Eric Atreides

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

I finally watched the movie and really liked it but I have to watch it again to say how much.

The protagonists are the kids. It's basically their movie.

I really like all the new characters except maybe Spider. I think he will switch sides in the upcoming movies.

Kiri is the MVP and the most fascinating character currently in the Avatar universe.

Do we have any theories about her? Also how was she born, did I miss that part or wasn't explained?

I definitely didn't expect any of the kids to die in the first movie. That was a shocker. Neteyam is with Eywa now.

Do we have any information about plot points for Avatar 3? Looking forward to see where the story goes from here. And how the story goes crazy according to Cameron.

On 12/19/2022 at 4:27 PM, Valonqar said:

Maybe I didn't pay enough attention but where did all those children (Quaritch Jr, Kiri aka Grace Jr) come from? Not a hint in the first that Spider existed and Kiri is what exactly? Sorry very confused here. otherwise had a blast with this. Quaritch is getting a redemption arc in 3-5 no? They can't stretch him as a baddie for 3 more especially after how #2 ended which leaves him at crossroads.

Spider isn't mentioned no, while I assume Kiri is probably the result of some weird Eywa shenanigans from when they tried hooking Grace up to the tree to transfer her to the Avatar. Since there isn't a father my guess would be she will grow to be exactly identical to Grace hence why it's still Sigourney playing her.

I doubt Quaritch gets a full-on redemption, my guess is he'll save Spider and sacrifice himself at some point but I just don't see him fully switching sides.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Spider isn't mentioned no, while I assume Kiri is probably the result of some weird Eywa shenanigans from when they tried hooking Grace up to the tree to transfer her to the Avatar. Since there isn't a father my guess would be she will grow to be exactly identical to Grace hence why it's still Sigourney playing her.

How does Kiri, Jake and Neytiri know she is Grace's daughter? That's what confused me when I was watching the movie.

Just now, JustLurking said:

Grace's Avatar is shown as pregnant in a scene, she obviously came out of it, so what else would she be?

Is it shown the first few minutes of the movie? because I missed 2-3 minutes I think. 🥲

I got inside the room when Jake says they adopted Kiri, that was the first scene I saw.

5 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

@IronJimbo if you collected any info from articles or interviews about story/plot of Avatar 3 please share. 🙂😉

yeah sure just from memory though, theres not too much yet.

We meeting the "Ash" tribe in Avatar 3 and the male tribe leader is going to be played by David Thewlism, expect the Ash people to be villians and also expect fire. Perhaps they don't follow Eywa's teachings and in their soarched earth enviroment are not as connected to nature, and are more human like.

In avatar 4 after the 1st act their will be a time-skip of about 5-6 years.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

We meeting the "Ash" tribe in Avatar 3 and the male tribe leader is going to be played by David Thewlism, expect the Ash people to be villians and also expect fire. Perhaps they don't follow Eywa's teachings and in their soarched earth enviroment are not as connected to nature, and are more human like.

Oh nice. Didn't know about the casting of David Thewlism, great actor.

Interesting, very interesting.

So the "Ash"  could live near a volcano type environment me thinks without many trees or probably I'm way off. 😄

3 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Is it shown the first few minutes of the movie? because I missed 2-3 minutes I think. 🥲

I got inside the room when Jake says they adopted Kiri, that was the first scene I saw.

It's the lab scene about 20 minutes in that explains that grace is her mum

3 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Oh nice. Didn't know about the casting of David Thewlism, great actor.

Interesting, very interesting.

So the "Ash"  could live near a volcano type environment me thinks without many trees or probably I'm way off. 😄

This is what people seem to be thinking, a volcano type enviroment

Just now, IronJimbo said:

It's the lab scene about 20 minutes in that explains that grace is her mum

Oh noooo.

Definitely need a rewatch. There are many scenes that I need to see again.

Especially in the last 1,5 hour when I was getting distracted by a woman few rows in front of me that she was taking out her phone every few minutes and checking on her social media. 😡🤬  Seriously every time I go to the cinemas I have to find a different kind of idiot (don't want to use any other word in here) to distract me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Oh noooo.

Definitely need a rewatch. There are many scenes that I need to see again.

Especially in the last 1,5 hour when I was getting distracted by a woman few rows in front of me that she was taking out her phone every few minutes and checking on her social media. 😡🤬  Seriously every time I go to the cinemas I have to find a different kind of idiot (don't want to use any other word in here) to distract me.

