Eric Atreides

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

The spoilers I'm most interested in are about Kiri and her powers as teased in the trailer. I saw in a TV spot that she controlled some plant to immobilize a robot (don't know the name or term lol). I know that her character wasn't fully explained or her origins but yeah I wanna know what she can do.

23 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

What I am curious about is who is going to be the bad guy in Avatar 3. I just can't see Quaritch being the villain again. That's tiring. I guess it'll be that case of villain to ally in the end.

I kinda think Quaritch is beyond the point of redemability. He has borderline genocidal views, but I agree he needs to step down from the main villain. I'm thinking maybe Spider has a falling out with the Sully family (saving Quaritch after going after the family he grew up with was a stretch, even if Neytiri used him as a hostage) and Quaritch gets killed for good and Spider becomes the new villain. They could go in a different direction but it seems like they're setting up Quaritch to be a big part of the next movie somehow. 

I don't think they can wrap everything up in Avatar 3 so I hope the fourth movie does happen. I just hope it can sustain its quality as I think if Jim is setting 3 in the same location it won't be able to rely on the visual spectacle as much. I'm down for the finale being a complete action-filled epic though. Give me 3 hours of James Cameron directed alien warfare and I will eat every minute of it up. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

I kinda think Quaritch is beyond the point of redemability. He has borderline genocidal views, but I agree he needs to step down from the main villain. I'm thinking maybe Spider has a falling out with the Sully family (saving Quaritch after going after the family he grew up with was a stretch, even if Neytiri used him as a hostage) and Quaritch gets killed for good and Spider becomes the new villain. They could go in a different direction but it seems like they're setting up Quaritch to be a big part of the next movie somehow. 

I don't think they can wrap everything up in Avatar 3 so I hope the fourth movie does happen. I just hope it can sustain its quality as I think if Jim is setting 3 in the same location it won't be able to rely on the visual spectacle as much. I'm down for the finale being a complete action-filled epic though. Give me 3 hours of James Cameron directed alien warfare and I will eat every minute of it up. 

Do you think we'll get to know another clan?

Yeah, so, I ended up really hating this. The sense of discovery that sold the first movie is in very short supply here. A lot of hackneyed, poorly motivated character drama and chaotic action sequences that aren't anywhere near as thrilling as the first's. And I was not anticipating it to so blatantly rely on the first movie's motifs for its emotional beats. Recycling almost every one of the Horner cues undermined whatever dramatic hook it may have had.

Will be interesting to see how everyone else reacts but can say it made me significantly less optimistic about my future interest in the franchise.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 6:17 AM, kayumanggi said:

What I am curious about is who is going to be the bad guy in Avatar 3. I just can't see Quaritch being the villain again. That's tiring. I guess it'll be that case of villain to ally in the end.

We didn't see much of her (General Ardmore) or Bridgehead but I think the story for 3 will focus a lot more their primary goal of colonizing Pandora at any cost. 

• Like 1