The Wild Eric

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

8 hours ago, baumer said:

Also been on a pretty big Christmas movie kick lately. Watched home alone the other night, A Christmas story and also a Christmas vacation. All terrific Christmas films.

Almost time for that annual Christmas movie re-watch:

64GuDZO.png

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

01. Aliens 10/10 perfect movie

02. Terminator 2 - 10/10 perfect action movie

03. Terminator 1 9/10 - a true classic

04. The Abyss - 9/10 - still too underrated!

05. Avatar - 7/10 - pretty movie!

06. True Lies - 7/10 - gets worse with every rewatch for me, but still solid 90s action

07. Titanic - 2/10 - Boring

I dont think i have to explain what my hottake here is and i hope i wont get murdered too fast for it.

Terminator 2

Terminator

Aliens

True Lies

Titanic

I'd have to rewatch The Abyss again to rank it properly, haven't seen it since the 90s.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Titanic is the best movie of Cameron. @Cap @Maggie @DAJK @Sheldon Cr 

titanic revolutionary road GIF

For the record, this is how I ranked JC film.

1. Titanic

2. Aliens

3. T2

4. Avatar

5. A2

6. T1

7. True Lies

8. The Abyss

While I have issue with A2, its visual effect was just too stunning for me, the movie is still a visual medium after all, whatever great image they put on screen worth a credit especially for some visual masterpiece like A2. This is especially true after years of zoom background-like VFX, insincere craft that throw at our face constantly in the past 10 years.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Felandria said:

The fact that it went up on Tuesday when Avatar1 went down 2% on its first Tuesday is a pretty good sign, right?

No - discount Tuesdays, which is what facilitates Tuesday increases, weren’t a thing in 2009, so weekdays in general were mostly flat/trending down. Now we get a random mid-week bump which makes interpreting the Mon & Tue numbers more nuanced, less precise  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eric in Boots said:

@Cap Very shocked you didn't bring up the Real Party scene. This is probably the best scene Daddy Cameron's ever directed and I will take that to my grave. 

it even has feet!!!

also, when the thread dies down a little bit around like two in the morning, and we need to keep the party going, I’ll unleash All of my hot takes on why I ranked James Cameron movies the way I did. I’m sure that will get a bunch of people banned, including myself, but we’ll get at least another like 10 or 15 pages out of it.

but we don’t need to do that now.  we’ve got a good flow going now

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I seriously can't believe a weekday thread is actually about to be bigger than most weekend threads of this past year.

Just think how page this thread would have today if I wasn't

PISSED THE ROYALLY FUCK OFF AND STAYING OFF THIS BOARD SO I DON'T BLOW A FUCKING GASKET OVER SPORTSBALL NEWS TODAY

Ahem.

That is to say, it might even be higher if I was in any mood to chat about things here.

(which I'm not)

• Haha 4
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Just think how page this thread would have today if I wasn't

PISSED THE ROYALLY FUCK OFF AND STAYING OFF THIS BOARD SO I DON'T BLOW A FUCKING GASKET OVER SPORTSBALL NEWS TODAY

Ahem.

That is to say, it might even be higher if I was in any mood to chat about things here.

(which I'm not)

Houston Astros Cheers GIF by adidas

I knew it! Was talking about a Tuesday bump to counter the slightly more harsh Monday drop compared to Rogue One. I didn't know if it would actually happen though! 

Oh, and @baumer definitely check out A Christmas Story Christmas. I was a little cynical going in but they did just about as good a job as possible on it. It doesn't quite hit with the same magic but has just the right amount of callbacks and nostalgia while also carving its own path.

3 minutes ago, XXR Also in Boots said:

Houston Astros Cheers GIF by adidas

Won't even get a Big Willie out of me today (never mind an Apoc) for such an obvious troll; that's how... put out — I am right now.

(nothing like finding out that a Front Office isn't emulating the Rays... they're emulating the ORIOLES to put a... damper on one's mood)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1