Purple Minion

PUSS IN BOOTS: THE LAST WISH OS Thread | 296M Overseas • 481.5M Worldwide

5 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

In Japan, PiB did ¥1.17B back in March 2012.

yeah, and since Sing 2 did 3.31B Yen, and Rise of Gru did 4.44B, I feel like the lower limit for this should be around 3B yen, but maybe I'm too optimistic

UK opening next week should give this a very healthy boost. Animation always skews big here (Minions Gru made +$50m). There might not be quite enough in the tank for holdovers to get it to $300m OS, but its not going to be far off. Maybe $450m total when all is said and done - not bad at all!

Japan isn't really a growing market like a Saudi Arabia so I doubt it. But it is an animation so..

On 1/24/2023 at 11:51 AM, Flip said:

yeah, and since Sing 2 did 3.31B Yen, and Rise of Gru did 4.44B, I feel like the lower limit for this should be around 3B yen, but maybe I'm too optimistic

9 hours ago, Hilpkioy said:

Japan isn't really a growing market like a Saudi Arabia so I doubt it. But it is an animation so..

That makes no sense. Illumination is decently popular in Japan, shrek and puss aren't. The first Puss barely cracked 1 billion. Japan doesn't even have inflation to help it out. Why would tripling the first PiB be a "lower limit" when it hasn't even done that basically anywhere else?

Edited by JustLurking

On 1/30/2023 at 7:34 AM, JustLurking said:

That makes no sense. Illumination is decently popular in Japan, shrek and puss aren't. The first Puss barely cracked 1 billion. Japan doesn't even have inflation to help it out. Why would tripling the first PiB be a "lower limit" when it hasn't even done that basically anywhere else?

Yeah I am probably being too optimistic but I do think the likely good WOM can at least propel it past the original

DeadlinePuss in Boots: The Last Wish just keeps purring along as it nears $400M global. The offshore weekend was good for $12.1M in 80 markets (-33%) to tally a $235.2M running cume. Worldwide, the total to date is $393.7M. The sequel is now the 3rd biggest animation of the pandemic, and this session topped Black Adam to become the 11th biggest studio release of 2022 internationally and 12th biggest global. Excluding China, the film continues to be above Sing 2 and in line with Sing and How To How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World at the same point. 

After a strong debut last session, the UK kept Puss at No. 1 as it passed the lifetime of Encanto with $11M to date. Brazil, Mexico and France have been standouts while Argentina pushed Puss to become the 2nd biggest animated title of all time (only behind Universal’s own Minions: The Rise of Gru), as well as the 6th biggest film ever.

Top 5 markets to date are Mexico ($23.6M), France ($20.1M), Germany ($16.1M), Brazil ($14.8M) and Australia ($14M). 

• Like 2

Deadline: The spinoff sequel crossed $400M with Tuesday’s numbers bringing the worldwide kitty to $401.5M. The split is $160.1M domestic and $241.4M at the international box office.

It recently opened in the UK and through two frames has grossed $13.8M. The top market is Mexico at $23.9M, followed by France ($20.3M), Germany ($16.2M), Brazil ($15.4M) and Australia ($14M).

The Last Wish is the No. 1 DreamWorks Animation title of all time in 28 international markets to date: Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Lebanon, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Bolivia, Romania, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Venezuela, Estonia, Latvia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Armenia, Nigeria, Uzbekistan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Moldova, Albania, Macedonia and Tajikistan.

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Heart 1