I think it's a good reflection of society as a whole, if you have a couple hundred in a room theres always going to be some who ruin it for everyone. I had people talking next to me in one showing, thankfully it was infrequent but i was raging

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustLurking said:

I doubt Quaritch gets a full-on redemption, my guess is he'll save Spider and sacrifice himself at some point but I just don't see him fully switching sides.

If Kiri is just another sf messiah I'll be disappointed. Besides we all know that Paul Atreides has that market cornered for the coming years. 

I kinda hope that all of the Eywa stuff will eventually be explained by science just like Grace hinted at in the first movie (something along the lines of being a very large network that Na'vi know how to access). She also explained rationally the weird gravity in the hallelujah mountains. That's why I'm convinced that Kiri is just one of her clones that she experimented on by putting her in her avatar. As for her powers, maybe Grace also finally got the Eywa samples she kept talking about and mixed them with Kiri's DNA or something. 

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

yeah sure just from memory though, theres not too much yet.

In avatar 4 after the 1st act their will be a time-skip of about 5-6 years.

Wow. People were actually joking about the next just moving from forest to water to sky, desert or volcano and that's the true heavy rumor? Hopefully there's a scene like this in it with Sully saving one of the kids he has left so the series can move on without his character...

...more Neytiri, please. Jim can go ahead and kill at least one more of the annoying kids too. He has my blessing. 

47 minutes ago, Tigalion2 said:

If Kiri is just another sf messiah I'll be disappointed. Besides we all know that Paul Atreides has that market cornered for the coming years. 

I kinda hope that all of the Eywa stuff will eventually be explained by science just like Grace hinted at in the first movie (something along the lines of being a very large network that Na'vi know how to access). She also explained rationally the weird gravity in the hallelujah mountains. That's why I'm convinced that Kiri is just one of her clones that she experimented on by putting her in her avatar. As for her powers, maybe Grace also finally got the Eywa samples she kept talking about and mixed them with Kiri's DNA or something. 

Na'Vi messiah is kind of what I'm expecting considering she very clearly has a connection to the planet with her powers, but maybe Cameron has something else in mind. Either way, pretty clear she's going to be the key character moving forward.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wow. People were actually joking about the next just moving from forest to water to sky, desert or volcano and that's the true heavy rumor? Hopefully there's a scene like this in it with Sully saving one of the kids he has left so the series can move on without his character...

...more Neytiri, please. Jim can go ahead and kill at least one more of the annoying kids too. He has my blessing. 

The way Avatar 2 is setup it's not just going to be volcano world, it's just going to be an additional place. Who knows if the main cast will even go there?

I think the metkeyina (sea tribe) are going to have a huge role

We could just be intrudted to this new tribe in the same way we are introduced to bridgehead in A2.

Edited by IronJimbo

3 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Thanky you. I dunno, Jim said that A5 would have Na'vi fight on Earth so that makes me think Quaritch would switch sides. It doesn't make sense for him to remain with humans since he will never be one again. So it's logical that he'll have to gravitate towards Na'vi now that he is one. And he cares for his son.

yall think if they made the names easier to remember or atleast put it on screen people wouldve resonated with the characters more for the future? I liked the character personalities but still cant name a single one of them if you put a gun to my head. Cameron couldve done a better job at this imo

11 minutes ago, shruth said:

yall think if they made the names easier to remember or atleast put it on screen people wouldve resonated with the characters more for the future? I liked the character personalities but still cant name a single one of them if you put a gun to my head. Cameron couldve done a better job at this imo

they say the names outloud a lot to help with this problem, even subtitle the names right at the start to help too

Spider - you will know because his names said all the time
Neteyam - the brother who dies

Lo'ak - the younger brother who is friends with payakan

payakan - the outcast whale

Kiri - Adopted daughter who has a connection to Eywa

TUK - lil daughter

Jake - DAD

Neytiri - MUM

Quaritch - Main Villian and Spider's Dad

Edited by IronJimbo

15 hours ago, elcaballero said:

Not sure if I missed something, but is there a reason that Spider was side-eying Neytiri before she took him as a hostage? I guess she did have berserker rage mode on, but it almost felt like something got edited out to me.

Overall, I'm so down to see more of this world now, which I actually wasn't after the first one.

I also noticed that shot of Spider looking at her and thought it was kind of odd. But certainly in hindsight he has reasons to mistrust her.

I really liked Lo'ak. 

Still thinking the initial teaser trailer was perhaps better than the movie itself at "showing not telling" the vibes.