The Wild Eric

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

23 minutes ago, stripe said:

53 pages in a daily thread and we don't even have an official Tuesday number.

Avatar not only will save cinemas, it's also reviving this forum. All hail Cameron!

Can confirm. Here to watch avatar run and the meltdowns either way it goes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Korra Legion said:

1B is a poor result because sequels in strong franchises should improve on their predecessor in footfall.

Cf. Thor 4

I'm not sure if you're being serious with this post but films released over the Christmas holiday, it's always a marathon never a sprint. There's a million and one things to do for people over the Christmas holidays so everyone's going to spread their time out to go see this film. I haven't even seen it yet and I probably won't get to see it until next week sometime. Just too much going on right now.

• Like 3

It's funny people are expecting meltdowns, but you guys have to realise the Avatar fans on this site have been conditioned over years of negativity. If you're expecting meltdowns I would honestly just save yourself wasting the time. Perhaps it also speaks to the type of people who like Avatar over the cool geek franchises like MCU and Star Wars?

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's funny people are expecting meltdowns, but you guys have to realise the Avatar fans on this site have been conditioned over years of negativity. If you're expecting meltdowns I would honestly just save yourself wasting the time. Perhaps it also speaks to the type of people who like Avatar over the cool geek franchises like MCU and Star Wars?

You do realise that those who like MCU and star wars are also watching avatar and vice versa 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nero said:

You do realise that those who like MCU and star wars are also watching avatar and vice versa 

good!

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

I think you're spot on to be honest.

I have read the tweets, watched the Youtube vids, read the numerous Reddit threads. There are whole movements against this film by certain fanbases.

I would say this website in particular does skew more towards people who like all big movies in general.

6 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I think you're spot on to be honest.

I have read the tweets, watched the Youtube vids, read the numerous Reddit threads. There are whole movements against this film by certain fanbases.

If those people criticize SW/MCU because of diversity and pronounce women "wahmen" then you are deep in the wrong rabbit hole and they aren't a real representative of nerd culture.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I mean, just because I haven't see Avatar yet, doesn’t mean there’s a movement of people against the movie.

This conversation is really not gonna go the way y’all think it is. So why don’t we move on!!!

• Like 2