain isn't moving from above - but my gut says this is trending down last minute, not trending up...

Honestly, super-sized NTTD isn't a bad comparison. Very similar trends for both: highly backloaded weekend sales, but poor final-week jumps. For NTTD, that ended up meaning that the Sat bump and IM weren't as strong as it initially looked. 

• Like 4

Alright, alright, I hereby bow before the powers of the big willie and issue a formal apology to @M37 for name gimmick IP theft.   

It is only right that I should indulge in name gimmickry using my own name instead.

Spoiler
L E G I O N
Spoiler

L E G I O N
12 5 7 9 15 14
Spoiler

Sorry boys, this some Mandate of Heaven shit:

$125,791,514

• Haha 1