The Wild Eric

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

4 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Jurassic franchise actually gave a hook to audience not just Dinosaur but different plots for dinosaur it's different thing that they were not well made but still.

Avatar is just relying on visuals , even for part 2 hook was underwater visuals

if I have to guess for Part 3 , the hook will flying visuals or something , when they meet the air tribe ?? 

The hook will be when they meet the air tribe, but the air tribe has been wiped out by the humans, leaving only one member left alive. One might even say they were the last one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 3

5 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Jurassic franchise actually gave a hook to audience not just Dinosaur but different plots for dinosaur it's different thing that they were not well made but still.

Nah, Jurassic Park/Worlds hook is entirely dinosaurs. That's absolutely nothing more to it. Jurassic Park is a masterpiece, and Jurassic World is good, but there's a reason why the sequels are all pretty mediocre - there's only so much you can do with it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

if I have to guess for Part 3 , the hook will flying visuals or something , when they meet the air tribe ?? 

:WHATanabe:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dale Cooper said:

Nah, Jurassic Park/Worlds hook is entirely dinosaurs. That's absolutely nothing more to it. Jurassic Park is a masterpiece, and Jurassic World is good, but there's a reason why the sequels are all pretty mediocre - there's only so much you can do with it.

Yes Dinosaur is the hook but they come up with some creative ideas which could have lead to some great movies , the hook of last movie for say was good but it didn't materialize

Avatar so far has no hook. Not even a single story point could be discussed for future excitement I think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

Besides 2 movies this is the general opinion. 1st one is a masterpiece tho

Except JP3 and Dominion (too many flaws that even i can recognize) all of them are masterpieces :)

13 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

The hook will be when they meet the air tribe, but the air tribe has been wiped out by the humans, leaving only one member left alive. One might even say they were the last one. 

The twist will be that they eventually find out when and why the Fire Tribe attacked and how that changed everything.

• Astonished 1

16 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

The twist will be when Jack Sully conquers the other tribes and declare himself Phoenix King, or Tulkan Emperor if you will. 

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

Yes Dinosaur is the hook but they come up with some creative ideas which could have lead to some great movies , the hook of last movie for say was good but it didn't materialize

Avatar so far has no hook. Not even a single story point could be discussed for future excitement I think.

I would definitely argue that the hook for seeing any Jurassic movie these days is dinos to the same extent Avatar's hook is visuals. Whatever plot point hooks there are doesn't really matter. It's not what sells the movie.

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Based on where 2 ends I don't think 3 will have a new hook at all, it will just up the scales of the conflict a lot and be heavier on the action, less documentary IMO.

I doubt egotistical Cameron will do that. 9 hours of first cut he has, how much do you think that is visual documentary?🤔

46 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's pretty rough how good things were looking 10 days ago compared to now ngl. Still this is gonna fill out PLF's til the end of jan and people are still underestimating it and it's still on track to become the highest grossing post-covid movie of all time.

yeah, what happened between 10 days ago and now? Was it just an echo chamber that skewed the interest in the movie as opposed to actual interest?

1 minute ago, Grebacio said:

Cameron needs to keep Avatar 3 runtime below 2h40mins.

At least for theatrical cut.

For someone that released god knows how much different versions of Avatar and his previous films, I’m baffled how he wouldn’t see the obvious. Avengers: Endgame did what it did despite its obscene running time, not because of it. Avatar 2 simply didn’t earn it’s running time if what matters here is to maximize profits.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

You describing the third one, I’m already falling asleep!!

11 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

yeah, what happened between 10 days ago and now? Was it just an echo chamber that skewed the interest in the movie as opposed to actual interest?

I think the fact that the movie just is not selling well outside of PLF's blindsided everyone. Also the runtime could be a major issue.

Also check this out, Avatar 2's interest rating on The Quorum hard dipped between the 28th of Nov right up until the release.

https://thequorum.com/will-a-last-minute-dip-in-interest-hurt-avatar-the-way-of-water/

For some reason the interest in the movie dipped at the last moment?
I've seen no explanations for this, here are my theories.

1) Marketing - Something they did around that time drove down interest. Perhaps that's around when they started pushing 3D hard.

2) Reactions & Reviews. People saying it's all style and no substance and the same as the first

3) James Cameron Comments about high test being a toxin

Edited by IronJimbo

10 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

For someone that released god knows how much different versions of Avatar and his previous films, I’m baffled how he wouldn’t see the obvious. Avengers: Endgame did what it did despite its obscene running time, not because of it. Avatar 2 simply didn’t earn it’s running time if what matters here is to maximize profits.

I'm gonna wait a couple weeks before I start writing eulogies.

Though I do agree that if this movie ends up not turning a profit, this is a legitimate thing to point at.

It's a long flick! (though it doesn't seem to be really bothering many people that I can see)

• Like 1

Just now, shruth said:

people have horrible attention spans nowadays and expect songs to be 2 and a half minutes long and movies to be under 2 hours. It's ridiculous

Yes, people are so bad for wanting some quick entertainment in this god awful world we live in. HOW DARE THEY HAS LESS ATTENTION SPANS THAN MY GENERATION! IT'S RIDICULOUS!

It's the audience that decides what is good and what isn't, not the other way around. Also, what you said is not true even according to Cameron as he pointed out that some audience choose to binge all season of shows nowadays which is more time consuming. If you make good content there won't be a problem like that.

• Like 1