The Wild Eric

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

may adjust to highest grossing movie of all time depending on the rest of december

(assuming everything goes right) I dont see it happening without a STRONG china re-release

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

the hearsay is 14M. wait till i see numbers in evening personally.

back to dooming? or is it all because of the snowstorm?

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

If we're ranking James Cameron films, I just want to throw in my two cents and say that Titanic is genuinely one of the best films ever made. And I can't remember which critic it was that said it, but it is truly the Gone With the Wind of this generation.

Yes, romance genre was always given a drama, comedy, musical direction in this VFX and pyrotechnic-driven era but JC manage to blend worldclass visual with human drama. A fusion that hardly anyone can replicate. 

Also, despite huge set and top-notch technology, throughout the movie JC never forgot that he was making a historical based romance drama. The editing and pacing have a more drama-like feel than modern-world popcorn flick style.  

That movie has some cheesy dialogue but the acting from its cast and James Horner score cover these flaws in writting masterfully.  

9 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Yes, romance genre was always given a drama, comedy, musical direction in this VFX and pyrotechnic-driven era but JC manage to blend worldclass visual with human drama. A fusion that hardly anyone can replicate. 

Also, despite huge set and top-notch technology, throughout the movie JC never forgot that he was making a historical based romance drama. The editing and pacing have a more drama-like feel than modern-world popcorn flick style.  

That movie has some cheesy dialogue but the acting from its cast and James Horner score cover these flaws in writting masterfully.  

Titanic is the best movie of Cameron. @Cap @Maggie @DAJK @Sheldon Cr 

titanic revolutionary road GIF

Edited by Nero
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

I think it's only us/Canada thing 

I mean it doesn’t work with premium screens even with older releases here in Brazil . I watched Wakanda Forever at a premium ‘IMAX’ 2D screen and paid full price, and that was more than one month after the film’s release (got sick right before going to the Wakanda Forever premiere, fuck covid).