The Wild Eric

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

18 minutes ago, Mulder said:

So if the third weekend also doesn’t suddenly become an insane legs masterpiece will people accept it or just say “THE FOURTH WEEKEND GOT THIS”?

Nice try, many of us have been saying its the 4th weekend that will be the first true idea of where this is going.

Christams and New Year weekends can be all over the place for various reasons.

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

So Jurassic World over Avatar 2 DOM and Worldwide just became a lot more likely?

Cameron will add Dinos in future Avatar sequels to fight against Na'vi then it'll be highest grossing movie . Jurassic supremacy 

Edited by Nero
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Nice try, many of us have been saying its the 4th weekend that will be the first true idea of where this is going.

You have to be genuinely kidding me. Cameron himself said the third weekend would be the final decider.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

We will have a pretty good idea where this is heading after upcoming Sunday.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Yes the second week will be important, but the second weekend will also be a good indication in all likelihood.

Could see Christmas and, more so, if this winter blast turns into anything... My area of Pittsburgh is expecting 1 to 3 inches of total accumulation but absolutely insane frigid temps with wind chills well below zero. That could, though I can't say for sure, deflate the weekend even more... I'd think by Sunday the roads will be cleared and the storm well passed though. With that, Christmas Day and the days that follow directly after might just be even more inflated... Which after the meltdowns will result in people reversing course too much in the other direction then everything will balance out by New Year's weekend.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

We don't even have actuals for the first day after OW.

So you’re going to doubt Charlie’s numbers? Come on.

Just now, stuart360 said:

No he didnt.

Even if he didn’t (despite what a bunch of people have said on here and I’m not looking it up on my phone) the fact you would genuinely argue it would take until the fourth weekend to determine legs is insane 

4 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

No he didnt.

He did talk about it in a recent interview. He said he will get to know how movie will perform on 3rd weekend because that's how both Titanic and Avatar behaved.

Edited by Nero

1 minute ago, Elessar said:

We will have a pretty good idea where this is heading after upcoming Sunday.

Eh, I think the final shopping day/Xmas Eve/Xmas Day (weaker post-pandemic) plus massive winter storm weekend has a chance to be deceptively low and not necessarily indicative of future potential 

Should have a much better idea after seeing the boost for the post-Christmas weekdays, narrow the range a good deal 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

He did talk about it in a recent interview. He said he will get to know how movie will perform on 3rd weekend because that's how both Titanic and Avatar behaved.

His actual quote was somehting like 'we wont have a real idea where the film is heading until the 3rd and 4th weekends', which is fair.

Thats not what people are saying in here.

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

He’s forgetting that Titanic and Avatar weren't sequels. 

• Like 1