The Wild Eric

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

3 minutes ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

Guys, the "COVID hesitanchy" line is clearly talking about what's going on in China specifically. Chillax.

Fair enough, I didn't get that and don't know anything about that situation. Sorry if I opened an unnecessary can of worms lol

Edited by MOVIEGUY
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

COVID hesitancy is a thing unless it gets in the way of something people really want, Spider-Man etc

y'all brought it up

At this point for most countries you are right sure. But the talk is about China and the situation is massively different rn to anywhere else , both in the handling of the virus and massive changes between approaches, the mindset of the people towards it and the infections. Its not remotely comperable neither to "covid hesitancy" and the state of the epidemic in other countries nor to how China itself was any number of months ago

• Like 2

Just now, Firepower said:

Well, I stated facts, deal with it.

You didn't, and you're still talking. That's the issue. COVID hesitancy is definitely real in China. It's going to cost the film several hundred million dollars. It's well documented. I was talking about China. I already clarified that. How are you still responding to this so incorrectly? 

2 minutes ago, Korra Legion said:

Endgame would make like 200M in current China conditions. Educate yourself 

I don't think so. EndGame was different beast there. And it has the ''must see as soon as possible'' element that Avatar 2 doesn't have. I think it could do much better even with the covid situation.

7 minutes ago, Gkalaitza said:

thats that they are talking about yeah and for China its anything but an excuse for the massive (highest in the globe) underperformance. The major reason more like it. Its quite well documented and corraborated at this point and losing like $250m just from that is a huge blow. And its not like you can say "China was gonna be like this anyway" cause whats happening is very specific for these weeks and the and the situation came out of nowhere even for Chinese citizens. So Avatar arguably got released in the worst situation of the pandemic period there post initial lockdowns

I agree that China seriously underperformed because of their Covid situation. But this excuse doesn't work for other countries anymore.

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Seeing this trail behind Black Panther 2 by a large margin in the US is pretty funny, because here in Turkey the former's opening day ended up bigger in admissions than the entire opening weekend of the latter.

In India it has crossed Black Panther 2 in 1.5 days.

And it'll take down Dr Strange 2 in 3 days flat.

10 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

COVID hesitancy is a thing unless it gets in the way of something people really want, Spider-Man etc

y'all brought it up

Mainly talking about China. They had zero covid policy which was lifted so it's currently in crisis

Just now, Firepower said:

I agree that China seriously underperformed because of their Covid situation. But this excuse doesn't work for other countries anymore.

And that's why people are not using that excuse with other countries. The term "COVID hesitancy" is being used on China and nowhere else. This is what we are telling you again and again. Stop trying to say people are saying something they are clearly not saying. Because at this point, it seems you are intentionally doing this to get a reaction out of people.

2 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

You didn't, and you're still talking. That's the issue. COVID hesitancy is definitely real in China. It's going to cost the film several hundred million dollars. It's well documented. I was talking about China. I already clarified that. How are you still responding to this so incorrectly? 

I think you confused my post. I actually agree it seriously underperfomed in China because of its terrible Covid situation. But it's not the reason why it underperformed in other markets.

• Like 1